Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 311 total)
  • UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If someone uses a racial insult in anger, then they are racist.

Really ? I’ve used racial insults in anger. And on the basis that I don’t consider myself a racist I can’t agree with you. I’ve even got some black friends !

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’ve even got some black friends !

Oh cmon Ernie “I’m not a racist I’ve got black friends…” Lynch…..really?

Or was that a troll?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well you work it out. Remember, I’m also opposed to the EU and its policy of unrestricted immigration. I think the case against me is starting to stack up. What do you reckon ?

ninfan
    Free Member

I think the case against me is starting to stack up

God help you if anyone reads your Motorcycle Diaries!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

From the Grauniad…

ComRes poll shows Ukip at 38% for European election, 11 points ahead of Labour

A new poll suggests Ukip are soaring ahead in the European elections. These are the figures from a ComRes poll for ITN released today, showing the voting intention of those who say they are certain to vote.

Ukip: 38% (up 8 points from ComRes in early April)

Labour: 27% (down 3)

Conservatives: 18% (down 4)

Lib Dems: 8% (no change)

I still believe it’s the biggest protest vote ever.

mogrim

I’m also opposed to the EU and its policy of unrestricted immigration

The EU doesn’t have a policy of unrestricted immigration: the number of people dying trying to cross the frontier into Spain and Italy should make that clear.

nick1962
    Free Member

Oh I’m sorry grum did I upset your middle-class sensibilities by pointing the common hypocrisy of middle-class people who claim not to be racist ?

ernie I usually agree with a lot of what you say but not sure where you are going with this middle class/working class racist, not racist,closet racist,racist but they don’t know it etc.

Classist nonsense surely?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I still believe it’s the biggest protest vote ever.

Unless today is the 23rd of May I don’t believe that’s true.

The opinion poll you’re referring to includes only those certain to vote, which boosts UKIP support as their voters tend to be more enthusiastic than others. If those who are likely to vote are included it cuts UKIP lead.

There’s little doubt that UKIP will do well on the 22sd but I would wait til then before describing it as the biggest protest vote ever. Or perhaps you think we shouldn’t actually bother with voting ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie I usually agree with a lot of what you say but not sure where you are going with …..

I’ve explained exactly what I mean, if you prefer the simplistic “if they sound racist then they must be” attitude, then I would go for that. There’s no need to agree with me on everything 🙂

Although even Tom eventually conceded that if someone says they’re racist then they are probably racist, which was the point that I was making, ie, it isn’t definitive.

nick1962
    Free Member

At least you know what you’re going to get if UKIP do well in the Euro elections.UKIP MEPs who take the substantial pay from an organistaion they don’t think should exist,don’t bother to turn up to debate or vote and like to keep their noses buried deep in the Euro expenses trough.So much for a party so vocifeorus in it’s criticism of the Westminster establishment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think UKIP’s hypocrisy is well documented. Unfortunately a significant minority of the electorate choose to ignore it.

And to be fair the hypocrisy of other political parties has been ignored/tolerated. So no change there.

wwaswas

This is great, you can buy ‘Gary’ the bloke who gesticulated behind Farage yesterday a pint;

http://www.thebellinnbath.co.uk/vinyl-dj-sets/2-uncategorised/46-buy-gary-a-pint

derekfish
    Free Member

Left wing scum causing trouble in Swansea noted..

wwaswas

One of their main donors thinks homosexuals are incapable of love and that married women cannot be raped by their husband.

Nice

derekfish
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    One of their main donors thinks homosexuals are incapable of love and that married women cannot be raped by their husband.

Nice

I’m sure he does, just as Gordon Brown thought that woman a bigot, it’s only that idiot Michael Crick who hates UKIP with a vengeance on his usual mission.

You mean to tell me you wouldn’t have to look to hard to find nutters like that in every party, it’s called being human, only the politically correct left try to alter that.

And here’s a thing the more Channel 4 air views like this poor old boy the donor, the more similar types that still hold those views, that daren’t speak them in todays society for exactly this reason, will vote UKIP.

OMG they’ve got that grinning gibbon Hamilton, coming on later, they must be in real panic.. 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Except ukip have more nutters….I bet its statistically significant as well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just as Gordon Brown thought that woman a bigot

That’s fantastic !…….what is the connection between some plonker claiming that gay people can’t love and that men can’t rape their wives, and Gordon Brown claiming that a woman was a bigot ? 😆

You mean to tell me you wouldn’t have to look to hard to find nutters like that in every party, it’s called being human, only the politically correct left try to alter that.

You seem to have forgotten that it was the leader of the Conservative Party, not noted for being part of politically correct left, who famously denounced UKIP as a bunch of fruitcakes, loonies, and closet racists.

derekfish
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Except ukip have more nutters….I bet its statistically significant as well.

