Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 7,001 through 7,040 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
    Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah the CH4 coverage and some of the result might suggest exit poll wrong and labour picking up some of the Tory plus reform seats from the exit poll. Maybe SNP do better than exit poll?

Turnout plus the fact that some places aren’t a two horse race could really mess with the exit poll

Tom-B
    Free Member

Mordant!!! **** hell we could be on for Tory annihilation here!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I think Anderson has won it

ransos
    Free Member

Lee Anderson wins easily.

frankconway

Ashfield? Nuke it from space.

Poopscoop

Bah!

But looks like penny mordaunt is going to lose to Labour.

cookeaa

Damn 30p kept his seat!

politecameraaction
    Free Member

30p Lee. Ugh.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Graceless oaf.

slowoldman

30p Lee back in.

binners

The knuckle-dragger’s knuckle-dragger has retained his seat for Reform with a pretty big majority. Well done people of Ashfield

In other news it looks like the sword-carrier is out. She’s the final standard-bearer of the few people left in the Tory party who aren’t completely insane

BoardinBob

Done..bugger

Northwind

Swindon North’s a beauty. I don’t know the outgoing tory but he looks like skeletor. Another 60% majority gone and another 10000 right wing voters who’ve rejected both tory and reform and not voted. it’d probably have still gone blue without reform, but again the collapse isn’t just about splitting, far from it. Labour only up 1500 but that’s enough. Not a seat I’d ever even heard of before but it looks like a bit of tactical voting as the lib dems have lost a bit.

That’s I think 3, maybe 4 seats where the tory/reform split has handed it to Labour but also where there’s this entire separate thing. Another way to look at it in this seat is that more previous tory voters have just not voted than have defected to Reform. That’s pretty complicated, it’s a strategic nightmare for a thinking tory- who do you chase, the nonvoter or the reformer?

If these keep coming it speaks of a massive rejection of Shitebag Rightwingerism, people who won’t vote for anyone but the tories and certainly not reform but who won’t vote for these tories even in the face of armageddon. They might just be outliers of course but it’ll be interesting both to see if it keeps happen, and if it ends up part of the dialogue at all, it’s going to be easy to miss or spin around just with the sheer volume.

mboy
    Free Member

30p Lee wins again in my outlaws’ area…

Holy ****!

??

ernielynch

I didn’t think it was possible but I think I may have eaten too much cheese. I feel unusual

binners

The swing to Reform from the Tories in Ashfield was 34%. Blimey!

dissonance

But looks like penny mordaunt is going to lose to Labour.

Tricky since she is one of the saner potential candidates for the tories
    Saner doing a lot of work there admittedly.

ernielynch

30p Lee back in.

I had forgotten that he had defected to Reform UK. That probably saved his bacon – a national swing away from the Tories and to Reform UK

slowoldman

The problem with Lee is he’s not an amateur parachuted in by Farage and co. He knows his way round parliament.

dissonance

The swing to Reform from the Tories in Ashfield was 34%. Blimey!

I would recommend going to wikipedia here. The editors are fanatical about updating it within nanoseconds and they include the actual numbers vs percentages.
    Not sure how dissimilar it is compared to some of the previous results.
    Lower than the ukip/tory vote overall but a flip between the two sides.

I am now curious as to who Jason Zadrozny is. Whilst never winning they are polling well for an independent consistently.

Poopscoop

I’ve waited so many years for tonight.

I still can’t really believe this has happened.

Tomorrow (today) wont be any different for me yet everything will be different.

Northwind

Ashfield’s really weird because of the defection, it’s mostly people following the candidate, tories looked like they barely even bothered. Also the independent (former lib dem) who was runner up last time is in the middle of a massive fraud and drugs case which he is blatantly going to be found guilty in, and has accordingly lost like half his votes, he was a hard brexiteer so those votes probably went straight to reform.

ernielynch

He knows his way round parliament.

And a variety of political parties. So far three under his belt.

BoardinBob

Yes, George gone

frankconway

Zadrozny? Hmm . Go read the Mansfield Chad, Nottingham Post or multiple (locally based) social media feeds.

martinhutch

Just tuned in….well this is (mostly) fun, isn’t it?

ernielynch

So apparently George Galloway hasn’t turned up for the count?

I guess that his overinflated ego couldn’t tolerate the humiliation.

How long before the good people of Rochdale got wise to Galloway, three months?

Although I very much doubt that they no longer care about Gaza.

Good riddance to a narcissist and racist.

Poopscoop

Reform haven’t got Hartlepool, Labour have.

Reform not looking as good now.

Poopscoop

martinhutch
    Free Member
    Just tuned in….well this is (mostly) fun, isn’t it?

We can’t talk to you till you tell us what you are eating/drinking.?

dissonance

And a variety of political parties. So far three under his belt.

But it has always been his choice to change and he definitely hasnt quit twice to preempt the results of an investigation.
    I am sure it will be third time lucky and he wont run out of parties and decide to spend time with his family instead.

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like the exit poll is well off with the no seats for reform…..

martinhutch

Mainly cheese. Vintage Cheddar if you’re after precision…

binners

So apparently George Galloway hasn’t turned up for the count?

I doubt he’s been anywhere near Rochdale since he won the seat

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ha loving the upset Rayner clearly caused the reform lot! **** right off you bunch of racist bastards

Poopscoop

martinhutch
    Free Member
    Mainly cheese. Vintage Cheddar if you’re after precision…

Theres a theme starting here.

frankconway

Galloway out – fantastic news; kinnock’s reaction live on BBC – priceless.

Chicken run Holden appears to be on his way OUT.

The frothing about Starmer’s longevity as PM and how the party will govern can wait – for a few hours.

Never forget that the tories have royally ‘ked the country and it will take a huge effort, massive commitment and a chunk of goodwill to make any meaningful progress.

@dissonance
    – what do you want from the Labour government which will exist from Friday morning? You have been highly critical but what you want/expect is far from clear.

Poopscoop

Tom-B
    Free Member
    Ha loving the upset Rayner clearly caused the reform lot! **** right off you bunch of racist bastards

Yeah. BEMOANERS, they lost get over it. ?

greyspoke
    Free Member

Warm milk with malt extract.

I am enjoying this. Mrs g is at the count as she is the local PC agent. Our seat is safe Labour though.

batfink
    Free Member

Flat white for me (22g in 44g out, for the coffee nerds)

Might pop out for a bacon and egg roll…..

ernielynch

looks like the exit poll is well off with the no seats for reform…..

Eh? Hasn’t 30p Lee just won?

There are hundreds of results still to come, Reform UK are only predicted to win another 12.

It is still an extremely good night for them.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,001 through 7,040 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.