• This topic has 116 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • WHAMaggedden 22
  • fazzini

Still going despite the work canteen radio trying its best to scupper me!!

reluctantjumper

Just got done in McDonald’s, the groan from lots of people around me was some consolation.

dthom3uk

I’m still in. My best run ever. I had a minor panic as I strolled into Tesco’s yesterday when they were belting out the Christmas hits but managed to get out before Wham came on.

spawnofyorkshire

This is my longest run too. Thought I’d got pinged in Sainsbury’s yesterday but it was a cover version

fazzini

Well this is embarrassing isn’t it?? I have, after a long run, Wham’d myself 😳🤦🏻‍♂️

Forgot to change my Spotify playlist for the drive home from Glasgow having been at work, and lo and behold, Wham appear on some sort of 80s/Xmas hybrid playlist.
    Chuffing pillock that I am 😂 ah well, 3 weeks at home before I’m back up there.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Still in 👍

beej

Still in… do I risk nipping to Waitrose in the morning for poppadoms?

bigdean

Well I’ve made it untill Christmas Eve without hearing it, miracles do happen.

kayak23

Well I’ve made it untill Christmas Eve without hearing it, miracles do happen.

Tomorrow you have Shirley?

tthew

I’m traveling into the jaws of the beast this morning. Going to give blood, and they always have a Christmas playlist on the boombox. Trapped for about an hour, I don’t think I’ll avoid it.

fadda

At what point have we actually made it? Is it Xmas day?

greyspoke
    Free Member

I’m still in! Last heard it at the end of November. Got the Kings carol service on atm – that should be safe?

squirrelking
    Free Member

I got put out this morning buying a bacon and tattie scone roll. Should have known better than to go to Aulds.

kayak23

Mil has got radio 2 on full blast upstairs.
    This could be the end for me 😭

swanny853

1723 Christmas Eve. I normally make it but when I don’t I’ve been out pretty early so this is a new and unwelcome snatching of the prize at the last minute.

jodafett

Turns out I would have done it this year if it wasn’t for my devious daughter I mentioned earlier in this thread!

tthew

Got got on the way home from the supermarket 2pm because my missis insists on playing Heart radio in the van instead of 6 music. I didn’t even click I was whistling along until she pointed it out. 🤣

Merry bloomin’ Christmas.

mogrim

0:07 here, very Bond and no Wham! I’ve made it! (WFH+living in Spain does make it a bit easier, but it’s still a pretty international classic!)

Might actually put it on now, just because 🙂

desperatebicycle

Sky+ed “Motherland: Last Christmas”. Sat down to watch and it had recorded the film Last Christmas… the song played! I didn’t turn it off though, well not for about another 5 mins when I realised what a godawful film it was.

Turns out Motherland Last Christmas was bloody hilarious.

bedfordrd

Spending the majority of December on a sail boat has meant I’d actually forgotten all about this, so am still in! Only a few hours to go…

neilthewheel

12 minutes to go, I believe I’m home and dry.

kelvin

Made it. Very surprised.

ElShalimo

Ditto

I heard a couple of cover versions on the radio but I survived

dthom3uk

Made it. What do we win?

beej

I’m a survivor too, despite having to do a Christmas Eve Sainsburys and town run. No idea how I made it, almost no active avoidance. I did make sure the “Last Christmas” film didn’t come on though.

tthew

Random 8 hour re-post!

kayak23

Made it. What do we win?

Well done all. Your prize is HERE! 🎉🎉🎉🎄🎉🎉🎉

dthom3uk

Ha ha. Damn you with your Rick Astley..

Merry Christmas Whamageddon participants.

aide

Well done to all the successful people that made it

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Made it.
    Worried about what that means in terms of my interactions with normal society.
    Right, time to avoid sprouts is looming.

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve made it! First time I’ve survived
    That’s despite multiple trips to the supermarket and a shopping centre

zippykona

I made it 2.30. When is the cut off?

ChrisL

You win if you make it to Christmas day without hearing it, hearing it on the day itself is fine – except for the fact you are being subjected to the song at all, obviously.

I’m a winner! Which is nice as I was knocked out on the 1st of December last year.

dudeofdoom

0:07 here, very Bond and no Wham! I’ve made it! (WFH+living in Spain does make it a bit easier, but it’s still a pretty international classic!)

I also survived the Spanish edition,I reckon if I’d have been listening to the local radio I may have been nobbled as they play a lot of English language all year round.

neilthewheel

Great prize kayak23 🎄

fadda

I made it!!!

tthew
Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.