Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 6,761 through 6,800 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • Poopscoop

johnjn2000

Is there anywhere to watch the results that doesn’t have people that give me the urge to smash my TV? Tried C4 and BBC so far

BruceWee

Channel 4 doing the vox pops. Young people switching from Labour to Reform at the last minute.
    Guess we know which votes Labour are going to be chasing for the next 5 years.

chewkw
    Free Member

For Reform to become a major party, the two main parties must have muppets in their ranks.

IHN

Well, the Sky exit poll has Macclesfield at 97% chance of going to Labour. It’s been Tory, and solidly, safely, not a tad marginally Tory, since 1918. Nineteen. Eighteen.

5lab
    Free Member

Labour reported to maybe have a smaller share of the vote than they did under Corbyn in 2017

spawnofyorkshire

Reform wasn’t a factor in 2017 and they’ve gained a third of their voters from labour

franksinatra

David TC Davies has conceded.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Klunk
    Free Member

99% labour gain here

igm

Reform wasn’t a factor in 2017 and they’ve gained a third of their voters from labour

5% then, out of Labour’s 40-45%. Neither surprised nor that worried. Yet.

Leadsom acting like a stateswoman !?!?!?!

tjagain

**** a duck, Stirling possible flip to tory? WTAF?

Labour and the SNP splitting the anti tory vote could let tories in in Scotland.  a side effect of FPTP or possibly the old tory / labour anti SNP pact?

Poopscoop

Sunak resigning tomorrow as PM?

What are we thinking?

binners

Slow handclap for James Daly. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out

tjagain

Sunak will be off to the US ASAP.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Until the results are in I’m enjoying the thought rishi, kemi, cruella could all fall… what ever happens, tonight is a most excellent night.

Cougar

“accidentally”

dissonance

What are we thinking?

I am thinking he voted labour in the hope he can bin off this experiment with politics completely tomorrow morning . It was fun trying to impress the inlaws and all but overall unsuccessful.

PrinceJohn

**** hell Sunderland

TiRed

Historically over all elections since 1900, the median share of the vote for Labour has been 38%, and 42% for Conservatives. Labour have polled as per historic rate. Conservatives have lost about half of their share. Much of that has been to Reform.

Brexit has destroyed the Conservative Party.

chewkw
    Free Member

Wow … Sunderland with Reform in the second place. Approximately 7k plus difference only.

faustus

He won’t be PM, only decision is whether he leads Tories still…

dissonance

“accidentally”

Tricky.
    I would have thought gbeebies would be more likely to announce reform the winners followed by the tories.

Cougar

Sunderland South announced.  Labour 18k, Reform 11k, Tories 5k.

tjagain

My constituency 99% lab gain.

jimster01

Poopscoop
    Sunak resigning tomorrow as PM?

What are we thinking?”

5.55 am “I’m standing down as leader of the Conservative Party ”

First flight out of the country 6am more like.

oldnpastit

Sunderland South, that’s a cracking result for Reform to come second.

theotherjonv

51% turnout in Sunderland. That’s disappointing.

Klunk
    Free Member

51 % turnout :?

ernielynch

It’s worth remembering that the new Parliamentary Tory Party is likely to be less right-wing than the previous one.

The Tories who are most likely to hold on to their seats are those in the traditional deep Tory heartlands, these tend to have more One Nation Tories.

In contrast the Tories most likely to lose their seats are those in the traditional Labour Red Wall seats, these tend to be working class rabid right-wingers like 30p Lee.

myti
    Free Member

1 down! Well done but scary at the same time

binners

Massive vote for Reform! 29%! Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!

theotherjonv

Good call Ernie – fingers crossed.

JRM on BBC, What a **** with his diptych of Churchill and Thatcher behind him

ElShalimo

Rees-Mogg is now trying to explain why we’re shit and he’s correct

Poopscoop

Gbeebies have got full behind Reform now. Grifters gotta grift.

Wouldnt recommend their coverage, looks like they spent a tenner in duct tape and an old plasma TV.?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

“First flight out of the country 6am more like.”

Unlikely I would have thought. Unless he has lost his seat as well. If he has held his seat then he will have to resign his seat and step down before leaving, surely.

igm

Leadsom acting like a stateswoman !?!?!?!

And JRM – what alternate universe have I wandered in to?

BoardinBob

Brexit has destroyed the Conservative Party

I mean,as much as I hate Brexit, there is a delightful irony that Cameron’s gamble to save them has ended up destroying them

slowoldman

“Massive vote for Reform! 29%! Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!”

That Sunderland South result (Reform 2nd) matches the FT seat predictor. Reform slightly higher, FT predicted 25% and their overall prediction gives Reform 1 seat (Clacton).

theotherjonv

He’ll do a Dave Cameron. He said he’d stay as MP and LOTO if that was how the poll went but now he’ll say that clearly the people have rejected his offering and to stay would be a distraction.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think there’s also some more irony in that their boundary changes and refusal to move to a PR style voting system means they’ve lost loads of votes to reform.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,761 through 6,800 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.