Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 6,961 through 7,000 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh **** jesus Francois has won

politecameraaction
    Free Member

we need to start thinking about mandatory voting 55% turn out is an embarrassment

They have mandatory voting in Australia. That’s how you end up with novelty parties and microparties like the Australian Motorists’ Party and the Hunters & Shooters Party. They end up taking unpredictable extreme policies on topics that are totally outside their mandate.

binners

Richard Holdens chicken run has gone to a recount. A possible loss to Reform. 20 votes in it!

crazy-legs

A few entertaining spoiled papers so far.

SCUM features quite heavily. One person had gone to a fair bit of trouble to critique each candidate individually.
    Some comments about Gaza.
    The most heartbreaking was this:

I cannot in good faith give any of these my vote. This is a sad day for the UK.

There was also a very sweary comment next to Reform on one paper which would result in a ban if I even tried to replicate it here.

crazy-legs

Indication thus far is that Labour are romping home here although it’s worrying how much support Reform has. More votes than the Tories in some areas!

It’s always been a strongly Labour constituency though.

Andy

I have criticised Starmer when he has proclaimed policies very similar to the Tories,

Please point me to any post where you have said anything positive about Starmer?  Allow me the catharis of calling out all the aholes who continuously criticized the non-corbyn labour journey during the last 8 years?

Tbf I share your frustration that it seams different shades of the same colour, however as Campbell said in an interview with everyone lefties fave grifter O Jones, in ’97 Labour wanted to do so much more but couldnt risk it with the press. Starmer has done whats needed to achieve a result.

dyna-ti

Settings / My Account / Preferences / enable Fancy Editor.

Options seem to change though.

Strike through is now missing(at least on mine) and last week i could change the font colour, which is also now missing.

Maybe with that it was to entice you with oooh look, we can have colours, before snatching it away and no doubt laughing manically.

Edit: image is missing to. cant upload direct from my own pics.

I’ve never truly trusted hamsters

Poopscoop

binners
    As an aside, what’s everyone doing for sustenance? I’ve just cracked open a second bottle of red (a nice Doura) and inhaled a whole pack of rolitto’s

Coop vodka which is bloody horrible. I mean, I dont like vodka anyway (long story why I have it…) but this is putrid.

That and a spicy cheese slice.

Christ, this explains a lot of why I’m not very healthy at the moment. ?

Tom-B
    Free Member

30p Lee could be out in 10 minutes. Close call there

fasgadh
    Free Member

Unfortunately Action Man has been reelected. First unspeakable hold

dissonance

Oh **** jesus Francois has won

To be fair in these worrying times I want an elite soldier like him ready to stand in parliament to fight off Pride and his men.

Poopscoop

Strike through is now missing(at least on mine) and last week i could change the font colour, which is also now missing.

Strike though has also gone for me. I can no longer put a picture in nice and easy, I’m having to use 3rd party hosting again. Lots of tinkering going on I suppose.

Poopscoop

Tom-B
    Free Member
    Oh **** jesus Francois has won.

Yeah, imagine thinking he is the best option. Mad!

reeksy

They have mandatory voting in Australia. That’s how you end up with novelty parties and microparties like the Australian Motorists’ Party and the Hunters & Shooters Party. They end up taking unpredictable extreme policies on topics that are totally outside their mandate.

I’m on the fence about the mandatory voting aspect. Especially when you have to vote for two houses and preferential voting, it gets confusing. But it also means lots of donkey voting, or people like a fireman friend of mine who this year chose to pay a fine than leaving the pub to go and vote (all voting is on a Saturday here and closes at 6pm to make it easier for people).

The novelty parties really don’t have any impact – just like the raving loonies. But nobody like the Reform party has come anywhere near the success they’re predicting.

Poopscoop

Tom-B
    Free Member
    30p Lee could be out in 10 minutes. Close call there

Please let it be so!

dissonance

Indication thus far is that Labour are romping home here although it’s worrying how much support Reform has.

It does seem mostly a conversion from tory to Farage ltd. Not a great sign since I would prefer a proper right wing opposition rather than Farages personal company masquerading as a party but they have done a good job of selling themselves as a change rather than just using the slogan “change” and then not giving any obviously better policies.

frankconway

Francois for tory leader – you read it here!

That should finish off the tories completely as they are absorbed by Reform.

Pook

Binners- I’m a bottle of red in, and one Old Speckled Hen.  About to go for #2.

