Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 311 total)
  • UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.
  • kimbers

yeah charity and human rights workers derek, scum of the earth eh?!

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve met Neil Hamilton, he was super awkward and weird

matt_outandabout

Stolen from Facebook – it is just too much fun to not share. 😉 ‘Mr Farage’, as you have not seen him before…

AdamW
    Free Member

That picture reminds me of the orcs in the Lord of the Rings films, or Gollum.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks for the interactive which-party-vote-for-eu-elections kimbers, I found it really interesting. My result was as follow :

Green 31.7, Labour 13.8, Libdem 0.4 (all weak matches) and Tory -6.7, Ukip -8.0 (both negative matches). There were no high matches.

Because I’m so anti-EU I’m surprised that my score for Ukip wasn’t higher than my score for the Tories.

So one thing’s for sure – I’m definitely not a Ukip supporter, despite my strong opposition to the EU and unrestricted immigration from Europe, which comes as a huge relief. And it turns out that I’m right to vote Green after all 🙂

kimbers

Id quite like to vote green, but Its their stance on science that puts me off

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I haven’t a clue what their stance on science is. They get my backing for their social and economic policies.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well I can honestly say

In all of twenty or so minutes between kimbers posting them and you reading through them, you managed to work out that they’re eight of the most useless examples of the human race. That’s a lot of information to get through and work out in twenty odd minutes. So, you’re not honestly saying anything other than what you’d decided to say before you even looked at the candidate list. In fact, I’d go so far as to say you’re bullshitting and didn’t read anything about them at all, let alone compare them to every one else on earth and work out that they were indeed the most useless examples.

So, nothing honest really.

Yep, UKIP is definitely the party for the likes of you.

muddy@rseguy

Define Irony:

I’d define it as the idea of an a political party that is utterly against membership of the EU and the European Parliament wanting to be elected to the same EU parliament…. 😯

joshvegas
    Free Member

So they can attack it from within when they think no one is looking.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’ not that unusual, as an example the SNP will stand candidates in the Westminster elections.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But standing in and voting for elections implies an acceptance of the legitimacy of the status quo. As I don’t accept the legitmacy of the EU or the UK’s membership of it, I won’t participate in it.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Nigel Farage and UKIP are the modern version of Roderick Spode and his party the Black Shorts

The latters idea of giving every child at birth a British made bicycle and umbrella could become UKIP’s first policy

Also found it interesting that the term “wunderkind” was mentioned by a pro UKIP poster, they really won’t last a thousand years and not keen on VW beetles either

derekfish
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

I don’t know what you saw, but I saw lawyers and union reps with the odd charity worker who if you think about it can’t be that dedicated to care work or wouldn’t be standing as a politician to climb on the gravy train.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I don’t see a lot of that.

Deputy Leader of the European Parliamentary Labour Party

“Professional” politician

Member of the European Parliament Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Committee and the Culture and Education Committee.

The sort of committees that are just pissing most people off.

senior manager for the National Union of Teachers.

A well paid Union rep.

I could go on but can’t be bothered.

Another useless layer of government and bureaucracy.

This is what gives strength to the loonies at UKIP.

grum
    Free Member

I don’t know what you saw, but I saw lawyers and union reps with the odd charity worker who if you think about it can’t be that dedicated to care work or wouldn’t be standing as a politician to climb on the gravy train.

Whereas the UKIP candidate are former lawyers and a former BT salesman.

The sort of committees that are just pissing most people off.

Imagine wanting gender equality and women’s rights – I can see why that would just piss most people off.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So I do not really get the point why nobody points out any of this and could anybody explain the UKIPs point of view?

My pleasure:

derekfish
    Free Member

The more the politically motivated howl ‘loonie’ when some of the things they say hits a chord with just about everyone, the more the groundswell of ‘ordinary none political folk’ will build, it’s not the answer.

The answer would be a sensible opposition offering a different approach to politics, one that didn’t involve lies, deceipt, fiddled expenses, made for TV suited smart boys, & support for big capitol & the city, then maybe institute state control of essential services and less taxation at every level.

kimbers

just about everyone,

so popular with everyone that UKIP have 0 MPs

one that didn’t involve lies, deceipt, fiddled expenses, made for TV suited smart boys & support for big capitol & the city

youve just described former city trader nigel fardige to a tee

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“youve just described former city trader nigel fardige to a tee “

lol

atlaz
    Free Member

Then comes the guy that says we are going to take all our powers back when, if you look to the example of Norway and Switzerland, to be part of the trade area they have to implement half the laws from the EU anyway and Norway contributes a lot of money to the EU budget.

