Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Today is a good day because…
  • matt_outandabout

Because it was my son’s 18th birthday.
    His birthday wish was to be on a Munro at dawn.
    The mountains sure put life into perspective.
    I think we’ve turned out a pretty decent human being, illustrated by his birthday wish.
    After a 4am out of bed start, we were up and down by 10:30am, two tops done. The first summit was 1min before sunrise…
    null
    null
    null

null

null

breadcrumb

^ Where’s that like button?

I’ve finished work for Christmas today 😁

Which is just as well as the Tory’s will have sold Christmas off by next year…

Sandwich

Made it with 2 minutes to spare. The look on her face!

Needs the like button.

New road bike frame purchasing has begun. My first choice frame is no longer available in my size (boo). The better frame is and it may well be embarrassingly cheap too as a result of end of season clear out pricing. Christmas may be spent building it up and making sure it fits correctly.

Best of all it’s RED and they’re the fastest!

garage-dweller

@siwhite

Sounds good, whereabouts are you moving to? My immediate family is dotted around the Ipswich area, which is where I grew up.

We were tempted to go that way a few years back (also from Hampshire as it happens) the property price differential is eye watering but for me it would have meant daily travel into London and relocating my wife’s elderly mother.

Poopscoop

I think matt outandabout just won the thread.👍😁

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m amazed no one has mentioned:

Hog free breakfasts

Dogs that don’t bark

Tire Sponsored Air Ships

And not needing to use their AK.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I just lost Whamageddon. Oh, wrong thread.

Sandwich

Dogs that don’t bark

I have one of those, he’s great too.

siwhite
    Free Member

@garage-dweller – the new house is just outside Grundisburgh, 10 mins from my folks in Woodbridge and 20 from my sister’s farm in Fram. We will hopefully be working in Ipswich – likely at a site either east or west of the town. Seems like a perfect time – our son can start in the village school in September and we don’t have any other ties to this part of the world…

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Today is (also) a good day because…

It is our Monduro crew (middle-aged Monners who enjoy a bit of enduro) Xmas get together!

Revo bike park today and debrief over beers tonight! 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

Well, I completed my BaM19.

It was a trudge over the Burma Road and back in the drifts with a fully loaded bike and my right leg was acting up due to various ailments and the pre-placed trail bashing over the bigger drifts clearing not having been done by someone dragging a bike with them. But I didn’t die (not sure that makes it a good day however… 🤪).

stewartc
    Free Member

Looking forward to all those cheap UK properties vacated by earnest STW contributors leaving for Europe, its an investment boom…..if they go ahead with it

greenskin
    Free Member

Off to Holland just after Christmas, so if the exchange rate stays high, that’ll be a good day too.

spekkie
    Free Member

It’s 11am on a Saturday, I’ve had breakfast, the sun is shining and I’m about to hit the trails of Zona Zero.

This evening in the Plaza is a wine tasting of all the different farmers wines around here. 3€ to buy a wine glass and you can drink all night.

greenskin
    Free Member

@spekkie that sounds divine.

faerie
    Free Member

I still have a job to go to tomorrow after a new boss tried to get me sacked. I proved my integrity and productivity, using the managements own evidence against me and legislation. “Oh, what a web we weave when we practice to decive.”
    It may not be tenable for me to continue, unless there are some changes but Christmas and the new year aren’t looking as dire and desperate as they did last week.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Today is a good day because…’ is closed to new replies.