2x bags of walkers

1/2 maltesers

1/2 Cadbury’s choco milk

Northwind

If the Libdems really have taken Chichester and booted Keegan that’s huge, she had a 58% majority, lib dems only 23% last time!

Francois likewise, he was always likely to win there but he had 73% last time round!

Tom-B
    Free Member

**** me I’d love Dougie Ross lose. What a total ****.

Poopscoop

Francois likewise, he was always likely to win there but he had 73% last time round!

What’s his share this time, I missed that info?

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m hitting the wifes Jamesons with cheese and biscuits (though a really painful ulcer under the tongue is making it painful, though the whisky helps :) )

binners

I didn’t think it was possible but I think I may have eaten too much cheese. I feel unusual

Cougar

A few entertaining spoiled papers so far.

Question: If a paper is very clearly marked with an X in a box, but also has other writing on it, does it count as a vote or spoiled?

I have never seen colour as an option using either editor. The forum supports it, but you’d to do it manually.

bikesandboots

**** me I’d love Dougie Ross lose. What a total ****.

Would be an even lighter weight figure than already was

Northwind

Stroud is boring but Nuneaton a bit less… Turnout well done, Labour have only picked up about a thousand votes and that might actually just be a swing from lib dems and greens behind Labour. It’s not just Reform either (though it’d have probably stayed blue without them), in 2019 the tories took over 27000 votes, tonight Reform and the Tories combined took just over 20000.

Basically looks like 7000 tories just didn’t turn up at all.

Darlington is proper full on right wingers eating themselves, Labour are actualyl down 1000 but took teh win anyway while the “tory + reform” vote is pretty much the same as tories last time. LOL.

Gotta say these individual seats are way more varied and interesting than I expected

Poopscoop

What’s his share this time, I missed that info?

Share, 72.6% down to 37%, votes 39800 to 17500. And again not all about Reform, their combined total is only 29000. Labour only gained a little, people just stayed away. Shame it’s still a win but talk about phyrric

Might be overreading from just a few seats but it feels like in the ultra-safe right wing seats, where people just won’t ever defect to Labour or Lib Dems in any number, a big chunk of people have rejected both tory and reform.

batfink
    Free Member

Southern Hemisphere checking in…. what’d I miss?

I’m not in favour of mandatory voting – if you can’t be bothered to vote, chances are that you are not really engaged with what’s going on, and you are susceptible to very simplistic arguments/slogans. That’s how Brexit happened: Large numbers of uniformed voters were hijacked by the leave campaign. It’s what’s happening with remain too: Much easier to just blame it on immigrants than to actually engage with the real problems/solutions.

chewkw
    Free Member

Labour’s Rachel Reeves wins Leeds West and Pudsey.

BBC says she is going to be the next Chancellor but I think she is the first to go in the cabinet reshuffle, coz she is in a very hot seat.

dissonance

Southern Hemisphere checking in…. what’d I miss?

Not a lot. You will be in a better position to see what is happening over the next few hours as the results start to come in.

Poopscoop

binners
    I didn’t think it was possible but I think I may have eaten too much cheese. I feel unusual

Epic cheese fueled nightmare where the rest of the polling is totally wrong and Sunak is still PM in the morning?

Klunk
    Free Member

That’s how Brexit happened: Large numbers of uniformed voters were hijacked by the leave campaign. It’s what’s happening with remain too: Much easier to just blame it on immigrants than to actually engage with the real problems/solutions.

on a 72.1% turn out means we left the EU on a 37% mandate.

Poopscoop

Telford goes Labour and Southport!

BoardinBob

This is joyous to watch

binners

24% swing to Labour in Telford

i’m rather enjoying this. Looks like, if anything, the final results may be even worse for the Tories than the exit polls

batfink
    Free Member

Is there anywhere tracking actual results vs exit poll? Ie: so we can see in real time whether each result is in-line with the exit poll?

Poopscoop

Channel 4 now reporting that reform not doing as well as initially thought.

Possibly.

BoardinBob

Is there anywhere tracking actual results vs exit poll

Sky news is

Klunk
    Free Member

the only trouble with election night is it’s mostly about politicians :?

Poopscoop

binners
    24% swing to Labour in Telford

Biggest swing ever in a GE from con to Labour.

Poopscoop

Lee Anderson’s seat declaring soon!….

Viewing 40 posts - 6,961 through 7,000 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.