The Swiss are in the process of removing the open borders part which will mean they’re going to lose the free trade part and probably screw themselves quite badly. But at least those dirty foreigners won’t be able to live alongside Heidi and Grandpapa eh?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One of UKIP’s candidates for the SW:

WILLIAM DARTMOUTH (UKIP) Born 1949. Educated at Eton and Oxford University. MEP for South West England since 2009. As the Earl of Dartmouth was a Conservative member of the House of Lords until the exclusion of hereditary peers. Defected to UKIP in 2007.

That’s what I love about UKIP. They’re so anti-establishment. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’ve gotta love UKIP, despite what you think about them and thier policies they are the best thing thats happened to Politics in this country since, well Thatcher.
    What ever you think they will certainly shake up the current crop of ashhatz. 😆
    The next few years are going to be exciting IMO 😯

ahwiles
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

so popular with everyone that UKIP have 0 MPs

that’s just a result of our electoral system.

roughly 1% of people vote green at general elections, which should translate to roughly 6 MP’s, how many have we got? 1.

public support and electoral success are only loosely connected.

Lifer
    Free Member

For every instance of reporting on the racist and homophobic views of it’s candidates/councillors there should be 3 reports on their proposed policies. They’d be dead in the water in a week.

binners

That’s what I love about UKIP. They’re so anti-establishment

Indeed Bravissimo. Basically, they’re people who left the Tory party as they weren’t Tory enough! So… its safe to assume… foaming-at-the-mouth right-wing nut-jobs! And now they’re somehow being portrayed as being men of the people, and anti-politics.

Yeah, right. If you’re daft enough to fall for that, then you should have your democratic right removed for your own benefit, and the good of society as a whole

I read an interview with Farage at the weekend. He said the battle for the southern tory voters was already won, and now they’d concentrate on picking up the votes of disaffected labour voters in the north

Good luck with that Nige. They tried it last year at the Wythenshawe by-election. The result was labour increasing their already substantial majority, while the triflingly small Tory vote all voting UKIP instead.

zokes
    Free Member

derekfish – Member – Block User

zippykona – Member
    On here I like to think we are a fair cross section of left wing society.

ftfy[/quote]

No no, zippykona was correct as you appear to the the token right-wing troll who was born lacking the ability to think beyond three word slogans

miketually
    Free Member

For every instance of reporting on the racist and homophobic views of it’s candidates/councillors there should be 3 reports on their proposed policies. They’d be dead in the water in a week.

They don’t have any policies; Farage burned their 2010 policies.

Northwind

binners – Member

I read an interview with Farage at the weekend. He said the battle for the southern tory voters was already won, and now they’d concentrate on picking up the votes of disaffected labour voters in the north

He has his moments. In Scotland, UKIP rose from 5% to 7% in the polls in January. Farage declared that showed “Dissaffection with the 2 main parties”. What actually happened was the Tories in 3rd place slumped by 3%, UKIP failed to pick up all of those votes, but the 2 main parties that we’re apparently disaffected with rose in popularity, the SNP massively.

You wonder whether he’s lying, deluded, or illinformed. Definitely one of the three. Which is worst? Not too bothered tbh.

konabunny
    Free Member

Also found it interesting that the term “wunderkind” was mentioned by a pro UKIP poster, they really won’t last a thousand years and not keen on VW beetles either

I think your association of anything German with fascism betrays your deep-rooted racism. You should be ashamed. I may beat you across the head with a rolled-up manifesto.

binners

I have to say that UKIP are a good thing in the respect that less people will now vote Tory. And as they’ve no real chance of getting into power (at a general election), it’ll just split the Tory vote in marginal seats. Less chance of them getting a majority. So thats a win/win really

No wonder Dave is doing his frankly weird God/anti-immigration/EU referendum dance though. Imagine being Dave. Faced not only with the realisation that you’re haemorrhaging votes from your natural constituency, but the true realisation of what a truly odd, nasty bunch of racist, homophobic bigots your core support really is. And now you’re going to have to pander to them shamelessly to stand any chance of winning an election.

I think he’d actually managed to convince himself before the last election, with all that metropolitan, husky/hoody-hugging ‘detoxifying the tory brand’ crap he spouted, that the rump of the Tory Party weren’t as small-minded, vile and thoroughly unpleasant as they actually are. No illusions any more though, eh Dave?

Northwind

binners – Member

I think he’d actually managed to convince himself before the last election, with all that metropolitan, husky/hoody-hugging ‘detoxifying the tory brand’ crap he spouted, that the rump of the Tory Party weren’t as small-minded, vile and thoroughly unpleasant as they actually are.

