Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Tubeless inflator recommendations
  • Northwind

I built an extinguisherflater too, but I used a full size water extinguisher and tbh it’s a bit stupid. Ironically, most times when I charge it up I do it from my 2hp compressor 😛 If I did it again I’d use a smaller can.

Or maybe I’d just buy an airshot these days as they’re good value. But I wouldn’t expect to get my fatbike tyres up with one, it’s enough of a pain with the compressor.

dirkpitt74

Taking inspiration from The Nobbyflator, I give you the Frankenflator:

Love the Van Halen paint job!!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I put a tube in seat both beads, pop one side off, remove tube, add 60ml stans, spray soapy water around open bead, then pump with track pump for 30-60 seconds, until you get the pinging seat confirmation.

On my old Stans Arch rims didn’t need to use a tube at all trackpump would do it no problem.

jamesoz

In what world is 46 quid for a bottle some tube and fittings good value?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got the Specialized one, it’s rather good and reassuringly heavy / well made. It’s never failed to get a tyre to go up once.

Yes I can seat all my tubeless tyres with a track pump, but sometimes I just CBA’d

stevextc
    Free Member

In what world is 46 quid for a bottle some tube and fittings good value?

The one where the option is chucking a £47 tyre…???

Seriously though … most of my tyre/rim combo’s go up no problems with a track pump.. quite a few I reckon would go up with a half decent hand pump… I’ve never tried since I’ve always had the track pump…

Then there is always one, I spent hours and hours on one tyre… probably 49 hours… so at £1/hr ???

Digger90
    Free Member

What pressure is required to seat tubeless tyres onto the rims when using something like a compressor?

I tried 90psi with some Schwalbe Nobby Nics… no dice.

daern
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bike Co did a £50 voucher for £25 a few months ago and I used it to buy the Specialized tubeless pump – so far so good and it works well. Personally speaking, for £25 it wasn’t worth faffing around.

daern
    Free Member

Yes I can seat all my tubeless tyres with a track pump, but sometimes I just CBA’d

I would have said the same until I came to fit Schwalbe G-Ones to my CX bike. They absolutely defeated my track pump and nearly defeated the compressor I borrowed! In the end, they were the reason why I bought a proper tubeless pump. Great tyres once fitted and not had a single issue with them since though 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

Has anyone in the history of tubeless tyres ever managed to mount a tyre tubeless with a track pump alone?

It does depend on the model of tyre but usually Bontrager tyres go up no problem with a track pump, you don’t have to work particularly hard either. So long as one of the beads isn’t caught on the valve then it’s straightforward.

It can also vary from tyre to tyre: I put tubeless CX tyres on my singlespeed. Same tyres front and rear, same rims front and rear. The front inflated first time with just a track pump and stayed inflated without sealant. The rear took about five days to get sorted.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless inflator recommendations’ is closed to new replies.