Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,165 total)
  • Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC
  • ninfan
    Free Member

but, the business would continue

Maybe the executive producer and the other two key presenters said it was a load of bollocks and all refused to go ahead with the programme in protest at the way Clarkson was being treated?

But then we would be back in the area of wild supposition based on rumour in the absence of facts…

It’s like the ‘leaking’ of a certain out-take where Clarkson mumbled something close to an offensive word, that could only have been got hold of by someone with access to the tapes… so it would also be an entirely feasible possibility that someone decided to turn a storm in a thimble in the canteen into something much larger because they were pursuing their own agenda!

mt
    Free Member

£150M that’ll just about pay for the taxi’s to and from Salford to London.

RustySpanner

Accoding to the Telegraph:

Clarkson, 54, is reported to have hit Oisin Tymon, 36, after being told no dinner had been laid on for the presenters after they finished filming for the BBC2 show one evening last week.

A source told The Sun: “Jeremy had a massive bust-up with one of the male show producers and he ended up smacking him in the face. Everyone was absolutely stunned.

“It was all over a catering issue. Jeremy just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food.”

The Daily Mirror quoted a source saying: “They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on. He just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food. He snapped.”

A source close to Clarkson insisted he was innocent and that “he didn’t punch anyone”.

ourmaninthenorth

PREFACE: I gave up watching the current format of Top Gear several years ago on account of it being rather boring. Anyway, not letting that get in the way….

Why’s everyone getting in such a tizz about this? I mean it’s hardly surprising, is it?

What surprises me more is that people seem to think that Clarkson is the most irritating of the three presenters. He isn’t. That’s James May. What a **** ****.

jimjam
    Free Member

That’s James May. What a **** ****.

No, the comedy stylings of Richard Hammond do it for me.

ninfan
    Free Member

Oh well, if it was reported in both the Sun and the Daily Mirror then it must be true!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… and he hasn’t been arrested for common assault. Why is that?

Also, judging by the state of him, he probably punches like a weak bag of flab anyway. Bit like “doing a Prescott”…

RustySpanner

ninfan – Member
    Oh well, if it was reported in both the Sun and the Daily Mirror then it must be true!

I didn’t say it was.
    Everything I quoted was from that bastion of lefty political correctness, the Telegraph, btw.

scotroutes

Never mind all that, 54. That’s fifty-bloody-four! He looks old enough to be my dad.

pondo

Also, judging by the state of him, he probably punches like a weak bag of flab anyway. Bit like “doing a Prescott”…

I thought that. I bet, if you hit him, he’d cry.

ninfan
    Free Member

Everything I quoted was from that bastion of lefty political correctness, the Telegraph, btw.

And if you bothered to read it, it was the telegraph quoting what was reported in the Sun and Daily Mirror 🙄

rumple
    Free Member

a 12 year old boy has been radicalized and has killed a man on camera for the world to see in a religious execution and people are worrying about 2 millionaires punching each other? what is wrong with the world?

RustySpanner

ninfan – Member

And if you bothered to read it, it was the telegraph quoting what was reported in the Sun and Daily Mirror

Yes, I know.
    🙂

rumple – Member
    a 12 year old boy has been radicalized and has killed a man on camera for the world to see in a religious execution and people are worrying about 2 millionaires punching each other?

How do you know the producer is a millionaire?
    How do you know he punched him back?

D0NK

And if you bothered to read it, it was the telegraph quoting what was reported in the Sun and Daily Mirror

so the telegraph reporting what other media are reporting isn’t the telegraph reporting?

I’m lost here..

Junkyard
    Free Member

There cannot be many jobs where you can punch , or attempt to punch you boss, and keep your job and still be a prep school educated man of the common people.

wild supposition based on rumour is a game we can all play, but so far it’s all on the side of ‘guilt by accusation’

if we are talking only in idioms then no smoke without fire.

Why do you think he was suspended then …Liberal conspiracy by tofu knitters?

lazybike
    Free Member

If it’s top gear, or another, singing/cooking/baking/painting/sewing/dancing “show”..well I don’t care who presents it, get someone from isis for all I care..

