Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Trendy “work boots”
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Well mine arrived… Correct size now.

Big, solid and quite comfy. Imagine they will break in and soften a tad. Came with some beeswax based leather protector. Worn in PI%%ING rain yesterday – warm and dry. Just need to stock up on some thick wool/merino type socks but pretty happy.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Soooooo

They’re falling apart.

The sole on each heel is pealing away – it’s tacked on but doesn’t look like it was glued. And at the front of the heel on one boot the layers of cork/wood whatever it is, has started to split and crack. Also, despite having gone a whole size down, I reckon I could go another half size down. Sizing is way off, yet printed their size quide and measure my feet. They are getting softer and sloppier the more I wear them. Gutted. Sold as “work boots” but I can’t see anyone wearing these on a work site for any period of time. Bugger. Sending them back to Adelaide and will see how their 12 month warranty works out, considering I’ve worn them in total for about 2 weeks.

Back to the drawing board.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ended up trying on a pair of Timberland Earthkeeper Classic boots which were in t’sale with $70 off.

Not as thick leather but super comfy (sized down 1 size). Leather is quite soft and marks easily, but the boots have had a couple of coats of conditioner and darkened up a bit. Mixed reviews online. Seems like Timberland had a few issues with quality but these (touch wood) seem ok, but I’ve only had them a just over a week. Not as “tough” as work boots but a fraction of the cost of RM Williams (even Dockers are $250 here!). Bit more flexible and easier to wear than the Rossis.

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Trendy “work boots”’ is closed to new replies.