• This topic has 131 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by fossy.
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Welsh Government riding restrictions
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Lockdown has been over for weeks in reality ever since the whole Cummings thing everyone started having people over their houses going out more etc

Hasn’t been any police “checkpoints” pulling people over like there was a few months ago.

The problem I see for Wales is going to be when things are relaxed and the border reopened as such is that everyone has been told to stay away for so long you are basically compressing all the tourists/Mountain bikers/holiday home onwers etc into a shorter space of time so you end up with them all coming at once. Probably make it harder to manage

reluctantjumper

Hasn’t been any police “checkpoints” pulling people over like there was a few months ago.

Not constant ones but there are patrols going round checking the honeypots. A few fines a day are being handed out in Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons to people who have travelled long distances and parked in closed carparks. It’s much more passive now compared to the original enforcement but they’re still out there taking care of the people who are taking the piss.

twrch
    Free Member

Personally I think Drakeford’s biggest problem is that they’re losing control

I think his biggest problem is trying to exert too much control, and most people (myself included) think the downsides outweigh the benefits at this point. Unless you are a key worker with no family and don’t mind not seeing your friends, life in Wales is now very different to life in England, and at the rate we are moving, will be that way for much too long.

they’re still out there taking care of the people who are taking the piss.

How dare they, crossing our borders, looking at our mountains!

Twodogs

Some of the logic is this thread seems a bit backwards, “the R number is lower in Wales so they should be reopening things” isn’t that the opposite of saying the r number is higher in England because they opened more things?

My comment about the R number was really me pondering what it meant…there’s 2 ways of looking at it (at least):

1. Good job we’ve still got a strict lockdown, otherwise it would be as high as the SW of England

Or 2. Why are we still in such a strict lockdown when our R number is no better than in NE and E England where it’s been relaxed

I don’t know.

I’ll just keep riding round the Gower…tho the bits to and from the house are getting a bit repetitive!

roach
    cloggy

Its a bit daft having the same rules across Wales. Mid Wales could hardly be more different to the valleys. Its also pretty two faced of the Welsh Government, complaining that the devolved regions are different to England and then failing to distinguish between their own highly variable regions.

montgomery
    Free Member

So, Wales is open to us lepers over the border as of Monday, right (unless I’m from Leicester, obvs)?

lister

Brechfa will remain closed for a couple of months for tree harvesting.

P-Jay
    Free Member

So, Wales is open to us lepers over the border as of Monday, right (unless I’m from Leicester, obvs)?

Yeah I think so, worth checking if where you’re planning to travel to is open though. BPW isn’t open until later in the week and Llandegla is only open to people who pre-book and they’re booked up (for weekends at least) for weeks and weeks.

daviek

BPW is meant to be starting to take bookings right about now.

montgomery
    Free Member

No worries on that score, you couldn’t pay me enough to go near a trail centre anytime soon. **** that, I’d be as likely to spend tomorrow evening in a Liverpool pub. I had other stuff in mind.

fossy

My static is open from next weekend, thank fark.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Welsh Government riding restrictions’ is closed to new replies.