Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 210 total)
  • Vegetarianist nonsense
  • piemonster

You could see that as a sign of efficiency, rather than the other way round. Grass gets processed to remove sugar which builds muscle mass for us to eat and the rest is returned to the ground to make more grass

Cows eat a lot more than grass.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

red herring?

Lightly grilled?

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Vegans eat bees? No wonder there’s a bee shortage. The bastards!

andytherocketeer

They can eat bee sick if they want.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned bees and vegans yet or would that be a red herring?

do go on…

piemonster

Here we go

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Here we go

where?
    i won’t be arguing. i just want to see what he was alluding to.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I always thought it was honey, made by bees, therefore a no go area for Vegans.

Solo
    Free Member

I thought I was going to discover, by the wisdom of STW that bees were eating Vegans.

Anyway, what did Einstein say about bees ?

McHamish
    Free Member

I didn’t know that honey was bee vomit, I thought it was just part of their house.

Although I guess I should have wondered what they were doing with all the nectar they collected, I hadn’t really thought about it.

If you give bees alcohol do they produce more honey?

dazh

Being serious about bees for a sec (which I recognise probably isn’t in the spirit of this thread), I have some vegan friends who won’t eat honey (or bees for that matter) and some who do. Personally I do, because I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that bees suffer from bee-keeping. I’ve generally found that vegans come in two forms: very strict types who carry around a copy of the animal free shopper book wherever they go, and people like me who do what they can and don’t torture themselves about any accidental or minor infringements. The honey issue tends to be a good barometer of which camp a vegan is in.

Solo
    Free Member

the structure is made of wax, chizelled from bee ears. then they spit honey into it.

Yum !

andytherocketeer

I’m sure there must also be a tiny minority of vegans that can’t eat food pollinated by bees either, since that is much like farming and (ab)using bees. Maybe in America.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Honey is bee vomit???

😯

samuri
    Free Member

However, if there’s one thing I still can’t stand, it’s when the ill-informed idiots question the wisdom of bringing our kids up vegan.

Vegans can’t have children. Only one of those sperms will achieve its purpose, the rest will starve and die….or be eaten, so by voluntarily attempting to fertilise eggs, you’re murdering things.

votchy
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered to read all the thread but has anyone suggested that if we don’t eat meat then we will all start smelling awful, as all vegans/vegetablists do*

*well those that I know have personal hygiene issues (BO)

Lifer
    Free Member

rusty90 – Member
    You could see that as a sign of efficiency, rather than the other way round

😆

You could, if you didn’t know what efficient meant.

loum
    Free Member

nick1962
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member

Has anyone mentioned bees and vegans yet or would that be a red herring?

do go on…
    Sorry was out for lunch. It was in a similar thread on here awhile back,you know how STW likes to repeat everything ad nauseam no pun intended with the bee vomit.
    I think the gist was that vegans wouldn’t eat honey as it is an animal product and then some wag asked whether crops fertilised by bees should be treated the same as bees were exploited to produce them.It was messy but graham probably cleared it up.

rusty90
    Free Member

Cows eat a lot more than grass.

Depends where you are. Round here cattle eat grass in the summer, silage in the winter. Sometimes supplemented with some beet or kale.

aracer
    Free Member

Have we established yet whether vegans eat red herrings?

Cheezpleez

Bacon is a carcinogen – linky.

If everyone stopped eating it, hundreds of animals’ lives would be saved

😉

rusty90
    Free Member

You could, if you didn’t know what efficient meant.

I think I’ve got a pretty good idea of what efficiency means in an agricultural context, e.g. output versus input, and on marginal land sheep farming is about as efficient as it gets. Unless someone comes up with a way to make spruce edible.

rusty90
    Free Member

Interesting. BLT with Spruce Mayonnaise sounds good (no mayo for me please) 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

rusty90 – Member
    Unless someone comes up with a way to make spruce edible.

That made me laugh outloud, which is unfortunate as I was eating at the time, quornburger down the nostrils – not pretty!

Also, big field opposite my house is full of sheep and they are eating beet and hay, must be soft southern sheep up here on their hols?

rusty90
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a bit of supplemental beet during bad weather at lambing time. And hay is made of grass you know.
    Fortunately raining here at the moment, so the grass might actually start growing again and I can stop having to lug hay bales around every day.

mt
    Free Member

I thought everyone knew that lamb is suitable for vegetarians. Sheep eat grass you eat them. It’s just food processed into tasty grass (a mobile food factory). This same rule also applies to rabbits. That’s my thinking and I have been a vegetarian for years. 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

It’s often claimed that vegetarians are preachy and holier than thou. All I’m seeing here is defensive meat eaters. I’ve never understood why carnivores are so keen to tell veggies why they’re wrong/ misguided/ hypocritical etc.

(I eat meat, btw).

Solo
    Free Member

Bit of a clumsy Troll Rantsos.

2/10

Must try harder.
    😉

CountZero

Where would I get my leather saddle from you insensitive count

Who are you calling an insensitive count! 😉

andytherocketeer

Works both ways.

We wind up one veggie in our group with bacon sarnies, because we know he used to love them before he made his choice, and loves the fake bacon stuff.

He publicly winds up the meat eaters in the group, even bragging about the smugness. Especially with the horsemeat nonsense at the moment.

I say eat what you like. Veggie, proper meat, mechanically reclaimed “meat” from random sources. Just don’t try to sell your point of view or persuade people to change (unless you’re a doctor and it’s for medical reasons).

kayak23

rusty90 – Member

Interesting. BLT with Spruce Mayonnaise sounds good (no mayo for me please)

Is that Bee, lettuce and tomato? So cruel!

I don’t eat meat but freely admit to not being morally perfect… Get over it meat eaters.. 😀

mt
    Free Member

Why when you go to a barbecue do all the bloody meat eater decided to try the vegeburgers or whatever so there is always none left for the vegetarians (having mostly brought it along themselves). They then have the cheek to start telling the veggies that they just be eating meat. No wonder they all look thin in the summer.

zilog6128

Why when you go to a barbecue do all the bloody meat eater decided to try the vegeburgers or whatever so there is always none left for the vegetarians (having mostly brought it along themselves).

I sometimes have a vegeburger along with my steak burger and bacon… I call it an ultraburger. But if I’m having one of those I always bring my own vegeburgers too so as not to deprive you picky lot. Just as long as you don’t expect me to use separate tongs, etc. That I really can’t stand. 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

… and why do vegetarians moan at the choice of food at a hog roast?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

If you can eat it and it tastes good and doesn’t make you ill then why would you not eat it?

Solo
    Free Member

I sense some are trying to goad this thread into a bit of a flame-off.

But all I’m reading is that both parties are generally saying “live and let live”. “You eat meat, I do not. Everyone to their own”, or vice a versa.

I’m totally indifferent on the subject. If you is a veggie, fair enough, its no issue here. If you eat meet, no issue there either.
    🙂

piemonster

Hmmmm ultraburger

McHamish
    Free Member

bit of a flame-off.

mmm…flame grilled.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Vegetarianist nonsense’ is closed to new replies.