• This topic has 116 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • WHAMaggedden 22
  • aide

Anyone else playing this year?

Am oot already, switched the radio on today and it’s the first bloody tune they played. Managed to get right through last year so pi§§Ed off this year – not even passed the starting grid

😠

weeksy

I only listen to heart70s/absolute70s…. No xmas songs..

well that and Solar Radio when in the garage.

ChrisL

I got knocked out on the 1st of December last year when I popped into a shop. Hopefully I’ll do better this year.

MoreCashThanDash

5Live had left it as the backing track to the bauble game, so i was out at 7.16 this morning.

They did apologise as they had said they would play something else today.

pondo

I’m in – haven’t even switched the radio on yet, so safe so far. 🙂

leegee

It got me in M&S Monday night, does it count as it was still November then?

Houns

Girls at work have inane local commercial radio playing, so I’m at risk every time I pop in for a brew, otherwise pubs or supermarket are my biggest risk.

mogrim

When does it officially start? As I got hit the weekend before last in Amsterdam, so quite possibly already out before it really started 🙁

yoluka

Thank you SO much for the ear worm

tenfoot

Out within 10 minutes of getting to work this morning, after someone played it on their laptop.

fadda

Covid made it easier as I went into far fewer shops – made it to 23rd last year.

6music during the day should be safe enough, but my MUCH better half has R2 in the car, so that’s really where my danger lies, when I get in and turn the ignition on without thinking…

redthunder
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

5Live had left it as the backing track to the bauble game, so i was out at 7.16 this morning.

They did apologise as they had said they would play something else today.

yep, caught me on that one too the eejits.

misteralz
    Free Member

Official start is 0000hrs on the 1st of December, so before today you were safe. Woke up to a text from my better half at 0652 my time bemoaning that she’d made it to the 23rd last year but was out on the first day this year. Gutted for her.

ChrisL

https://www.whamageddon.com/

The Rules!
    The 1st Rule
    The objective is to go as long as possible without hearing WHAM’s Christmas classic; “Last Christmas”.

The 2nd Rule
    The game starts on December 1st, and finishes at the end of December 24th.
    Use your local timezone, if you’d like.
    (Yes, we’re European heathens)

The 3rd Rule
    Only the original version applies. Enjoy the ?#!$&%! out of remixes and covers.

The 4th Rule
    You’re out as soon as you recognise the song.

Bonus Rule
    Post on social media with the #whamageddon hashtag when you get hit.

PvP?
    While we can’t stop you from deliberately sending your friends to Whamhalla, the intention is that this is a survival game. Not a Battle Royale. So … don’t be a dick, mkay?

jeffl

Managed it last year, let’s go for the double this year.

mogrim

Back in the game, then!

CountZero

I was out several days ago – whatever god-awful commercial station gets played over the PA in the next workshop played it, might have been at the weekend. ☹️

Ah, just noticed the 2nd Rule! I’m not back at work until the 14th, working to the18th, there’s no way I’ll have any radio on that is likely to play it, and WHAM is out of the question anyway, as far as my tastes are concerned, so I might get away with it until Christmas, I don’t go back until the new year!
    Ah, the benefit of a shift system along with having holidays to use up before the new year. 😎

duncancallum

Out due to radio 2…

mrchrispy

Not a chance I’ll make it. the office has a shop down in the atrium which you can hear pretty much anywhere in the building

Bunnyhop

Wham’s ‘Last Christmas’ one of the best tunes ever. I’m still waiting to hear it.
    Hubby is playing ‘Christmas song bingo’. where there are many tunes on a list that he has to tick off. By the 25th, we may be flagging.

dirkpitt74

I’m out already – got WHAMbushed last night when I went out to pick my daughter up from dancing, turned the key and the radio burst in to life with ‘that song’……..
    Got to around the 18th last year lol

andybrad

and were off!

survived the German Christmas markets already

martymac

I’m still in, but I don’t listen to radio at all in December or January.
    And i wear NC earbuds when I go into shops.
    So feel confident i’ll win.
    Although i got knocked out on xmas eve last year.

mrchrispy

Twitter took me out this morning, I knew I was playing with fire

kayak23

6 muzak has so far proved a safe haven. 😊

thenorthwind

6 muzak has so far proved a safe haven. 😊

Should be safe from Wham, but you can feel the Christmas songs coming. There was one about snow last night… conspicuous bells will be making an appearance soon, and before you know it, every other song will be Fleet Foxes’ White Winter Hymnal and MAH will be inviting us to imagine taking a sonic journey aboard a sleigh.

The last couple of years has been great. I haven’t really gone into shops or listened to the radio, so I only have to worry if someone puts on Christmas songs in the house. This year, to save me from tears, I’ll have to keep the earbuds in when I go in a shop. Mrs.10 keeps putting the car radio on the Denver equivalent of Wave 105. I just have to remember to change that as I get into the car.

aide

This year, to save me from tears

I see what you did there – nice

reluctantjumper

Got though to the end last year, a combination of no radio and online shopping. Trying the same tactic this year 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

got WHAMbushed last night

A phrase that could have multiple meanings

Harry_the_Spider

Whambushed at the local am-dram panto!

Boooo!

scratch
    Free Member

Mill’s did the R2 crowd up like a kipper yesterday opening his show with it without warning, every workshop and garage out 2pm 1st Dec.

One of my rules of life is that if I enter a workshop or garage and they’re not playing R2 I immediately walk out and find somewhere else.

NTS radio on at home 24/7 so it’s just the car I’m at risk mostly.

droplinked

I might be the minority here but I think the song is an absolute belter – one of my favourite Christmas songs.

jekkyl

I thought I was out this morning when the wife’s watching the Pentatonix thing on Disney they started singing it… Came here to find covers don’t count..
    Back in the game!

mrsheen
    Free Member

If you want to live dangerously then Channel 5 until 9pm….

mrsheen
    Free Member

Deleted double post.

bigdaddy

I’m out, beat last year by 1 day! Because my car is off the road broken I had to use my wife’s car and the radio is fixed on magic radio – Christmas bloody music the whole time!

It is a belter of a song but that’s not the point of the game!

MoreCashThanDash

If you want to live dangerously then Channel 5 until 9pm….

On right now!

Daughters Christmas concert last night, one ensemble played a “Medley of Christmas Hits”. There’s was an audible “bugger” a couple of rows behind me when this was included

pocpoc
    Free Member

Out by 8am on the 1st. In the kitchen sorting out school pack ups. 10yo daughter walks in… “Alexa, play christmas songs” “OK, here’s a station you might like…” and first bloody song it pipes up with!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.