Home Forums Bike Forum Training plan for sub-60 Alpe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Training plan for sub-60 Alpe
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I have a goal – I want to complete Alpe de Zwift in under 60 minutes. My PB is 65 minutes but that was a couple of years ago when I was probably a little fitter.

Where can I get a training plan to help me achieve this? To be clear I want a training plan to make me fit enough and not a timing plan on how quickly to do each sector.

Will Xert do this (they have just announced an agreement with Zwift)?

I currently use Intervals to track fitness – are plans available on there?

Or am I overthinking it and do I just need to follow a training plan on Zwift or the Wattbike hub to increase my power?

DrP

If you have Zwift already, jsut do a build me up training plan?

And lose weight..helps on the alpe!

DrP

eckinspain
    Free Member

Have you done it? What improvement did you see?

Haze

Plenty of sub-threshold/sweetspot efforts since these are the zones you’re likely to be riding in, looking to increase Time to Exhaustion so progressively increase duration or intensity each time or even reduce recovery between work intervals.

Don’t know what base you’re starting from but maybe try something like 4 x 8 mins at 90%, then 4 x 10 mins etc.

Introduce bursts to simulate some of the surges you’ll sometimes do.

e2a: IANAC

beej

I did a 57min with about 235w average at 67kg. Kept at a steady power number as much as I could. FTP was probably about 250 at the time. So what Haze recommends makes sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.