• This topic has 105 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pigyn.
Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Transition Patrol – Thoughts please?
  • jimr80
    Free Member

Scout owners,
    I have just purchased a scout frame which I’m about to build up and wanted to know how you find the Debonair rear shock. I have a CCDB inline which is only 3 months old that fits this frame from my old frame and was considering swapping on to this frame.
    Is anyone running the inline shock on there’s ?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I may be wrong but I thought it was designed to work best with the debonair?

thebadabing

Got the 155m version on my patrol and is fine. It tends to squeak though, which is annoying. Some mag reviews swapped out the debonair for fox. When my original debonair was stolen off my patrol the insurers suggested getting the CCDB instead so suspect it will be fine. one thing to note, the shock bolts are pain in the arse to source if you ever need any more.

poah
    Free Member

jimr80 – Member

Scout owners,
    I have just purchased a scout frame which I’m about to build up and wanted to know how you find the Debonair rear shock. I have a CCDB inline which is only 3 months old that fits this frame from my old frame and was considering swapping on to this frame.
    Is anyone running the inline shock on there’s ?

inline works alot better according to some people I know

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Well I found one 🙂 cheers Drover.

Can any owners tell me if the rear brake cable is external or internal?

Not looking forward to threading the brake line if its internal.

jamj1974

Just putting a deposit on one! So, so excited! 🙂 🙂 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Rear brake hose is internal and comes out under the bottom bracket.

One word of warning, you really need to get some sticky back 3mm foam (or about that width) to wrap the internal hose and gear cable in intermediate sections or you will suffer rattle hell.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers for the tip.

hugoagogo
    Free Member

Apologies for the hijack, are there any orange 2015 frames still about??

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

try cycleaddicts in Rochdale.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

or ive got an orange 2014 covert frame 😉

ddmonkey

Hi All – considering this as my next bike – does anyone have any feedback on durability after a bit of use? Cheers.

bigjim

I have the Smuggler and the only problem I’ve had in a couple hundred hours riding is the Monarch shock which died, the UK warranty people don’t seem to hold any replacement stock and replacement timescales are pretty glacial (months). There seem to be a lot of Monarch issues reported on here these days, but I wouldn’t let that put you off an amazing bike.

ddmonkey

Thanks Big Jim – if I did buy one I have got a CCBDA that I think will fit anyway so I would bung that on anyway… cheers.

bigjim

The Transition bearings are very well protected compared to the Giant and Yeti I I had before, I should probably take things apart for a proper look but I’ve not detected any grinding or looseness in them yet.

roverpig

Do you know if any special tools are required to replace the bearings (or how easy/difficult a job this might be)? I know Transition sell a bearing tool, but I think this was for the older (pre Giddy-Up) design.

jamj1974

First ride tomorrow on my new Patrol. Looking forward to it massively.

jamj1974

So went out on the bike yesterday. Despite feeling rough and low on energy – it felt brilliant. Really felt I sit ‘in’ not ‘on’ the bike, lots of grip from the rear end and felt it pushing as I exited berms. Despite running only an interim basic Monarch shock the suspension felt very controlled and supportive.

Only downside is I think I will need shorter cranks. 175mm are just too long for the BB height.

goodgrief
    Free Member

165mm on mine, I’d go even shorter if they were easily available.

jamj1974

I think 165 is going to be my choice.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I will be getting a Patrol as soon as the 2017s drop, had a go on an XL yesterday at Cwmcarn and it felt spot on, I’m 6’1″ anyone else on an XL?

jamj1974

Chris, beware of delayed delivery – mine I believe is one of the first large Patrol Carbons to arrive in the UK and only landed about 10 days ago, so 2017’s may be truly in 2017…

I’m 6 feet and a little bit with long legs, long arms and a short torso. My large with a 40mm stem and a saddle in the middle of its fore-aft adjustment feels spot on.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Anybody know if there is stock of medium or large Scout frames anywhere?

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’ve a medium complete bike in; can upgrade the shock to match the frame-only spec (the complete bike comes with a more basic RT shock; we have a Monarch RT3 Debonair from a build we did where the customer swapped it out for a Cane Creek).

We’d also be happy to split it if you didn’t need/want everything from the complete bike.

It probably won’t work for you if you literally just want frame-only. But if you need a few other bits with it, we can probably work out a deal. Happy to swap out (or sell without) fork/wheels/drivetrain/brakes etc.

pigyn
    Free Member

Haha I was just about to list our rolling chassis deal but someone beat me to it!

Also available as a frame + fork or frame + wheelset package at 10% off both or a frame only at £1400.

Last of the £1400 frames, so really you are saving £100!

Add a Hope headset for £59 etc etc 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Transition Patrol – Thoughts please?’ is closed to new replies.