Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,165 total)
  • Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC
  • Klunk
    Free Member

? the physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness;
    ? it is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation;

think the police should be involved. sustained unprovoked attack!

wwaswas

I appear to be listening to Jonathan Ross on radio 2.

There’s probably a support group you could join.

mudshark
    Free Member

No loss – we’ll be watching the 3 of them on Sky soon enough.

So I guess they’ll re-invent Top Gear again, Evans says he won’t do it though, he’s an obvious choice really.

pondo

Do we actually know what the great pillock was in such a tizz about?

wwaswas

pondo – he decided to get to a hotel late and was told that he couldn’t have steak and chips.

ninfan
    Free Member

pondo – he decided to get to a hotel late and was told that he couldn’t have steak and chips because Oisin had not done his job

pondo

pondo – he decided to get to a hotel late and was told that he couldn’t have steak and chips because Oisin had not done his job

Oisin’s a chef as well as a producer?

Klunk
    Free Member

Oisin had not done his job

ah that justifies the assault then

ninfan
    Free Member

Does it? Who said that?

wwaswas

because Oisin had not done his job

not because Clarkson had made the helicopter that was due to pick him up and take him to the hotel wait for three hours whilst he drank in a pub then?

and, frankly, regardless of whether the bloke had done his job or not punching him was not an appropriate response.

ninfan
    Free Member

I don’t believe anyone said it was!

Klunk
    Free Member

Do we actually know what the great pillock was in such a tizz about?

pondo – he decided to get to a hotel late and was told that he couldn’t have steak and chips.

your edit.

so why the edit and what are you insinuating ?

wwaswas

so why the edit and what are insinuating ?

I didn’t edit, ninfan failed to do his quoting properly.

I think ninfan should stop trying to cloud the issue.

A bloke punched someone he worked with and has quite rightly lost his job. The rest is irrelevant except for a bit of stw bickering.

ninfan
    Free Member

I was just filling in the bit that was missed out

In other great news, it looks like the three of them come as a package!

[video]http://youtu.be/N6cfFnBNELs[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

it was directed at zulu not you 🙂

IdleJon

wwaswas – Member

Which deserted wasteland was this hotel located in, where there was nowhere within walking distance/taxi ride/helicopter flight to get to an all-night curry house? Was it that hell hole, the south east of England? 😆

wwaswas

I was just filling in the bit that was missed out

but you chose to ignore the reason that Clarkson was late as being entirely within his control. So not all the bit that was missed out?

it was directed at zulu not you

good here innit 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

wwaswas

Statement from the victim (no, ninfan, the bloke that was hit)

ninfan
    Free Member

I don’t believe the BBC report stated that Jeremy was responsible for them arriving late did it? Or are you relying on rumours again?

Edit, Klunk – regardless of Jezzas response being completley unacceptable (nobody has claimed otherwise) If it was Oisins job to sort the food, and he failed to do that, or inform the crew there was a problem with the food and they ought to pick up something on the way, then I can see why Clarkson might accuse him of not doing his job properly.

chewkw
    Free Member

Klunk – Member

? the physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness;
    ? it is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation;

think the police should be involved. sustained unprovoked attack! [/quote]

30 seconds only? Usually a good fight would last longer.

Tymon did not retaliate because that’s his choice. He did not stand up to himself that’s also his choice.

To involve police? FFS! I hope I don’t pay my tax to sort out this sort of minor shite. I bet there are people fighting and punching each others everyday and some of those fights are serious ones, whereas this 30 seconds “fight” is merely a hangbag fight.

JC could have punched that bloke a few more times because the consequences would be the same.

🙄

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It would have been better if Clarkson had somehow been made to make a public, somewhat humiliating, apology for the attack – citing that he had a drink/anger management problem – maybe checking himself into the Priory – and managed to keep his job, at least for this series.

If only to stop the loss of work for all the support staff.

That route might not have ended up with Clarkson a ‘hero’ to some – it could have ended up as some sort of public service announcement.

