Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Upsetting delicate Roadie aesthetics
  • cookeaa

I saw the oddest MAMIL on my commute last Thursday; Look carbon ego-chariot, POC specs, fancy lid, castelli top I think, with his arse was hanging out of a JD sports special pair of addidas footy shorts… Seat was set too low as well.

I’m guessing he was just another loadsamoney, shame-filled MTBerists playing at road bikes… Same as me (without the money).

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s tragic/hilarious that this tribalism still exists.

JoB and kcr hit the nail on the head.

FB-ATB

Never mind Tom’s socks, he’s wearing pyjamas!!

Looks like his bike’s in its Jim jams too.

Sandwich

Rubbish, I love riding on the road. In fact I love riding on any surface, I just like riding bikes.

This needs more publicity because it’s true.

Poopscoop

null

Why did you fit the pedal to the font mech though?!

funkmasterp

I use flats on all types of bike. Just don’t get along with clipless, always strains my left knee. This means being able to reposition my foot helps. Never caught a pedal whilst cornering as always make sure it’s out of the way.

Wear what you want it’s only bike riding. Endura shorts and Alpkit short sleeved shirt for me most of the time. Seem to have accumulated a few helmets over the years so at least have some choice con that front.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Seem to have accumulated a few helmets over the years

none of which are more than 4 years old I hope ? 😬

oreetmon
    Free Member

I’m a limbo rider, My gravel bike is my road/Xc bike.

Flats are cheaper/less faff compared to fancy shoes, cleats and unclipping when things get rough.

My ‘enduro’ helmet visor moves out the way when im in the drops and helps block rain and a low sun when I flip it down again, roadie helmets don’t offer as much protection, I’m not wearing a silly little peaked cap and I don’t have over priced glasses to worry about.

Hummvee jerseys and shorts over Lycra, At 16.5st Im past the need for aero benefits.

I always say a big cheery hello to roadies and sometimes get one back.

rOcKeTdOg

Went out yesterday for my coronaride in full Yorkshire PPE, woollen tank top, flat cap and neckerchief. Pie and bottle of beer in the Carradice, naturally.

Bloody gravel bike hipsters!

rOcKeTdOg

Screenshot_20200327-083526

boombang
    Free Member

The cable end appears to have been carefully shaped to impact maximum damage to calf. That’s the only upsetting thing in this photo.

dudeofdoom

TBH I ride my Venge with zipps and flat pedals as it’s way more convenient for a commute 🙂

Don’t like deep wheels on a windy day thou But on a sunny day the noise they make is great.

Lycra’s good as you don’t want flappy flap but 510s are a little chunky. dunno why people get hung up about Lycra tbh.

dudeofdoom

I suppose it’s the same argument as speedos versus swimming shorts 🙂

tjagain

This thread needs a photo of Binners in full lycra so we can make our minds up.

At my work we were told that if we wanted to nip out to the shops or off site at all in our breaks we had to change completely out of uniform including trousers and put our civvies back on. I said to my boss – “do you really want to see me in lycra wandering around?” I was threatened ( jokingly) with disciplinary action under sexual harassment if I did

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

baggies to ruin the silence, and flap about slowing you down

What kind of baggies are you wearing!? I don’t often wear short when riding these days, but the ones I have are pretty slim fitting.

As for slowing people down. Ok Wiggins. That 0.2mph must make all the difference. 😆

mogrim

If you corner while pedaling or inside foot down.

I certainly corner while pedalling, how else do you keep your speed up?

maccruiskeen

Never mind Tom’s socks, he’s wearing pyjamas!! Dunt he know that was an old thread, weeks, ago?

If only we’d known how prophetic that thread was to be.

jamesoz

Same as I do on an MTB? Depends on the lean angle. Due to the magic of the freehub, pausing pedalling when leant over doesn’t stop me dead.

slowoldman

Don’t you mean pedal whilst cornering? The other way round would mean you are constantly going in circles.

philjunior
    Free Member

Same as I do on an MTB? Depends on the lean angle. Due to the magic of the freehub, pausing pedalling when leant over doesn’t stop me dead.

Now it’s full STW house, somebody flatly refusing to accept that anything about a point is valid through full on straw-manning. 🙂

funkmasterp

none of which are more than 4 years old I hope ? 😬

All bar one of them are. Not buying a new one every four years put it that way.if I crash I replace, only happened once though.

ransos
    Free Member

In general, I find roadies to be far less bothered about bikes and kit than mtbers. They’d rather be riding than standing in a trail centre car park, obsessing about suspension set-up before a short ride and long drive home.

timbog160

I’m not a roadie and don’t own a road bike, but on the odd occasion I’m on the road up to Buckstones I wave like a madman at anyone and everyone. As a general rule it doesn’t matter who they are, they are usually friendly enough!

therevokid
    Free Member

Spd’s, 3/4 humvee’s, camelbak, peaked lid and a Mason definition.
    Gets more than a few double takes … i do chuckle 😁😃

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Upsetting delicate Roadie aesthetics’ is closed to new replies.