Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Today is a good day because…
  • tomhoward

I’m perilously close to getting a job, despite my aversion to the idea, but new job means new bike, so cant complain too much…

ads678

I don’t work Fridays!

tartanscarf

Cracking day here. Great works night out last night at Black Isle Brewery. Limited work today. Wife out tonight so can crack on with stuff (or fall asleep on the sofa).

chakaping
    Free Member

Got 8hrs and 2mins sleep last night.

Think I’m winning so far.

peteimpreza

We get to finish early today, so maximum effort at the brewery tap later.

I commuted by bike today.

My friend Mark is baking his awesome sourdough today so a breadtastic supper awaits later.

going to have an awesome pizza tomorrow at above mentioned Marks new place.

stwhannah

Zoe in the office (who deals with all your subs payments, and my wages) got a distinction in an exam she was super nervous about.

I have a few more days before my partner flies home (that will not be a good day).

We’re all going to put up the Christmas tree tonight.

I have prosecco in the fridge.

davros

Police just raided the cannabis farm next door and the extractors are no longer funnelling skunk fumes down my chimney and into my dining room!

davosaurusrex

I got up at half 3 yesterday and drove non stop back from Leeds to the South Coast to see my youngest in her last ever nativity play. She didn’t know I was coming and had been very disappointed. Made it with 2 minutes to spare. The look on her face!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I found a reasonably large amount of money in a pension fund I from the eighties I had completely forgotten about. Even the probing letter from the company asking if I could say where I used to live triggered no memories as the original company had been bought out.
    A fleet of Santa Cruzs await…
    Well actually just a new FS of some sort in the sales (Stumpjumper – I’m looking at you!).

Sort of makes up for never being missold PPI.

RustySpanner

I’m not working in an understaffed hospital today – I’m off to Wilkinsons HiFi to buy a new cartridge. And possibly some headphones to drown out the rest of the world.
    Samosas later.

LimboJimbo

My youngest is three today. Him and his brother piling into our bed this morning, opening presents turned out to be the perfect antidote to what should have been an thoroughly depressing awakening. All out for tea tonight and Thomas Land tomorrow for his birthday treat.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’m significantly richer than I was yesterday.

Me too.

Given that most of my constituency are convinced Brexit and the Conservatives are going to make Calderdale a wonderful place to live I have cancelled all my direct debits to local charities I’ve been supporting.

I personally think that things are going to get much worse so the cash needs to stay with the family.

mulacs

… I’ve just accepted a job north of the border starting in feb, moving back home after 10 years in the deep south. happy.

greenskin
    Free Member

I still have another month paid off before I need to think about a job of some description. Much needed chill time.

holdsteady

Klopp just extended his Liverpool contract until 2024
    I’ve got the day off work and house to myself
    I ‘ve just been out on my bike
    I am going out and getting drunk with an old mate tonight

gallowayboy

Only nine days til the nights start drawing OUT!
    Yesterday is over, the sun will shine, the family are fine, I might have an ale tonight, and MAYBE open the christmas malt…

TiRed

Some science I provided was accepted and I found out who it helped.

BillMC

…we finally have a doctor’s diagnosis: Stockholm syndrome!

cardo

Finally finished an 8 week bathroom project for a client
    I can see the light at the end of the work tunnel and its huge and bright and warm too !
    Bacon and Egg butty for lunch and Cottage pie for tea.
    Starting to feel festive.

theboatman
    Free Member

After a cracking bout of D&V and 5 days of living off toast and soup, I finally have my appetite back and have just been to my favourite chippy and had a lovely bit of fish covered in lashings of lovely salt and vinegar. My world is back!

bombjack
    Free Member

The rest of the office finish today for xmas, which means I’m on my own for a week.
    Happy days.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

I had sex last night

greenskin
    Free Member

Also, my beard is coming on lovely.

chewkw
    Free Member

Today is a good day because…

I don’t feel that cold even without switching on the central heating.😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

>10 working days till retirement.
    ..and as an NHS employee thak fk I’m away before the lying Blowhard starts really screwing with us

P-Jay
    Free Member

Only nine days til the nights start drawing OUT!

Even better than that… Sunset will be later tomorrow, than it is today, only 2 seconds, but the Sun has started her slow return to us! The lazy sun rise will be a few weeks yet.

In other news, I’ve avoid having to deal with our LL who we’re not getting on with, by fixing my own Central Heating, it was a COLD night in the Jay household last night.

Due to the collapse of my former employer, I don’t have to pay for my R2W bike anymore, it was £3400, I paid £260 for it, it’s not real compensation for all the stress, worry and graft, but it’s better than a quick hoof in the slats.

But as someone said above, the Sun will still rise tomorrow, the earth continue to turn. My belly is full (more than it should be really) and so are our Children’s, we’ve got a roof over our heads and I’m grateful for that. Even if Boris really is the Devil incarnate he won’t change that, as much as he might try.

plop_pants
    Free Member

my poo test for colon cancer came back negative.

P-Jay
    Free Member

my poo test for colon cancer came back negative.

For Poo or Cancer?

(But seriously, happy for you).

onewheelgood

I think the fact that this mess is likely to lead to a united Ireland is probably a good thing too.

scud
    Free Member

Having Boris Johnsons smarmy face over every TV in the gym led to a new best for leg press!! I think it was an anger thing, i went full John Paul Sigmasson

Yak

Pub lunch (sort of christmasy) and learnt a bit more of Rogate in my quest to skill up a bit.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Had a great walk round the Tate Modern today 👍

slackalice
    Free Member

Two working legs, arms, eyes n ears. Health is wealth 😁

MoreCashThanDash

Realised that while I’ve found parts of the Christmas build up quite tough, this is my first meds free pre-christmas in 3 years. Go me!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

According to the car’s outside temp guage, it was 20° today, it’s a bit windy in Southern Cataluña but planning a day out on the bike tomorrow when it calms down. My poo test came back negative the other day too.

Murray

My hangover has gone (may have been caused by last night’s horror)

garage-dweller

I am home with my family after two challenging but interesting days working away. I’m bloody exhausted, I’m eating some very tasty leftovers and have a decent cup of tea in front of me.

The weekend starts here.

Sailing is sadly canned due to weather forecast tomorrow so I will be sorting out the crap hole spare bedroom/home office and making it a nicer place to be for odd days working at home and domestic admin. So that should be a result. May even get to the gym but let’s not put a dampener on things.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yeah ..me too!( considerably richer than I was yesterday )..
    Early finish at work ..and a rare Saturday out with the missus tomorrow ..down to York Christmas shopping..with a nice meal somewhere !

siwhite
    Free Member

I walked away from the organisation for whom I’ve worked for the last 16 and a bit years, and now have six weeks off (during which time we are moving house from Hampshire to Suffolk, from a 3 bed semi to a 5 bed detached house for the same money) before we start with a brand new job and a brand new life in the countryside – closer to my family, closer to work (and I can cycle commute) and closer to the sea.

Philby

Both Labour Party candidates I have canvassed for over the last few weeks were both elected – one was a bit worried about whether he would get elected as there was a strong Tory vote in a number of wards in his constituency. So all those days and nights of getting cold and soaked have been worth it despite the national result. We are now in a little red island with 4 Labour MPs surrounded by a sea of blue!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Today is a good day because…’ is closed to new replies.