• This topic has 29 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by dove1.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Weekend rides 16 11 to 18 11. Pics and stuff.
  • colournoise

Got a work course tomorrow, so even though it was damp managed to fit a quick couple of laps of the woods in tonight.

colp

Took the ebike and dog out for some laps of the local hill. It’s totally carpeted in pine needles at the moment

jekkyl

Macc forest in the dark last night, was a tad foggy so very atmospheric, loved it. Went up to do Charity lane which I haven’t for some time… It’s a bit tame and sh#t int it. Cumberland clough always a belter though.

tomaso
    Free Member

Friday slackers ride out of Hartsop around Ullswater

Klunk
    Free Member

twas nice out this morning, trails still dryish and can still get traction on worn summers and not much standing water….

sunny finally came out

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Getting out if the city without leaving the city

IMG_20181117_141252257_BURST000_COVER

IMG_20181117_141401356

IMG_20181117_131823493

IMG_20181117_130603014_BURST000_COVER_TOP

IMG_20181117_130547172

https://www.strava.com/activities/1969716897/overview

Finding some interval fun in the woods, would have been a km shorter if I didn’t have to dodge all the dog walkers.

whitestone
    Free Member

A bit of exploring. Headed out on the fat bike to tick a few very cheeky VeloViewer Explorer squares. The first couple were rideable. The next two weren’t! The bit below was one of the easy bits. 8km of gently undulating ground took 1hr 45mins.

Not many people will know where this trig point is! Which given that there aren’t really any footpaths to it, and definitely no bridleways, probably isn’t surprising. @MartinHutch might get it.

A total of 30km in four hours. Didn’t see anyone, for three of those four hours, no bikers, no walkers, no farm workers, no-one.

martinhutch

@MartinHutch might get it.

Nope. I’m struggling. give me a minute.

EDIT: Got it, I think. I’ll give all the other hundreds of contestants a chance, though. 😉

And what on Earth possessed you to go out that way? Obsessive ticking is bad for you 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

If the nearest name on the map begins with a ‘Y’ you’ve got it!

Actually there were a few quad bike tracks here and there but they often headed off in unhelpful directions so it was a case of using them until you felt that you needed to head across country (emphasis on the first syllable) again.

Why go? Sometimes you’ve just got to see how bad something is for yourself.

martinhutch

Had to triangulate roughly off the profiles of Ingleborough and Whernside in your pic, then add in where is most likely to have large areas of blanket bog in that bit.

Yockenthwaite Moor..bet you won’t be back in a hurry though.

Quite fancy the path that starts at Cray and heads west, but the top of that moor has never, ever tempted me.

whitestone
    Free Member

Only problem with that path is that either end go through a farm, would be really awkward to get through.

Nope, having done it once – that’s enough! Wasn’t sure if the profile of Ingleborough was prominent enough. That section is the crux of the Yorkshireman race, given that a lot get there as it’s going dark I’m not surprised.

scc999

Got out in the Peak with friends again this weekend.

Started at Hope, up to Hope Cross, down  The Beast, up Hagg Farm, along then down Screaming Mile (not Lockerbrook which I’d been told was Screaming Mile for years!) then some road to go over Ladybower Dam and down to Thornhill, along to Aston then back up the side on Win Hill to go back down to the Roman Road before heading back to Hope.

Utterly enjoyable ride during which I learnt that:

A bottle cage bolt is a handy replacement for the bolt that holds my shifters to my Hope brakes.
    Screaing Mile is less fun than Lockerbrok Descent (but still fun).
    Cobbling together a route from badly rememebered sections using the map is more fun than following a route guide (but less efficient!).
    I really need to take the semi slick off the back and put a proper tyre on!
    The guys in 18 bikes are really helpful (found a couple of bolts for me and just asked for some change in the charity tins).
    And the Grasshopper cafe in Hope does GREAT coffee and a nice line in cakes (recommended by 18Bikes).

stevedoc
    Free Member

nope still cant link

roverpig

A bit damp and misty in Aberdeenshire. A definite feeling that autumn is starting to turn into winter, but it’s still just hanging on. Only had a couple of hours to spare so did a quick loop around Bennachie on the fat bike.

whitestone
    Free Member

nope still cant link

Still can’t link what?

Images? Put the image somewhere public like Flikr or Imgur then use the insert image tool at the RH end of the toolbar. You need the URI of the image itself not the page it’s on. It’s that simple.

slackboy

Built up a Bontrager Privateer so took it out for a first ride, followed by cake and brownie at the Drop Off Cate in Edenfield. Lovely riding bike on a gorgeous day.

milky1980
    Free Member

Went for a late evening spin round the FOD last night, wasn’t the only one out as usual.  How is it I can go there at any time of day or night at any time of year and never be the only biker out?  Went out at 2am back in the summer mid-week and even then I bumped into two people out doing the same and none of us were anywhere near the waymarked trails!  We’re all mad.

jekkyl

Cannock Chase last night, awesome. 👌

onehundredthidiot

Ok so I can’t make the photos work.

Yesterday a 20miler. Stood on an early middle ages rampart (catrail) explored several iron age forts, and appreciated a WW1 German PoW memorial.

View this post on Instagram

Not a bad ride #brewdogchaingang #steelyeyedclothing

A post shared by K David Mitchell (@onehundredthidiot) on

breadcrumb

Knocked a lap of the bash out this morning, just about perfect conditions.

bri-72

Abriachan above Loch Ness this morning.

Bregante

This morning was spent cheering on my youngest in his first parkrun. He blasted the first lap but imploded on the second and practically collapsed over the line! 😀

I managed a little local 20 miler along the transpennine trail and surrounding woods this afternoon on the aggregate bike.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”></span>

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Been out on the road bike around West Lancs both days.

Saturday

Today’s ride got a little bit spendy,I called in the LBS & bought a Roubaix!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Feeling a bit crap with a heavy cold ..but too nice a day not to go out ..kill or cure at Kielder a short ride taking in some of my favourite bits of all the trails ..

20181118_124616 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20181118_125141 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20181118_125244 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20181118_125525 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20181118_134444 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Wildlife ..a Lesser Spotted Hodgy 😁

20181118_140724 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20181118_140908 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Really glad I made the effort ..nice little ride and fantastic weather ..

With regard to kill or cure ..let’s see if I wake up in the morning 😁

dawson

40miles on my singlespeed in the damp mist around North Notts

The mist then cleared within 5 minutes of me getting home

colournoise

Glorious weather for a gentle bimble this morning.

postierich
    Free Member

With Kendal Mountain festival being on this weekend would have been rude not to go up a big hill

https://www.relive.cc/view/1972452032

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QSSgv3]46450906_2227485407529034_8576714356245397504_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

lowey

Recovering from a stay in hospital, these threads keep me sane. Cant wait to get back in the saddle.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Get well soon Lowey ..

dove1

A nice little ride up to Crook Peak in The Mendips yesterday.

6-F3-D5-B1-D-DD33-4058-83-F7-72-F37-EC8-DC1-B

301-CE1-A7-3547-493-C-847-E-C5-E55-A20-DED5

D3-BFB55-F-7060-4-E7-C-BC7-D-888-EC0-E399-EB

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides 16 11 to 18 11. Pics and stuff.’ is closed to new replies.