Home Forums Bike Forum TRP Spyre Dual vs Hydraulics…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • TRP Spyre Dual vs Hydraulics…
  • hollyboni
    Free Member

You see!?

Yes I see:

I have Shimano brakes that are 8 years old and never been “serviced”. There’s simply no need to change the mineral oil. The dark colour is picked up from the seals and is not a result of external contamination.

I also see the OP saying he has been running the brakes for 2 years and they’re perfect.

I don’t understand why you’re trying to defend cable brakes to death. You can’t see the advantages, only the disadvantages, and because you don’t need something you think no one else does either.

Google ANY bike part and you will find forum threads about people having problems with them. This is especially true for BB brakes, and Spyres/Spykes.

This is getting a bit boring. Yes BB7s are perfect, hydraulic brakes are the devil. Go install some cable discs on your car and be happy. Geez! :D

IHN

I think someone missed the ironic winky face.

IHN

Ooh. stealth smiley face edit, ya bugger…

tpbiker
    Free Member

Slight thread hijack but spires appear really cheap on ebay from tiawan. Are they genuine? Also, given my caad x

tpbiker
    Free Member

Also given my caad x has a front pm and a rear flat mount, can I buy a set of pms and fit an adapter?

Btw..why does the forum keep posting replies half way through typing them!

epicyclo

hollyboni

…Google ANY bike part and you will find forum threads about people having problems with them. This is especially true for BB brakes, and Spyres/Spykes.

This is getting a bit boring. Yes BB7s are perfect, hydraulic brakes are the devil. Go install some cable discs on your car and be happy

I quite happily use hydraulic brakes on some of my bikes.

The people who have have problems with cable brakes would more than likely have problems with hydraulics if they had to buy the separate parts, assemble and bleed them.

lotto
    Free Member

Had TRP Spykes. Happiy used in Alps. No issues with year round grimey riding. Don’t go near hydraulics now. Mechanicals are an absolute doddle to service at home.

joemmo
    Free Member

Also given my caad x has a front pm and a rear flat mount, can I buy a set of pms and fit an adapter?

You could or you could buy one of each? Flat mounts still need an adapter depending on disc size and whether they go front or rear but they’re not expensive.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I found the Spyres on my Giant very wooden, good enough but not in the same league as hydraulics.  And the Spyres I wouldn’t even have said were as good as decent (caliper) rim brakes, except maybe in the wet.  A friend of mine suggested that alternate rotors and pads improved his but I didn’t keep them long enough to try it.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘TRP Spyre Dual vs Hydraulics…’ is closed to new replies.