Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,169 total)
  • Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me
  • Scottlacey
    Free Member

mail sent

scott

Gary_M
    Free Member

Has it really been a year Trout? Anyway good things come to those who wait.

stevemorg2

I've mailed you direct

Pete
    Free Member

Email sent…

trout
    Free Member

😯 OMG HELP 😯

I have been fitting a shower as ours went kaputt and come back on here after just checking the email, Never had so many mails that were not spam before. I will respond to all who emailed soon Please bear with me .

I cannot believe the response and If only 10% have a light then I am going to be busier than a very busy thing.
    I am nearly in a position to say a price for the light head and just need the friendly CNC person to give me a price for some matching mounts as I dont want cheap plasticy ones as they need to be fairly strong to survive an over the bar experience.

trout
    Free Member

Hi Folks
    I have tried to email all who mailed me yesterday but if you did mail me and have not had a reply it is because of my bad computer skills
    so please resend it and I will get back to you

Thanks Trout

tree-magnet
    Free Member

YHM

Thanks mate.

trout
    Free Member

Just been to the anodisers to collect these little beauties

which colour do you prefer.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that a matt and a gloss black, or just the same black twice?

Anyhoo…emailed.

plumber
    Free Member

Pink?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I think its a gun-metal and a black.

Trout, i wish id have seen these before i ordered my Darkness Obliterator in black, the gold is a really good finish, and would have gone so well with my bike 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

mmmm my black one looks nice 😉

trout
    Free Member

you are correct there swift gun metal and black the gunmetal came out darker than I really wanted

Picked yours up too but sadly in black now.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Blacks all good, maybe the next one i get will be gold….

sadexpunk

im interested too dood 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Trout you anything to do with these guys dsatr-led, the light got a good review in the latest cycling plus. More expensive than your though.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Must be Deesta?

trout
    Free Member

Gary tell me more .
    or better still a photo of the article to my mail would be better.
    I only know That Steve (Deesta) sent off one or 2 of his lights and one of mine to Whatmtb mag for a review the what mtb one comes out 23 sept.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I'll scan it trout and e-mail you a pdf – that okay. What mtb and c+ are both future publishing anyway.

trout
    Free Member

Gary that would be great thanks.

ok so your :wink:s is black then

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Gold would look lush on my Trek EX8!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

YGM

trout
    Free Member

OK you IT lot I need a little help here I would like a little trout engraving on the front square each side
    and the machinist is cool with that but we need to find a little piccy of a trout for him to use I have tried but my search skills are very lacking so please help me out here

Teetosugars
    Free Member

CHB

Hi trout, think you might need to post something more specific for this (will probably need an illustrator).
    What size area is the engraving going in (mm x mm).

I assume it's lasered rather than engraved? Do you know how fine detail can be achieved?

I work for a small tea company in Harrogate and might be able to persuade one of our very talented illustrators to help!

Do you have any ideas for the logo?

Just of top of my head, the word TROUT but in the shape of a fish (ala DARWIN or JESUS logo)?

Ta.

PS thanks for getting in touch with my mate with the HASE, he is very excited!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can I have mine sautéed with a little butter and white wine please 😉

trout
    Free Member

CHB

Not bad ideas in fact brilliant

the space is 14mm by 14 mm
    and it is engraved on the cnc he tells me and some of the stuff he has shown me is pretty good .

a yorkshire tea trout even better .

your mate left a message tonight on my mob so will ring him in the morning the pics he sent it will be a challenge to get it right but would like to see the bike in the flesh

Garry its grilled no butter or wine think of your figure

john_walker74
    Free Member

Trout, the light looks really good, I'm very interested – I'll drop you an email.

smudge
    Free Member

Please don't tell those pics were took on an ironing board!!

Finishes the lights of fantastico troutie, I take it the clamps will be anodised to match? Love the gold one 8)

saladdodger
    Free Member

blooody hell

those pics remind me of fred salmon ???? brand bars from the 80's

wors

Are you deffo not doing those 2 cell jobbies you had a while back? Or can you supply the electronics for it?

CHB

will have a word with a designer.
    Would really help to know finest point size (line width) the engraver can to.
    I suspect it will be more mongoram than monet to get max effect!

Drac

£500's good! Whats the longevity like etc?
    (Editted for Drac)

HUH?

CountZero

Just picked up on this thread. I. Must. Have. One. Of. Those Lights.
    Troutie, that really is a terrific piece of work, and the bracket is a wonderful touch, much better than bashing on a Lumicycles bracket. Anyway, YGM. Nice work, sir, chappau!

montylikesbeer

I'll send you a mail, would love one of the lights, superb work

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Any news on the cost of the battery unit, I have the price of he light.

trout
    Free Member

Nice little logo monty

CHB
    just got this back from the paul cnc man

Hi Chris
    I was keeping an eye on the forum last night. The response is fantastic.
    The pics of the anodized ones looked really good.
    I think its brilliant hat the guys out there are so responsive with the logo design.
    The smallest engraving tool is approx 0.25 dia the next size up is 0.5mm

Anyway if anyone does come up with a design then ideally it would be done on AutoCad and then I could down load it straight onto my CAD-CAM software.

However I suspect you may get a pencil drawing I would have to try and copy it or possible scan it into my software but I have not attempted that before but I think it can be done.

Cheers
    PAUL

wors

if you need an autocad dwg give us a shout, send me the image you want and i can trace it into solidworks and produce it from there.

allthegear
    Free Member

oo – yes please! I'd love one of those lights. Email on it's way…

trout
    Free Member

Cheers Wors thanks for the offer .

to answer your other post the self contained unit is in the USA lent to a guy doing a bit of racing and he is bringing it back later this month so work has gone on hold for that project .

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,169 total)

The topic ‘Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me’ is closed to new replies.