Junkyard
    Free Member

o the telegraph reporting what other media are reporting isn’t the telegraph reporting?

It s even more confusing now
    Is ninfan reporting on Rusty reporting on what the telegraph reported was reported in the sun and the mirror reporting or not?
    Well is it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There cannot be many jobs where you can punch , or attempt to punch you boss, and keep your job

Got one!

allthepies
    Free Member

Tube train driver ? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Got one!

No one likes a smart arse 😀

Well played sir , well played.

hora
    Free Member

Lets see what comes out in the wash huh.

Harry_the_Spider

If he did deck somebody he’s got to go. Irrespective of what me, you or Stuart Lee thinks of him. A shame, I like Top Gear without actually having much time for Clarkson, but without him it wouldn’t work.

£150m sales revenue a year pissed away over a plate of sandwiches. I bet somebody at BEEB finance is delighted.

Season 23, under a different name, will be new and exclusive on SKYONE starting November 8th and repeated every two hours on DAVE. I look forward to my Sky susbscription increasing to cover the catering bills.

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I reckon Hammond would be more justified.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

may, and I stress the may, give the Beeb the kick up the arse it so desperately needs

I’m not sure losing an hours programming for 12 Sundays out of the year is going to result in relaunching the Beeb, but we will wait and see.

I’m still not going to watch I’m the Midwife anyway. So there.

May have been justified?

I don’t think James May is that sort of bloke.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can get over being called a Moron 😆

Ohh the shame, ohh the indignity, ohh the irony.

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀 @ aracer

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No one likes a smart arse
    Well played sir , well played.

Well in here everyone doesn’t like someone, we need a poll to see who’s lost the most.

RustySpanner

Season 23, under a different name, will be new and exclusive on SKYONE starting November 8th and repeated every two hours on DAVE. I look forward to my Sky susbscription increasing to cover the catering bills

I hope the beeb keep TG and improve it.
    Or at least return it to what it was before he became bigger than the show.

Clarkson will get a Sky talk show, where he will have the opportunity to hone his ‘comic persona’/revel in his prejudice.

atlaz
    Free Member

Clarkson will get a Sky talk show, where he will have the opportunity to hone his ‘comic persona’/revel in his prejudice.

He already had one. It was dire.

Blackhound

How about the Duke of Edinburgh as a replacement for Clarkson? About time he earned his keep.

scotroutes

Too busy organising the control structures of the political and religious elite.

allthepies
    Free Member

The illuminati don’t run themselves, Phil must be a busy boy.

ninfan
    Free Member

Phils review of a classic white Fiat Uno will be an interesting one 😀

mefty
    Free Member

The Bringbackclarkson petition is up to 300,000, No more page 3 took 3 years to get to 240,000. This goes to show how much the British public like tits.

emsz
    Free Member

**** hell. Seeing his face on the front cover of every newspaper this morning was enough to make me taste breakfast all over again.

The level of barely surpressed man love on this thread is hilarious.

allthepies
    Free Member

The number of twitter followers he has is increasing at quite some rate.

(Clarkson that is not Phil the Greek*)

* am I allowed to say that on here ?

aracer
    Free Member

UKIP are running at 15% in the polls, which equates to about 7 million voters. Clearly there are a lot more than 300,000 stupid people.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Top Gear is one of the most entertaining shows on TV. I was enjoying this years show too.

I like Clarkson, he’s a ****, but I like him, and if you take his anti-cycling rants, or any other “non-pc” rants with a pinch of salt (as I suspect the show/he intends you to), he’s very entertaining.

I can’t think of any other shows I actually watch on the BBC to be honest…

johndoh
    Free Member

UKIP are running at 15% in the polls, which equates to about 7 million voters. Clearly there are a lot more than 300,000 stupid people.

Are UKIP supporters stupid? Please explain.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

First the BBC lost its edgy comedy. Then it was reborn and then they tried killing BBC3, BBC lost F1, possibly a watered-down soon to be shot Topgear.

Will they have any motoring content at all left or will it be dross and everyone else puts out quality output?

You mean dross like this?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsMGDuU8tA[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyjKmiqoKk[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,165 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC’ is closed to new replies.