Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 6,881 through 6,920 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • politecameraaction
    Free Member

I am reading the SNP loses as two things – 1) a general hold your nose and vote the tories out and 2) after 17 years in power in holyrood thy are tired and folk are tired of them – but you must remember the SNP are only a part of the independence movement

It makes no sense to switch from the SNP to Labour if you want to GTTO.

It’s true that the SNP is one component of the independence movement, and it’s true that support for independence doesn’t track support for the SNP. But the SNP is the standard-bearer and bulwark and dominant component of that movement. There is no effective organising body for Scottish independence other than the SNP, and independence is the defining policy of the SNP. There’s no-one other than the SNP that can deliver independence…and there’s no confidence in the SNP’s ability to deliver anything.

There’s also the slightly awkward point that the SNP is broke as a result of the shenanigans of its former leadership and it’s probably going to lose a whole bunch of state election funding.

There’s not a world in which the collapse in support for the SNP isn’t a massive setback for the independence movement. Maybe even a generational one…

Poopscoop

Farage criticising the MSM for not having reform members on the shows… then cuts to one of them on CH4. What a dick head.

Cougar

politecameraaction
    Free Member

I’m expecting a Starmer government to be boring but competent managers/bureaucrats and hard workers. I think that’ll be what’s most needed to deal with systematic and institutional sized problems.

I hope this is right. It’ll take 3-4 years to even produce a 10 year plan to un-fluff this country from 14 years of nihilism and destruction. With luck, Labour will win a second five year term, get halfway through executing it, things will improve – and then the electorate will elect a new government that will drive it into the sea again. :(

theotherjonv

Swindon South – Reform in a relatively distant third with about 14% of a 61.8% turnout

Cougar

Labour sources have told the BBC they think they have snatched four of the six Glasgow seats from the SNP with two constituencies, Glasgow North and Glasgow South too close to call.

theotherjonv

scathing views from Robert Buckland.

faustus

Wow, Buckland is p1ssed off! Good on him, and the Swindon speeches from the count were decent and human.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Buckland clearly seriously pissed off with the likes of Braverman! Like looking very very pissed off!!!

My schadenfreude is really kicking in ngl

EDIT. Ha never thought that I’d hear a Tory use the phrase 2 bald men arguing over a comb ?

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Why all this talk about Reform they are a Conservative protest vote and home to the racists all countries have them, I cant see them winning a seat.

binners

Oh brilliant! Hugh Fearnley-Twatingstall. I thought what we were really lacking was a massive dose of insufferably sanctimonious middle class smugness

Thank god for Carol Vorderman!

zomg

Farage criticising the MSM for not having reform members on the shows… then cuts to one of them on CH4. What a dick head.

A cynical liar and beneficiary of fellow mendicant Johnson’s role as populist thought leader.

dazh

Reform doing well in the vote share (if not the number of seats thanks to FPTP) could be a good thing. If the labour party read the runes then it should encourage them to start listening to normal people instead of their corporate advisors and business focus groups. I don’t have much hope that will happen but you never know.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Carol Vorders turning up the volume. Good for her.

mboy
    Free Member

Carol Vorderman on CH4 right now…

Absolute class! ??

Never seen her looking so happy! ?

AD

Carol Vordermann is being quite restrained…???

Edit – the random question marks were laughing emoji’s – honest!

dissonance

What a dick head.

It works though.
    Acting the victim gets good headlines so long as you arent actually a real victim.

Andy

Vorders is fabulous! Nails it as well…

Cougar

Kinell, Carol isn’t holding back.

ernielynch

https://x.com/LeftieStats/status/1808986191016178017

Wow, Labour’s predicted share of the vote is only 36%??

That’s bad. It’s only 3% more than 2019. Not a convincing mandate for Starmer even if he has a huge majority.

Speeder

Buckland can get ****ed. If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

Where was his voice over the last 5 years?

The Reform vote is both worrying and probably indicative of the Brexit factor.

binners

Follow her on Twitter. She’s been tearing into the Tories on a daily basis. She ****ing loathes them!

Cougar

it should encourage them to start listening to normal people

The word you’re looking for there is “racists.”