38% more.. and they’ve all got a vote, getting worried are we? 😆

derekfish
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    just as Gordon Brown thought that woman a bigot
    That’s fantastic !…….what is the connection between some plonker claiming that gay people can’t love and that men can’t rape their wives, and Gordon Brown claiming that a woman was a bigot ?

Journalistic entrapment?

chewkw
    Free Member

I wonder if individuals are able to express their own views anymore good or bad?

I am sure there are nutters in all the parties.

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Journalistic entrapment?

Er no, your memory is poor. Gordon Brown made the infamous remark to a member of his team. IIRC a mike was left on.

Besides, you completely fail to explain why claiming that in his opinion the woman was a bigot is anywhere as comparable as someone claiming that gay people can’t love and that men can’t rape their wives.

MSP

I wonder if individuals are able to express their own views anymore good or bad?

Well of course they are, its that freedom to keep publicly expressing their views that gets them into so much trouble.

derekfish
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

This.

They’re not trolling around looking for nutters in the other parties, the lefty knives are out for UKIP..

Naive not to think that mic wasn’t deliberately left on Brown.. The knives were out for him at the time.

Only in UKIPs case people are fed up having to mind their p’s and q’s for fear of whatever, political correctness, causing folk to be called racist if they question immigration, homophobes if they criticise gays, on top of all the other crap, it’s no wonder you’re going to get an Earthquake of protest, and from all sections of the community, lots of other cultures don’t much like being told what they can say and do either. I notice nobodies interviewing Muslims on their position re Gay Marriage for instance…

chewkw
    Free Member

MSP – Member

Well of course they are, its that freedom to keep publicly expressing their views that gets them into so much trouble.

Ya, but how do their views get public in the first place if the media do not stick their noses into others business?

We know that there are zombie maggots everywhere but when the media broadcast their views as to generalise to the masses to justify their own ends, no wonder we are zombie maggots in the making.

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They’re not trolling around looking for nutters in the other parties, the lefty knives are out for UKIP..

Naive not to think that mic wasn’t deliberately left on Brown.. The knives were out for him at the time.

Gosh. It was lefties who forced David Cameron to publicly denounced UKIP as a bunch of fruitcakes and loonies, and it was lefties who were out to get Gordon Brown.

That’s quite some conspiracy theory you’ve got there derekfish.

Is it also lefties who are also forcing Tory newspapers such as the Times and the Daily Telegraph to run “smear stories” against UKIP ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

causing folk to be called racist if they question immigration

Who does this? (I mean in reality now, rather than your likely answer of “…bloody lefties everywhere…”)

homophobes if they criticise gays

Criticise gays for what? Being gay? Or wearing the wrong colour shoes with that suit?

What was wrong with what he said anyway? (Other than it being a bit inappropriate for the PM to call someone a “bigot”, he was correct. She was (and I presume, still is) a bigot.

derekfish
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Who does this? (What you need a list, look up there how many times has the word racist appeared in this thread?..”)

homophobes if they criticise gays
    Criticise gays for what? Being gay? Or shagging in the nice clean sheets of your Christian B&B, then suing you for complaining..

She was (and I presume, still is) a bigot. So how would you feel if your mum got called a bigot on National TV by the prime minister, lots of people are bigots according to the left. They don’t think they are, they are just simple, or badly educated, or dare I even say it thick? Which as we have proved earlier on here is a crime which prevents you qualifying for a vote according to the super intelligencia lefties..

Northwind

derekfish – Member

or dare I even say it thick? Which as we have proved earlier on here is a crime which prevents you qualifying for a vote

You claimed that earlier, I asked you when anyone had said that, you ignored it. Asking again.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Only in UKIPs case people are fed up having to mind their p’s and q’s for fear of whatever, political correctness, causing folk to be called racist if they question immigration, homophobes if they criticise gays, on top of all the other crap, i

I don’t really give a shit about or feel obliged to defend the rights of and treat well, those who want to limit the freedom of other people such as homosexuals. You don’t believe in freedom of any sort, what you prioritise is your prejudices and the only political concept you care for is mob rule. The only time you care about freedom is when it’s your freedom to trample on the individual freedoms of others.

National TV by the prime minister, lots of people are bigots according to the left. They don’t think they are, they are just simple, or badly educated, or dare I even say it thick?

Being thick and being bigoted is effectively the same thing seeing as they are so closely linked.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What you need a list, look up there how many times has the word racist appeared in this thread?

Please, if you must. Or can you not back up your assertion?

Or shagging in the nice clean sheets of your Christian B&B, then suing you for complaining..

You’ve just made this up. I’d reckon on this not being the first thing you’ve made up on the thread.

So how would you feel if your mum got called a bigot on National TV by the prime minister

Did you miss the bit where I said it was inappropriate? If my mum had said that to the Taoiseach, I’d tell her not to be such a bigoted woman. In fact, she says stuff like it all the time. Funnily enough, she reads the Irish Daily Mail. Lord knows, I love her dearly, but she is an old bigot at times, as are many of her generation. But she’s old now and she’s never going to change. It’s funny really, because it was down to her that I’m such a leftie really.

