Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 7,201 through 7,240 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • dazh

Sky news pretending they’re in America by ‘calling’ the election. No shit Sherlock! ?

ratherbeintobago

He’s an odious little shit. It’s really unusual for a SoS for Health to be hated by the NHS before they’re actually in post.

stingmered

Anybody done today’s Wordle… very apt… ?

Klunk
    Free Member

majority of 1

faustus

JRM gone for sure

Poopscoop

Mogg is out. Lovely.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

There is a God!

Klunk
    Free Member

Abbot wins

ernielynch

Streeting is so obviously going to be the first Cabinet casualty in the new government.

I doubt it. His plans for private involvement in the NHS is pretty central to Starmer’s government.

But he now knows that he has every chance of losing his seat at the next general election, especially if Leanne Mohamed stands against him again. That might temper his enthusiasm for some of his radical “reforms” for the NHS.

reeksy

Job done.

binners

Another embarrassment for Starmer.

Yeah… huge whopping landslide victory but, you know… Wes Streetings reduced majority. I imagine there’ll be many sleepless nights ahead about that

Poopscoop

I wanted to see Moggy actually go but I’m toast.

Night all.

I can still hardly believe it.

Klunk
    Free Member

Unbelievably my mums constituency of South Norfolk has gone Labour overturning a stonking 21,275 maj

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’ve come this far, want to see the Skipton count. And mel stride s seat (my sister’s) constituency before I call it a day

faustus

Time to enjoy some relief, we’ve earned it!

Must have had 20mims sleep so no idea how I’ll function tomorrow…

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m done. What a night

ernielynch

Wes Streetings reduced majority. I imagine there’ll be many sleepless nights ahead about that

So maybe explain why one of Labour’s most senior politicians has lost 21% of his vote in a general election which was billed as potentially being Labour’s greatest ever landslide victory?

How could Wes Streeting possibly do worse, significantly worse, than in 2019?

And if you really think that he won’t be losing any sleep after discovering that he now has one of the smallest, if not smallest, majority in the country you are extraordinarily naive.

Klunk
    Free Member

Craig Williams has lost, should of had a flutter on it !

dazh

And if you really think that he won’t be losing any sleep after discovering that he now has one of the smallest, if not smallest, majority in the country you are extraordinarily naive.

If we’re lucky Starmer will dump him as health secretary on account of his wafer thin majority. Although Starmer can hardly talk with his own performance.

PS WTF is Andy Burnham doing whoreing himself on sky news??

kerley
    Free Member

Woke up to find that I am still one of the few in a tory seat, sigh of relief. It was Swayne’s worst performance in 27 years though by only getting 35% (down 28%) though so there is that.

stingmered

Must have had 20mims sleep so no idea how I’ll function tomorrow

big news for you… it already is tomorrow. ?

reeksy

Labour are in now, so you can help yourself to a four-day week :)

Houns

Dozed off for 5 hours, just catching up.

I see a few beers in my future later today.

willard

How did Count Binface do? I know Sunak held his seat, but did the Count get his deposit back and is he in with a chance in the by-election when Sunak leaves for the US?

kormoran
    Free Member

Dross out with the bins. Fabulous !

kelvin

BBC: Footage of a private plane waiting for Sunak… iconic.

RustyNissanPrairie

Jake Berry can **** off permanently to Anglesey now. Darwen and Rossendale finally Labour after 10years of the odius children’s school holiday meals no voter

batfink
    Free Member

extraordinary scenes in Birmingham

Houns

Jess Phillips just about holds, sounds like she’s had a horrible campaign

kormoran
    Free Member

DFDS Fox taken down. Very pleasant

willard

Just checked out a lot of the results for areas I know. A good shows by the LibDems (around Cambridge) and Labour, but the Reform vote is worrying and the national result does not (imho) represent them fairly. Ed Davey has done well I think, but he needs to be worried about 2029.

reeksy

I find it highly disturbing that Reform has so far got almost 3/4 million more votes than the Lib Dems!

(btw – that wasn’t posted in response to the above post – pure coincidence)

piemonster
    Free Member

Glad to see Mogg, Mordaunt, and Galloway all gone.

crazy-legs

The worrying thing now is that SKS / Labour will do what Cameron / the Tories did when they tried to appeal to and appease UKIP.

They’ll try to appeal to Reform – and unlike UKIP, Reform actually have high profile MPs now. Farage is going to be unbelievably dangerous and generally awful all round.

My Dad’s true blue constituency remains blue but only just. The Tory majority there has collapsed; the incumbent hung on by about 2000 votes from a previous majority in the tens of thousands.

rone

Four greens is good news.

Glad Corbo kept his seat.

And Curtice saying the vote share is basically the same as 2019 for Labour.

Now the interesting bit starts …

kelvin

Four greens is good news.

What’s the fourth Green seat? And I agree.

piemonster
    Free Member

Article on the Beeb for Curtice also expecting Reform to be limited to 4 seats

anagallis_arvensis

Newbury has done the right thing!

kelvin

Reform only really need Tice and Farage… that’ll get them five years of coverage to spew their poison.

piemonster
    Free Member

@Kelvin north herefordshire I’m guessing

Viewing 40 posts - 7,201 through 7,240 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.