Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 7,041 through 7,080 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • welshfarmer

Yep. Just had 2 cheese sandwiches a coffee and some pretzels

slowoldman

looks like the exit poll is well off with the no seats for reform…..

That’s because the exit polls were mainly in Labour/Conservative seats.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Ed Davey of the Lib Dems saying a lot of the simple words about health and care that I wish I had heard more from Labour. His campaign choices seem to have really paid off.

Tom-B
    Free Member

So….Gullis is the one I’m really looking forward to. Can’t wait to see his face.

Shapps will be fun. Hopefully Rees-Mogg too.

binners

It is still an extremely good night for them

We’re going to have to endure old toady gloating tomorrow, aren’t we? Probably a price worth paying for the decimation of the Tories, but still…

Northwind

Kilmarnock to Labour, that’s the first SNP loss and it’s a pretty big one. It’s been SNP for a decade and pretty strongly. Looks like a straight up swing of 10000 from SNP to Labour- Labour used to pretty much own the seat but they’ve had a different candidate every election since 2010 so that’s been weird, at least one of them was a straight up nobody that they blatantly only put in because they had to have someone. Not sure how indicative it’s going to be for that reason, but it’s a big kick in the balls for the SNP.

Another tory share becomes tory/reform/nobody split in about equal parts, I reckon. And that’s bigger than it sounds maybe, teh tories did pretty well here, I think they were third last time.

<edit- and another, West Dunbartonshire- similar story, another relatively big SNP hitter. Probably not as safe a seat, they’ve had a decent majority but it’s been very variable.>

martinhutch

As a former Billericay denizen, this could be interesting. Reminds me why I left at 18 and never came back though…

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ha Christ Widdecombe is **** crackers!

ernielynch

Probably a price worth paying for the decimation of the Tories, but still…

I would have preferred more Tory wins and no Reform UK wins even if the Labour majority was a bit smaller.

I can’t express my loathing for Nigel Farage and Reform UK. Although not necessarily for RUK voters.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve switched to G and T…..aiming for 5am to see the main results. Need to start work at 9, then playing a gig two hours away from home tomorrow evening ?

ernielynch

Blimey, Keir Starmer saw the total number of his votes cut by half since 2019, I can’t quite believe it.

And Andrew Feinstein, a good pro-Palestinian Jew, came second with over 7k votes, that’s amazing.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Starmer’s speech is very worthy and headteacher-y, slightly tediously laying out the purpose of things and how they work. But that’s maybe what is needed when there is no consensus about what politics is for or how it should work. People have had enough of clowns and entertainers.

martinhutch

Shapps gone!

batfink
    Free Member

People have had enough of clowns and entertainers.

Agree. Hopefully this is the final hurrah for interesting politics…. lets have a return to boring please.

Poopscoop

martinhutch
    Free Member
    Shapps gone!

Awesome!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Shapps ? off you **** pal.

dissonance

Probably a price worth paying for the decimation of the Tories, but still…

Maybe, maybe not.
    The question is around shifting the right wing vote from a party which, despite its recent screwups, is a party into a right wing vote controlled by farage ltd is a good thing.
    Personally I would prefer a functioning tory party which gets back to the old one nation tory approach (actually believing in it vs the recent ones who heard the term and went “yup thats us”). Obviously a big step back in time and I dont really agree with their solutions but at least they identified the right problems.

ransos
    Free Member

IDS retained his seat, looks like an independent split the vote.

martinhutch

Sadly, some Labour infighting and idiocy means Iain Duncan Smith survives.

Tom-B
    Free Member

What were Labour thinking in IDS’s seat?! He had a tiny majority

Shaheen looks livid!

Poopscoop

Moggs seat declaring soon.

chewkw
    Free Member

Grant Shapps gone!  Excellent!

racefaceec90

how the &*^% has ids kept his seat !

he should be in jail for what he did as work and pensions &*().

dissonance

Shapps gone!

Thank **** for that.
    It was close whether I would vote libdem or not thanks to Starmer but my dislike of Michael Green dragged me over the line.
    The choice of labour candidate was really, really uninspiring. Replacing a web marketing prick with a pr person is a tricky proposition.
    I am now tempted to head out and deface some of his signs on the Marquess of Salisbury land saying “loser”.
    That or bed.

slowoldman

A Labour screw up.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Faiza Shaheen huffing and stomping her feet.

Grant Shapps speaking under his own name as opposed to a pseudonym.

ernielynch

Keir Starmer’s share of the vote has dropped from 64.5% in 2019 to 48.9% today, that’s minus 17.4%

That is a terrible personal result for him. You would have expected his share of the vote to increase since 2019, not drop very significantly.

I can’t quite get my head round it and keep thinking that it must be some sort of mistake.

Although I guess that the people of Holborn might just not be very impressed with Starmer since he has become Labour leader. After all at the time of the last general election he was still quite a radical leftie.

Klunk
    Free Member

he’d have had more people standing against him.

convert

Single issue indy did the damage there.

martinhutch

I doubt he had anything like this kind of opponent last time around.

ernielynch

he’d have had more people standing against him.

4 of the candidates got less than 80 votes!

I guess that Andrew Feinstein, a leftie pro-Palestinian Jew, has eaten into Starmer’s vote. How embarrassing for him.

dissonance

Ideological purity.
    The original labour candidate got purged for not being a true believer but, sadly, decided not to accept the glorious leader pronouncement and stood as an independent.
    Completely self inflicted by the glorious leader and his team.

martinhutch

Corbyn romps home.

chewkw
    Free Member

Jeremy Corbyn won!

ransos
    Free Member

Blimey, Corbyn did it easily.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ha Green candidate giving a round of applause to Corbyn

dazh

Corbyn! There is hope for democracy yet.

ernielynch

Corbyn romps home.

Yup, and it was supposed to be very close!

I’m really pleased that Corbyn has won. He might be a useless **** but at least he is generally right about most things.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Frogface up now …. schist

chewkw
    Free Member

Farage Won!

21,225 votes!

Finally, in the 8th time he got in!

There will be party in Parliament.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,041 through 7,080 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.