TiRed

Conservatives will lose more seats to Lib Dems than they will Reform. So their answer will be to be more Reform? No wonder Buckland is pissed off. Lose the centre and you lose. It’s that simple.

ernielynch

BREAKING: George Galloway is set to lose his Rochdale seat to Labour

If true he will have no one else to blame other than himself. ****

ransos
    Free Member

Crack open a bottle to celebrate. A lovely wee dram

Surprised you could tell after loading it with ice…

ernielynch

Andrew Tate’s brother, Tristan, revealed as key financial supporter of George Galloway

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/george-galloway-andrew-tristan-tate-latest-finance-money-revealed/

dissonance

Whilst the venn diagram of racists and reform voters will almost certainly have most racists as a subset there will be plenty of reform voters who dont fall into that category.
    Farage ltd is skilled at offering hope to lots of people whilst failing to deliver since that would mean doing some work.

chewkw
    Free Member

Newcastle Central – Two main parties (Labour and Tories) have minus change in votes, while all the others gain in votes. People seem not very happy with the two main parties.

dazh

Yes Cougar, all normal people who are pissed off at the two main parties not doing anything to help them are racists. Classic STW!

Klunk
    Free Member

have labour looked at reform and decided to take the gamble we’ll risk losing 3 or 4 seat to them in our heartlands and really pile in of seats like Romford etc

Andy

“People seem to have forgotten that he owes most of his success to the failures of the Tories. ”

A fair comment, although everyone said it would take him 2 terms to recover from the Corbyn disaster (sorry ahem moral win ahem)

“Personally I don’t think that he is up to the job. But I could be wrong of course – there is no way of knowing until he is tested.”

That sounds like you dont want him to succeed? Have you nothing positive to say? Or is this just corbynite only happy in opposition?

Personally I am just glad the Tories have gone and hope the new Labour government succeeds even though its obviously a massive challenge

“Wow, Labour’s predicted share of the vote is only 36%”

Yes and its been very well covered they have been much more targeted on the seats they were chasing to achieve a result with much more focused campaigning. Sounds like it worked.

(Shitty forum not allowing quotes right now)

dazh

Best news I’ve seen so far..

Cougar

Whilst the venn diagram of racists and reform voters will almost certainly have most racists as a subset there will be plenty of reform voters who dont fall into that category.
    Farage ltd is skilled at offering hope to lots of people whilst failing to deliver since that would mean doing some work.

I don’t disagree with either of those points.

Yes Cougar, all normal people who are pissed off at the two main parties not doing anyting to help them are racists. Classic STW!

Have you learned nothing yet?  Not all Reform voters are racists, but all the racists will likely be Reform voters.  See also: the Brexit party, UKIP, EDL, NF… same shit, different white pants.

How do you define the abnormal people?

BoardinBob

Surprised you could tell after loading it with ice…

? It’s nothing fancy, just a Singleton, but I do enjoy ice in my whisky

chewkw
    Free Member

“Best news I’ve seen so far..”
    Good to hear that.

binners

Anne Widdecombe is like somebody’s mad grandma who’s a bit befuddled after too much Sherry and wandered in there by accident

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Yes Cougar, all normal people who are pissed off at the two main parties not doing anything to help them are racists. Classic STW!

No, @dazh, that’s not what was said.

But in any case if you vote for a party with a racist platform (and not much else), then it’s fair enough to describe you as a racist. What’s so hard to believe about 10-20% of the population being racist?

Meanwhile – look at the hat on that lady on the left behind the journalist in the pink jacket in Welwyn! It’s massive!!!

binners

“Best news I’ve seen so far..”

Seismic stuff

You can almost forgive mim for two catastrophic election defeats, gift-wrapped for the Tories and leaving the Labour Party a smouldering wreck. His towering leadership has really been missed

Oh…

Andy

“Best news I’ve seen so far..

Jeremy Corbyn could be on course for a narrow victory – likely to be as few as 1500 votes in it”

Yeah, a serial loser retaining his seat is way better news than 14 years of the torys ending. lols

Viewing 40 posts - 6,881 through 6,920 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.