Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,169 total)
  • Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me
  • smudge
    Free Member

Blimey Dave you live up to you're name !
    met troutie yesterday and believe me the photos don't do his lights justice. Like he said I am waiting for new stock of chargers that are arriving Monday/Tuesday latest, these will be going First class delivery up to him for next day delivery.

rootes1

Dave,

re the 15x xp-g

how hot does the case get – it looks not ot have any additional cooling fins on the card enclosure?

Si

Case gets hot, but internally I wired in a temperature sensor that cuts in at 60 deg. Max 48 watts consumed, of which about 30 to 35 would go as heat.

The FFS setting is only for short term use on fast or mega technical stuff.

I love these XPGs awesome efficiency and a decent colour output without excessive blue. Even the operating voltage is lower.

It weighs 800g with NiMh batteries. I've found a Lithium pack which is a tad smaller and would shave 100 to 200g.

I suppose Doctors Gate would be an ideal place to try it out. I bet someone here has already gone down there at night 😮

CountZero

All these juicy beams shot pics….
    Starting to make me regret having bought Tesla 4 now!!!!!
    Anyone from the Wiltshire/Swindon area ordered one??
    Rob.

d'you mean Troutie's light? If so then yeah, me. Got to build it up once it arrives, and I don't know how long the Arctic Silver paste and epoxy or the battery bag will take, so might be a couple of weeks before mine's up and running properly. Unless I **** it up and there's a teary email to Trout begging his help…

swisstony
    Free Member

Special delivery from Troutie yesterday, built up last night and tested on my 6am ride this morning. All good, pretty straight forward to put together and a very nice finished package, very impressed. Also tweeked my Trout Mk1 which is going on my helmet when i find a long enough bolt for the mount.

Gooner
    Free Member

what battery bagsare people using for trouties' light?
    i need to get one ordered

thanks

swisstony
    Free Member
    Gooner
    Free Member

thanks for that and the link

just ordered one

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Got a airgun one off of ebay, suggested by Smudge for the 5.2Ah, fits a treat.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Co-incidentally, what is the record for the longest thread on STW, has there ever been a 1000 post thread, because we'll be there soon.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

swisstony – Member
    lumi's little one think it's the pro

I hope your wrong as I've been told the Elite one fits the smaller batteries and that's what's on route to me once the posties pull their fingers out

CHB

I bought the elite too…could be embarrassing if the packs don't fit ;-(

JohnClimber
    Free Member

CHB – Member
    I bought the elite too…could be embarrassing if the packs don't fit ;-(

We can always look back through here to see who suggested the Elite sized bag and sue him for the £6 it's cost us 😉

CHB

I bought 3 packs. two for me, and one for a mate (on my reccomendation!).
    Would not have the cheak to send them back to Lumicycle! Can someone please clarify? OR (cheeky mode on!) Trout if I can pick a light up this evening then I can prove this is OK?? 😉

DeeW
    Free Member

Misinformation from Swisstony I'm afraid!

The Lumi battery bag to fit a 2.6ah 4 cell battery is the Elite: works a treat with Smudge's batteries. Also compare the Lumi battery price (£95) to Smudge's prices!!!

Built up my 2 kits last night with Swiss. Build all fairly straightforward and no problems. Evrything supplied except wire, silicone and Arctic Alumina paste. The housings have been really well thought out to make the build as easy as poss, but is still very fiddly: if you're new to LED building I'd consider the full build option!!

As others have said these lights are beautifully made and finished: a real step up in quality and looks from the Mark 1 Troutelight. This is far from a new an untested product: been through many iterations in production and Trout's feverish mind! 🙂

Yet to try mine out in anger, but can't wait!

ChrisTrout, and great to meet you yesterday. Don't want to fan the flames of those knocking Trout and the lights, but he's just a very passionate guy who enjoys what he does and seems to take pleasure in producing a product that many of us also seem to really like and get pleasure from. Great to see the 'little guy' producing a product that beats the big companies, and moves lighting forwards at a pace.

After meeting Chris even my wife hasn't objected to me spending all that money on a bike light: now that's a real endorsement!!

Pics later

Dave

CHB

Thanks Dave!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers Dave

Gooner get on the phone in the morning or drop them an email blaiming Swisstony

Gooner
    Free Member

i have just emailed them asking for it to be changed!

thanks everyone

CaptJon
    Free Member

I was planning on using the bag from my tripleshots.

Huxley555
    Free Member

Would be nice to know what optics people chose.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Are we being given a choice?

trout
    Free Member

Conrad
    pop round if you are in the area I can probably have yours done by then .

Nice one Dave maybe you should have come up and spent the day assembling with the speed you did those 2 .

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Trout, what is the purpose of the black covering (velcro I think) in the picture with the helmet mounted light?

swisstony
    Free Member

sorry chaps, i did say I "think" it's the pro, my solicitors number is available on request!

trout
    Free Member

Duggie
    it was experimental for mounting a helmet light ages ago
    did`nt work too well wobbled too much and the self adhesive glue is very strong so have not taken it off in case it damages the lid

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi Chris just wondering when do you think my light will be done?
    cheers
    nige.

trout
    Free Member

Hi Nige .

had a real good day today while you all enjoyed an extra hour in bed I got an extra hour in the shed .

got on a whole lot better than I expected

so am ahead of predictions

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Cool cheers.

JohnClimber
    Free Member
    CountZero

JohnClimber – Member
    **** me Trout light test CLICKY

Ummm, d'you think a pair of Fire Iridium Oakleys?
    Hi Chris, balance sent, thank you. 😀

Handsome_Rob
    Free Member

Hi Xipe Totec!

Yeah, i meant one of trouties lights lol, sometimes my mind is 2 or 3 steps ahead of what the fingers are doing, bits get missed out!

Be very interesting to see what the end result is. Plus, if you do end up needing a hand, im an auto electrician, so am no stranger to soldering/wiring and all that jazz 🙂

Where in North Wilts are you, roughly?

Rob.

happysv
    Free Member

Trout

Can you check your mail is working from me because i don't get any replies.
    It could be you cant get mail in the trouty shed 😆

montylikesbeer

Got back from Mabie this afternoon, weather GRIM but the lights were amazing.

Had a few pals down from Inverness who ride the puffer and want a set or two Chris, I have given them your details.

The baby trout was incredible,no pics taken but will get out this week.

Thanks again

CountZero

Where in North Wilts are you, roughly?
    Rob.

Chippenham. Exactly. 😉

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Another happy customer here. Cheers Trout, it's a beast 🙂

trout
    Free Member

happy

Sorry but spent the whole day not looking at emails and building
    wanted to get on top of the tsunami but went under at 20.00 last night

will need a day to answer all the mails now .

Gareth
    Glad Granny mail worked OK .

trout
    Free Member

Glad it was a crap day with the weather yesterday .
    might even try for a beam shot tonight 😈

CHB

Trout, sorry to distract you for a bit from you mission last night.
    The light is amazing and the dog slightly blinded!

For all concerned I can confirm that the smaller battery fits perfectly into a lumicycle Elite pouch, with room to hide any spare cable. Snug perfect fit.

nickhart
    Free Member

is that the stadium set up then trout?

montylikesbeer

Its the close encounters model eh Chris !

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,169 total)

The topic ‘Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me’ is closed to new replies.