The BBC could have done a show about anger management issues, etc and had Clarkson feature…

wwaswas

I don’t believe the BBC report stated that Mr Tymon hadn’t done his job properly? Or are you relying on rumours again?

martinhutch

Which deserted wasteland was this hotel located in, where there was nowhere within walking distance/taxi ride/helicopter flight to get to an all-night curry house? Was it that hell hole, the south east of England?

That’ll teach him to stay in Wensleydale.

Klunk
    Free Member

To involve police? FFS! I hope I don’t pay my tax to sort out this sort of minor shite. I bet there are people fighting and punching each others everyday and some of those fights are serious ones, whereas this 30 seconds “fight” is merely a hangbag fight.

why are you describing it as a fight ?

it is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation;

it was an assault not a fight.

RustySpanner

wwaswas – Member

A bloke punched someone he worked with and has quite rightly lost his job. The rest is irrelevant except for a bit of stw bickering.

1. Denial.
    2. Anger.
    3. Bargaining.
    4. Depression.
    5. Acceptance.

mudshark
    Free Member

I wonder if Mr Tymon sought any sort of compromise.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t believe anyone said it was!

You have not said it over and over and over and over again for a number of pages 😕

Even you cannot bring yourself to even offer a tentative defence as his behaviour is so bad – is this a first ? [ genuine q that ] Still lets keep having a pop at the victim eh 🙄

don’t believe the BBC report stated that Mr Tymon hadn’t done his job properly? Or are you relying on rumours again?
    Pwned by ones own petard 😆

Northwind

chewkw – Member

So for exactly how long am I allowed to punch you before you call the police? Just purely out of curiosity.

ninfan
    Free Member

don’t believe the BBC report stated that Mr Tymon hadn’t done his job properly?

No, Jeremy stated that, just before twatting him.

pondo

If it was Oisins job to sort the food, and he failed to do that, or inform the crew there was a problem with the food and they ought to pick up something on the way, then I can see why Clarkson might accuse him of not doing his job properly.

But Clarkson hasn’t been released for “accusing Oisin of not doing his job properly”, has he. And there’s a big fat “If” at the front of your sentence that kind of renders the whole thing even more speculative.

wwaswas

No, Jeremy stated that, just before twatting him.

do you have a source for that or is it just rumour?

pondo

Jeremy stated that, just before twatting him.

Sauce, please.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There was an interesting debate on R4 about this last week, It was explained that while at first glance it seems wrong to treat the stars as god like and refer to them as ‘tallent’ which devalues the contribution of the hundred of other tallented people working on the shows. That ultimately that was the job of the producers, to make the presenters feel good. As soon as you put them in anything other than a brilliantly good mood the whole show falls appart (even actors aren’t perfect, let alone presenters), and that means everything has to be perfect, if they want a bottle of water then there has to be someone stood there behind the camera waiting with one, and as a result when things aren’t perfect then little things become big issues.

They had some junior pesenter talking about how you go into it thinking it won’t change you and you won’t be aloof from the crew etc, then you have one bad day, the producer tries to gee you on, it gets worse. Then the next day you realise that actualy just letting everyone else make you happy results in a better end product and just let them get on with it as it’s fairer on everyone as they’re judged as much as you are by the ucess of the show.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So for exactly how long am I allowed to punch you before you call the police? Just purely out of curiosity.

if its to knock some sense into him we may have to form an orderly queue and work out a rota system 😉

Drac

Sauce, please.

Peppercorn or Mushroom?

slowoldman

At least we got Gillian Anderson before it was axed. Phew.

Junkyard
    Free Member

As soon as you put them in anything other than a brilliantly good mood the whole show falls appart

Just do your **** job without having your ego stroked and your every [ irrational] whim and rider list catered for.
    Why do they need to do this?
    Cant the talent not act like dicks?

Dickyboy

Much as I think he’s a knob I quite like working with Jeremy

James May

😀

Drac

Just do your **** job without having your ego stroked and your every [ irrational] whim and rider list catered for.

Is that what Jeremy said?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,165 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC’ is closed to new replies.