Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 6,721 through 6,760 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
    faustus

Switched back to BBC once Dorries spoke, she’s so bloody awful. Nice that BBC showed Mr Baker his 1% chance of keeping his seat whilst in the studio! Ha!

theotherjonv

C4 have got Hannah Fry, BBC have got John Curtice.

What do i do?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Trying to keep up with Vines little piece currently

Gullis, Anderson, Shapps, Rees Mogg all gone

pk13

At least a 3rd of reform mps will be gone by mid term there is no way they have been checked for the ol racist comments or Nazi costume party photos..

Just enjoy the moment folks

irc
    Free Member

Exit poll puts SNP as 5th largest party. Losing Short money and PMQ questions etc. A dram has been poured.

binners

“13 Reform UK MPs if true is a disaster imo”

Just wait until they behave like UKIP MEPs always did. They’ve no interest in being MPs and serving their constituents interests. I’d put my house on all of them going AWOL now (Nadine stylee) as they think their jobs are now already done. If anyone needs them, they’ll be in the pub

grahamt1980

Stuff it,  good luck everyone staying up.

I’m going to sleep with hopefully the happy knowledge of a lot of sad tories in the morning

mrsheen
    Free Member

Hannah Fry of course!

racefaceec90

all i need now is to hear that iain duncan smith has been found guilty and sent to jail for the rest of his miserable life (the least he deserves).

nickjb
    Free Member

Exit poll predictions by constituency here:

https://news.sky.com/story/exit-poll-what-is-the-forecast-election-result-in-my-constituency-13163180

99% chance of a green win in Bristol Central

Poopscoop

My God, it’s like end of days for Tory supporters on X.

Bloody BEMOANERS just can’t let it go. ?

Jamze

13 Reform UK MPs if true is a disaster imo

Going to be very interesting to see how accurately the exit poll people have modelled a brand new party.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The tory party has one reason for existing – to keep power and wealth in the hands of the powerful and wealthy. Any party member is a part of this – the deliberate cruelty and impoverishment of the poor old and unhealthy is deliberate. they have blood on their hands. sure some have the capacity for self delusion but that does not make them decent people.

What @tjagain said. They want to look nice while hanging onto the money and screwing the poor and vulnerable.

Cougar

A win by one is as good as a win by 200

AIUI, it’s not possible to win by one.  You need more than half to avoid a hung parliament, and there’s an even number of seats.  You’d have to win by two or more.

kelvin

Feels safe to wait ‘till (early) morning for the results now. Sleep well folks.

rone

There’s way way too much coverage going off.

I miss Dimbleby.

Looks like our constituency in Bassetlaw is on the cards for reform according to Sky’s info.

dissonance

The Right is VERY good at appealing to the heart.

Its more than that. Among the slightly disguised hate they do also offer change. Just look at Johnson and levelling up.

It goes back to benpinnick’s point about what do people have to lose when their conditions are crap.
    I cant really blame someone for saying sod it lets give it a go beyond the “yeah that was promised at brexit too and how is it going?” Although that said for some groups the answer is pretty well so…

molgrips
    Free Member

Reform have nothing except Farage, and at 60 he won’t still be fighting after the next election. Once he’s gone they’ll evaporate.

duncancallum

Kwasi tbf isnt coming across badly.

Doris… christ
    Widdecombe she looks seriously ill.

dissonance

If anyone needs them, they’ll be in the pub

Pub? Farage and friends will be in the club. Dont want riffraff near you.

As for the rest I am not sure that works.
    Remember their modus operandi is to blame everyone else and I think that will work just as well as a mp as it did when an mep.
    Clacton gets screwed over. Its Starmer trying to destroy us and so forth.
    The only way they get really damaged is when they are inescapably in charge of something say a local council.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Winners carry umbrellas

I was expecting Rayner to be warning us of Zillons from Tharg with that off on stuff.

irc
    Free Member

Osborne says the reason for the early election was to catch Reform out before they were ready. That worked well!!

fenderextender
    Free Member

“Nadine… a tip… don’t pick arguments with people a million times more intelligent than you”

Aah, but they’re the sneering elite that patriotic folk should kick out against.

Which is another tendril of how we ended up in this utter ****ing mess.

?

kimbers

Damn those polls giving me false hope of lib dems coming second

**** farage will be loving it, somehow a Labour landslide and the tories worst ever defeat feels like a letdown

kelvin

Osborne says the reason for the early election was to catch Reform out before they were ready. That worked well!!

Come the Autumn the Trump circus will be in full flow… I had thought the right in general would have benefited from the inevitable flooding of social media with disinformation to support that… but the Conservatives might have felt that Farage’s latest wheeze would be the ones to be able to (and be prepared to) capitalise the most out of that.

I don’t think Reform will get into double figures in terms of seats… lots of near misses.

binners

bikesandboots

13 for Reform, but I look forward to see the vote share.

Do we only like FPTP when it works to minimise numbers of those we disagree with?

nickjb
    Free Member

“Damn those polls giving me false hope of lib dems coming second”

It was always a long shot if you looked at the numbers. That said there are an awful lot of 50/50 predictions in the exit poll so let’s see what happens overnight

sockpuppet

Switched back to BBC once Dorries spoke, she’s so bloody awful. Nice that BBC showed Mr Baker his 1% chance of keeping his seat whilst in the studio! Ha!

I was looking forward to seeing the C4 coverage, but I can’t watch that hateful woman

So I’m out.

dukeduvet

That Sky exit poll by constituency for us here in west Hull is showing a close race between Labour and Reform. Please God don’t let one of Garage’s oafs get in.

franksinatra

Gullis, Anderson, Shapps, Rees Mogg all gone

Please be true
    Please be true
    Please be true
    Please be true

chewkw
    Free Member

“Osborne says the reason for the early election was to catch Reform out before they were ready. That worked well!!”

I am surprised Osborne can actually think.

Houns

Can you please put a smirking AC face on the cat on that meme

kimbers

Rees mogg not so only 50/50

One of the predicted Barnsley reform seats the candidates was actually suspended for the r racism

They still apparently elected him

Cougar

[EDIT: click through for the punchline]

doris5000
    Free Member

“I was looking forward to seeing the C4 coverage, but I can’t watch that hateful woman”

Same – lasted about until about 10.15 before switching to the BBC!

ElShalimo

Hannah Fry is so much better than Curtice (self promoting Skeletor wannabe)

dissonance

Do we only like FPTP when it works to minimise numbers of those we disagree with?

Nah I hate it regardless.
    Sadly as much as I dislike it a lot of people are being convinced by the rubbish spewed by Farage and friends. The only hope would be that if we did had a proper electoral system the other parties would make more of an effort to help them. Admittedly the problem is this is a accumulative issue of them being ignore for the swing seats so hard to fix. Plus there is also the illogical part of it eg various bits of Wales and Cornwall voting brexit despite the only people giving a vague toss about them being the EU.

squirrelking
    Free Member

**** a duck, Stirling possible flip to tory? WTAF?

slowoldman

The Sky website points out that the exit poll is in 133 constituencies.
    “The majority of constituencies are selected because they reflect the battle between the two main parties – Labour and the Conservatives. A smaller number represent battlegrounds between the Liberal Democrats and each of the two main parties”.

I’m hoping that means the results for LibDem and Reform are, erm, more fluid.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,721 through 6,760 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.