Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,165 total)
  • Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC
  • edlong
    Free Member

And on that bombshell…

edlong
    Free Member

Ahh, suspended, but not by his bollocks, shame.

Still, he should know a thing or two about suspension…

emac65
    Free Member

Nevermind, I’m sure they’ll let him back in the herb garden……

cynic-al
    Free Member

He started a Falklands “joke” on the last episode.

Many many better men than him gave their lives for their country.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A “fracas”, now is that worse than a rumpus and a hullabaloo?

AdamW
    Free Member

@mrblobby more like a spot of shenanigans.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh no, he’s a Dick but I like Topgear, whatever they mean by fracas if he’s found to be ‘guilty’ or whatever the term is he’s gone – he was on his final, final warning.

deadkenny
    Free Member

on twitter..

“RT @robertflorence: Just saw Jeremy Clarkson cut a guy’s head off in the BBC canteen. Distressing.”

edlong
    Free Member

I’m a bit disappointed that they’ve also cancelled next Sunday’s TG – I’ve long thought that it would be an inestimably better show without the boorish one, and I briefly hoped I was getting the chance to find out.

Does C5 still do “Fifth Gear” or will he have to find another outlet for his talents?

johndoh
    Free Member

I read that as Filth Gear.

Now *that* would be an interesting show – perhaps with Suzi Perry and Gillian Anderson presenting it….

johnhighfield
    Free Member

5th Gear has been running on – perhaps not still though – on some obscure channel that I caught accessionally. Tiff Nedell, Jason Plato and others presented it. It was infinitely more watchable & grown up than Top Gear!! But maybe that was its weakness…………..

deadkenny
    Free Member

If he went to Fifth Gear I don’t think Tiff would cope with him. Beeb could get Tiff back to Top Gear though where he used to be, but then it might be back to the old days before it went stupid and actually be about reviewing cars (which admittedly is a bit dull).

But nothing will happen. Clarkson is still big money for the BBC. Slap on the wrist, apology, dust settles and and he’ll be back.

johndoh
    Free Member

Top Gear is Justin’s House to 5th Gear’s Drop the Dead Donkey.

sands
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

I read that as Filth Gear.

Now *that* would be an interesting show – perhaps with Suzi Perry and Gillian Anderson presenting it…

What about VBH?

wwaswas

Any reason they didn’t call it a bit of Argy Bargy?

woody2000

Or a ding dong for that matter.

scotroutes

The corporation said the presenter had been suspended “pending an investigation”.

“No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday,” it said.Looks like the finger of blame is only pointing at one suspect.

sands
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

That would have been the start of a slippery ‘slope’.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

More blinkin Clarkson malarkey.

cheez0
    Free Member

Good the gobby tosstard needs reigning in notch

aracer
    Free Member

Is it too much to hope the odious git is actually shown the door? Like others above, I’d be interested to see what TG is like without him – they could do lots of the same jolly japes, but without the bigoted neanderthal undertones he brings (TBH May is a lot better than him at doing proper grown up playing anyway).

rascal
    Free Member

The guy is a turd.

Edric64
    Free Member

Clarkson ,is brilliant and I find him funny

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

but then it might be back to the old days before it went stupid and actually be about reviewing cars (which admittedly is a bit dull).

Why would you want that? I really couldn’t care less whether the latest Vectra or Mondeo is better.

He’s a caracter/cariacature, the car bore down the pub who talks loudly about everything but knows nothing, that’s why he’s funny.

May’s not a bad presenter, but an hour of him?

chewkw
    Free Member

Are we switching to 5th Gear now?

matt_outandabout

wwaswas

– Member

Mexican wave off?

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m regularly told I sound like Clarkson 😕

I’m the same height.

I’ll let the BBC know I’ll replace him at say, half his current terms. Job done, everyone’s happy.

I might have to polish up on my bigotry though.

Edric64
    Free Member

I will do it or less im very nearly his height and dont need to practice being a bigot

jamesfts
    Free Member

Oh Noes!

What will the militant cyclists of STW have to moan about on a Monday morning now!?*

*I think he’s a **** too don’t worry.

ninfan
    Free Member

Confused

Is Clarkson an employee of BBC or is it an independent company that makes the programme?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Everything else aside. I thought he’d been on good form this series. That’s Sunday nights viewing beggered!

withersea
    Free Member

He can be a dick, but so can most folk. He will be sacked as the tabloids will have a frenzy on it. Guess the headline in the sun anyone? “Jezza brake down”, ” Top Fear, will the beeb sack him”, “Star in a reasonably priced sacking”

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I bet sky are already writing a new contract for him 😆

Northwind

I for one am enjoying rabidly speculating about a thing that I know nothing about that has happened involving a dude on the telly. I heard he shat in the producer’s mouth.

sands – Member

What about VBH?

I’m sure you posted that picture because you thought it was hot, but it makes her look like Mr Punch.

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=fpL9a-5LFpI[/video]

Of course, it would be just in time for him to run for UKIP in the upcoming election 😉

withersea
    Free Member

For the lovers of clarkson in the style of Marmite, sign up to get him back (although he hasn’t actually gone anywhere (yet)).

support for jezza

wwaswas

We’re they filming in Venezuela?

The Fracas in Caracas

tomaso
    Free Member

kimbers

Outspoken banter trolls (OBTs) walk a fine line, especially at the post saville PC BBC , but the amount of cash he brings in for the corp is a big deal

The problem is that as OBTs age, especially those that surround themselves with like minded ego massaging sycophants, will inevitably become cantankerous old gits and who wants to see them on TV?

Edit just seen his only 54! Thought he was in his 60s That’s what a lifestyle of smoking, and hating on cyclists and cycling does for you!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,165 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC’ is closed to new replies.