Which as we have proved earlier on here is a crime which prevents you qualifying for a vote according to the super intelligencia leftys..

Look, I’m all up for sensible discussion, but if you’re going to keep making stuff up like this, we’re never going to get anywhere.

derekfish
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    derekfish – Member
    or dare I even say it thick? Which as we have proved earlier on here is a crime which prevents you qualifying for a vote

You claimed that earlier, I asked you when anyone had said that, you ignored it. Asking again.

It’s all over the thread, being right wing means your thick, ergo we’d rather you didn’t vote because your wrong, er because you’re thick. You’re thick because you disagree with us, we’re intelligent you’re not.

So if you don’t want to appear thick, vote for us.. Standard leftie dogma.

Somebody back there called me thick or stupid or whatever even though i’ve explained my reasoning, but there is no reasoning with leftish dogma, never has been, they’re beyond help, ask Michael Foot.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

being right wing means your thick

Well, studies have shown it. Nothing we can do about that, except as a leftie, I’d ensure you were never left behind at school, and that you’d get a medal whatever your performance.

we’d rather you didn’t vote because your wrong

Well, that’d be NW and me asking you now. Where has someone said you shouldn’t be able to vote because you’re not intelligent? (apart from any piss-taking on the thread obvs)

MSP

So how would you feel if your mum got called a bigot on National TV by the prime minister

I would be rather embarrassed by her bigoted comments.

How would you feel about your mum having a bigoted rant at the prime minister on TV?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Standard leftie dogma.

I’ve heard lots of dogma over the years, from either side of the argument, but I’ve never heard this. Which is unusual, given that you say it’s “standard”. Are you making stuff up again?

miketually
    Free Member

derekfish: I notice nobodies interviewing Muslims on their position re Gay Marriage for instance…

I read things like this, and then I have a look…

I found this article in New Statesman magazine, written by a muslim, where he writes about his views on homosexuality.

In that column, he mentions an article from in the Guardian. I found it: Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll.

So, a ‘lefty’ newspaper ran a fairly clearly headlined article on Muslim views on homosexuality.

I then searched the Guardian website for “gay muslim”, which found a huge list of articles including “Derby Muslim denies gay hate crime charge“. A search for his name finds the articles about his trial and imprisonment.

So it turns out there’s quite a lot in the mainstream media about Muslims and their position on gay marriage.

derekfish
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Standard leftie dogma.
    I’ve heard lots of dogma over the years, from either side of the argument, but I’ve never heard this. Which is unusual, given that you say it’s “standard”. Are you making stuff up again?

No, maybe you haven’t been around as long as me, or engaged in me too marketing or spin..

Don’t do this because you’ll appear to be that..

Lefties like nothing more than to reach for the intellectual high ground, they’re very good at it, they’re also very good at denigrating the right as thick, as you can see quite plainly above.

It’s a marketing, spin technique, like the Jedi Mind trick, only a very few of us can resist it. 😉

derekfish
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    derekfish: I notice nobodies interviewing Muslims on their position re Gay Marriage for instance…
    I read things like this, and then I have a look…

I found this article in New Statesman magazine, written by a muslim, where he writes about his views on homosexuality.

In that column, he mentions an article from in the Guardian. I found it: Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll.

So, a ‘lefty’ newspaper ran a fairly clearly headlined article on Muslim views on homosexuality.

I then searched the Guardian website for “gay muslim”, which found a huge list of articles including “Derby Muslim denies gay hate crime charge”. A search for his name finds the articles about his trial and imprisonment.

So it turns out there’s quite a lot in the mainstream media about Muslims and their position on gay marriage.
    So which political party were they linked to then?

Oh, politics not mentioned? I wonder what would have happened if they’d got the purple sign outside the mosque.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

you are, just don’t be surprised when you get called out for being an idiot.

miketually
    Free Member

So which political party were they linked to then?
    Oh, politics not mentioned? I wonder what would have happened if they’d got the purple sign outside the mosque.

The main prominent Muslim politician I know off the top of my head is Baroness Warsi. Her views on gay marriage are reported in this article which also mentions remarks she made on the subject as a Conservative candidate in the 2005 general election.

Edit: articles from 2005 and 2007

Edit2: And here‘s a list of Labour and Lib Dem MPs who voted against gay marriage, published on a major news magazine’s website. I’m sure a bit of Googling would find some Muslim politicians having their views on gay marriage reported.

Northwind

derekfish – Member

It’s all over the thread, being right wing means your thick, ergo we’d rather you didn’t vote because your wrong, er because you’re thick.

That’s not remotely what you claimed. You know, when you have to resort to making things up, your argument’s probably not that good.

I’d rather uninformed people didn’t vote tbh- no representation without information- I think if you’re going to cast a vote you have a responsibility to know what you’re voting for, this stuff’s important. But that’s a million miles from preventing people from voting, as you claimed.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.’ is closed to new replies.