Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 6,601 through 6,640 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • tjagain

MOlgrips – Of course he is pro brexit as he now supports it and has both lied and gaslit around it.  Its an utter disgrace.  Its the lies that get me.  “no case to rejoin”  ” we can renegotiate the withdrawal agreement”  Both outright lies.

Poopscoop

@oceanskipper
    My children’s school had mock elections this morning – Reform got 47% of the votes with Labour the other 53% and no other party getting any votes. The Reform voters, when asked why, in general said ‘so they could send all the “insert non white demographic here” home’. I was truly shocked when I heard this.

What age group mate? Apparently Reform have had marked success on TikTok… Grim6 what I know of TikTok its ideally suited to offering simple solutions to complex problems. ☹️

colournoise

“My children’s school had mock elections this morning – Reform got 47% of the votes with Labour the other 53% and no other party getting any votes. The Reform voters, when asked why, in general said ‘so they could send all the “insert non white demographic here” home’. I was truly shocked when I heard this.”

Be interested to know the age of the kids and where the school is.

As a teacher that result kind of terrifies me!

ernielynch

So we should have an idea of the size of the Labour majority in about 20 minutes.

I can’t believe how long I have waited for this. As from tomorrow politics is likely to become very interesting.

Houns

Tuning in to channel 4 now, think it’ll be a good show/s whatever the result.

ThePinkster

Just got back from the pub quiz. Has anything happened today?

binners

This is the first time I’ve felt any political optimism since June 24th 2016

supernova

Here we go.
    All I have to do now is wrestle the remote control from all the women in my house watching the Love Island recoupling.

Poopscoop

What channel we all watching? I’m starting with ITV at 21:50, then over to the Beeb later. That guy that does the analysis knows his shizzle.

dyls

I truly hope Sir Kier doesn’t give Dianne and Jeremy a job in government! And lets keep Trident with Putin about.

Fueled
    Free Member

I’m on channel 4, they sure have a broad spectrum of pundits across good, bad and ugly. Might even get an in-studio punch up with a bit of luck.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

I had just about steeled myself to vote labour then came Starmers latest pro brexit announcement.  I just cannot vote for a party that is a brexiteer party

I do sympathise with TJ and he has obviously thought long and hard and done his research. I don’t agree with the outcome.

On the failure of Labour to push rejoining the EU as a priority: I was skeptical that the EU was interested in hearing any more bullshit from the UK about this. They’re much more interested in Serbia, Macedonia, Ukraine and even Armenia – getting them in the bloc makes EU members safer and unlocks infrastructure opportunities. Those countries have also spent decades working towards integration.

Recognising that isn’t being pro-Brexit. Jean-Claude Juncker is not a Brexiteer. In the last couple of days:

ON BREXIT: “When you leave a boat, you can’t get back on the same boat,” says the man who — with Michel Barnier — led the EU’s side of Brexit talks. Never? “In a century or two, yes,” he said, eyes sparkling mischievously behind his glasses. He notes that no British political party fighting today’s election wants to rejoin the EU (with Labour Party Leader Keir Starmer — who is widely expected to be the U.K.’s next PM — saying the country would not rejoin the EU’s single market in his lifetime). Britain is “currently discovering the consequences of its vote, and the consequences correspond exactly to what we told them they’d be,” Juncker says.

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/brussels-playbook/juncker-says-uk-can-rejoin-eu-in-a-century-or-two/

grahamt1980

Channel 4 currently,  but they have anne widdecome on it which puts me off, add dorres to that and my skin is crawling.

Even Hannah Fry isn’t going to pull it back

Houns

Oh that line up is going to be ‘interesting’

mefty
    Free Member

ITV’s coverage has been streets ahead of the BBC in recent elections in my view – much quicker with results and Osborne and Balls make a good analysis team

Houns

Oh she pulls it back for me.

No, that wasn’t intended to be smutty

kelvin

Vera is finishing (at my mum’s) then BBC.

Beer time… just the one mind.

Poopscoop

Play Tory election bingo on this site! ?

https://www.bestforbritain.org/election_night_bingo

ernielynch

This is the first time I’ve felt any political optimism since June 24th 2016

I have just realised that I am shit scared of what the exit poll will predict will be Reform UK’s total tally of seats.

If it’s as many as 15, as one poll predicted, I will be devastated. More than that I will be comatosed

fasgadh
    Free Member

No Labour this time – you don’t get away with brexity statements. However Nigel Starmer is going to have a big fight on his hands with the party over Europe. Every Labour supporter I have spoken to, including canvassers are very unhappy.

Rejoining any time soon is for the birds – but remember we did not leave nicely, what we got was not what was promised and there are other steps to reduce the economic damage. Refusal to even consider repairs to the damage is unforgivable and frankly treacherous.

binners

Some heavyweights on channel 4… and Nadine Dorries, who is probably too stupid to realise she’s there to be mocked.

I loved the intro….

“Harriet Hartman who has held just about every political position over a career spanning 40 years and Kwasi Kwatang who was chancellor of the exchequer for 40 days”

Poopscoop

5 minutes before we know exit polls on ITV.

grahamt1980

@Houns

Oh she pulls it back for me.

No, that wasn’t intended to be smutty

Yeah whatever. ….

kimbers

Well just back from a lovely couple of hours on the bike, perfect conditions

Even if farage ends up PM at least I’ve had a great evening ride

theotherjonv

I’m trembling like a shitting dog, fear and anticipation.

grahamt1980

KamiKwazi on c4 too

How long till Alistair Campbell loses it at one of the others

Poopscoop

T minus 3 minutes…

neilnevill
    Free Member

I went to vote early afternoon for my long time mp, steve Reid. Slightly adjusted constituency this time but it’s a safe labour seat always. Very slow with just one guy there beside me but then 2pm I guess would be slow.

Poopscoop

T minus  1 minutes…

I’m going full Aliens!

“Let go of the you bitch!” (The UK?)

ernielynch

KamiKwazi on c4 too

The man who kicked off what will likely be a Tory wipeout. Has he no shame?

Poopscoop

Here we go!

Houns

A shot every time Maitlis says ‘egregious’.

ElShalimo

C4 will be fun for the next hour or so

Dorries will probably have a meltdown (please)

Poopscoop

**** yes!

Poopscoop

Yes! Have that you treacherous bastards!

grahamt1980

Haha they are having issues with the numbers.  Desperate filling going on

grahamt1980

Reform 13, I bloody hope that is wrong

ernielynch

Bollocks. Reform UK 13

Houns

Is it too early to say…

You lost, get over it.

ads678

That exit poll is great if it comes true!

Apart from reform that is, but you can’t have it all.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,601 through 6,640 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.