Irony is, now he’s selling his arse to try and keep hold of part of his party- probably the aging, divisive part, fair to say?- when in reality he’s probably closer to the blairite **** in the labour party. I suppose if that detoxifying thing had actually worked, he could have gone centre-right, labour would have lost their new-labour tories-in-red-ties bellends to the actual tories, and we could have a proper labour party again to boot. Sounds good to me. Instead Labour are ever more committed to be tories, the liberals turned out to be tories too, UKIP spend their entire time trying to get into the centre… The only people that don’t want to be centre-right tories are the bloomin centre-right tories.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I think your association of anything German with fascism betrays your deep-rooted racism. You should be ashamed. I may beat you across the head with a rolled-up manifesto

My apologies for comparing a repugnant megalomaniac xenophobe with a minority party of thugs/loonies who blames all the nations ills on other european countries and immigrants to Hitler

derekfish
    Free Member

Anyone vaguely right wing on this forum is automatically racist/troll/fascist and as it happens my politics are actually not that right wing, if anything they’re slightly left of centre, as I said in the last Clegg v Farage debate, this scenario has come about because of the failings of the other parties, in my case the SDP being absorbed by the liberals and then them adopting a Godless philanderer who happens to look good on the telly, or the Labour lot who are lead by a spineless back stabbing idiot in thrall to Unite and the other choice, Tories? lead by an expense claiming (has everyone forgotten the Wysteria incident) posh boy who’s grasp on reality was probably never there to begin with.

But in this instance and in this place if Nigel’s loopy crew makes the lefty big hitter bully boys unhappy then that has its own rewards for me.. 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

derekfish – Member

Anyone vaguely right wing on this forum is automatically racist/troll/fascist
    no, just you seem to be the only one posting on this thread. There are several regulars (or ‘big hitters’ if you insist) that argue for rigt wing agendas in a civilised fashion with the jy’s, ernies and binners’ on here and are not accused of racism/facism or trolling.

binners – Member

I have to say that UKIP are a good thing in the respect that less people will now vote Tory. And as they’ve no real chance of getting into power (at a general election), it’ll just split the Tory vote in marginal seats. Less chance of them getting a majority. So thats a win/win really

I fear binners is wrong about splitting the tory vote: I reckon that Farrage is actually working under deep cover for all three main parties, to make their own ‘three cheeks of the same arse’ policies look more serious and credible, by the next most popular alternative being so unpalatable. 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Many people mistake UKIP as a British thing. It’s not. Extreme right wing parties are on the up all over Europe – the National Front are doing well in France for e.g.

We know from 1930s that extreme right wing views are magnified in times of economic hardship. That time, of course, it went way too far.

This time however, I think it’s just the cries of people who find the world a tough and scary place and would like to be back in the comfort of their mothers’ wombs rather than understand that change is an inevitable part of human existence.

These parties just tap into people’s grievances – they’ve no intention of actually being in power or showing any actual leadership.

As the economic outlook improves I suggest that whilst a hardcore might remain, any mass popular support will drift away.

The only problem really is that a lot of the unhappiness they’re tapping into is legitimate as our living standards fall away and the main parties fail to offer us any proper leadership

konabunny
    Free Member

Anyone vaguely right wing on this forum is automatically fascist…this scenario has come about because of the failings of the other parties,

So basically what you’re saying is that British politics is replicating the failures of Weimar Germany and creating a space for extremist factions to insert themselves into the legislature and subvert it?

richmtb

The problem is there is no progressive party of the left in UK politics anymore.

Blair realised he didn’t actually need to be left wing to capture votes from the left, he just had to be a fag paper left of the Tories. It’s hard to spot any idealogical clear water between Tory and Labour these days.

The Lib Dems sold out for a taste of power and are probably toxic for at least another full term.

Farage and his merry men enter stage right and this whole mess of the three bald men arguing over a comb main centrist parties lurches to the right.

One of the reasons the SNP remains popular in Scotland (even with those not necessarily in favour of independence) is that they are a genuine centre left alternative one that is sadly lacking throughout the UK as a whole

derekfish
    Free Member

no, just you seem to be the only one posting on this thread. There are several regulars (or ‘big hitters’ if you insist) that argue for rigt wing agendas in a civilised fashion with the jy’s, ernies and binners’ on here and are not accused of racism/facism or trolling.

I wish you’d point them out to me, I can’t say I’ve noticed that many..

richmtb – Member
    The problem is there is no progressive party of the left in UK politics anymore.

This

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.’ is closed to new replies.