Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 225 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 3. Now its Wales turn.
  • SaxonRider

I’m much leaner and fitter than that bloke.

I’m not. 🙁

TJ, those are gorgeous pictures. Keep ’em coming.

tjagain

Well thatsme on Wolton court campsite. Totally charming place.

tjagain

Drinking beer with p7eaven in old radnor. Cheapest beer I have had in a long time. 7.80 for two pints

tjagain

View from the pub. Up a bloody holl of course

tjagain

That is one of the most surreal things I’ve ever done. P7eaven suggested we go and see some standing stones. Im in darkest Wales with some random from the internet and its getting dark. Of course its a good idea

welshfarmer

Need a like button

Caher

Like!

Cougar

Well I did not expect that of P7.

Are we due a new mugshot thread? Might dissuade some bickering if people are reminded that they’re talking to actual people. 😁

molgrips
    Free Member

Beard competition is getting more interesting.

Cougar

Win by a nose?

ElShalimo

Nah, TJ’s beard is a bit lacking

tjagain

I can’t grow a proper beard. If I try I just look like i should be sitting in an alleyway with a can of cider shouting at random folk

Bunnyhop

Loving this thread.
    No beard here :0)

dyna-ti

Up with the larks today then ?, a nice early start.

Whats the morning tipple of the long distance peddler ? Aeropress, jet boil instant, or hot water and a teabag ?.

tjagain

Jetboil with a french press attachment. Mmmmmmmm. One of my luxuries. Proper coffee from a tin mug. No plastic or ti nonsense

Bacon and eggs followed by strawberries and yoghurt for first breakfast. Im thinking about second breakfast already😎

Up early but slow moving this morning. Its a dreich morning but due to clear in a couple of hours

tjagain

All packed apart from the tent outer which i am underneath sheltering from the rain.

“This doesn’t butter any parsnips though” as my grandmother said.

I’ll make a move shortly. Going to check out some neolithic sites on my way north.

Houns

What’s the rough plan for today/tomorrow?

tjagain

Head north
    I might make bishop castle area. Maybe a bit further

tjagain

This morning was mainly about archeology. Found Offas dyke which looks nowt on pictures but is impressive on the ground

And a fort to which the same applies

Numerous totally unimpressive lumps in the ground

matt_outandabout

Numerous totally unimpressive lumps in the ground

Sounds like my garden

tjagain

Tumulous are usually pretty boring but burnt mounds are the worst

Cougar

Sounds like my garden

Sounds like my ex.

sandboy

I might make bishop castle area. Maybe a bit further

My parents had a caravan at The Green at Wentnor when we were kids. Great camping site within easy distance of the Long Mynd and Stiperstones. Shropshire is a lovely part of the country!
    Edit- https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=3121

tjagain

Camped up at bishop’s castle. Fab views from the tent or there will be if the cloud lifts.

I followed Molgrips route. A bit lumpy he said. I think you meant LOADS OF SODDING CLIMBING Molgrips.🙄😀

Im beginning to understand the game. Its send TJ up as many sodding hills as you can and I always lose 🙄🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️. Do you get bonus points for headwinds? Tailwind today but it ruddy rained all afternoon. Im going to console myself with cake

😀🚴‍♂️😎

tjagain

[url=https://keyboardtester.co/mouse-click-tester]auto clicker test[/url]

singlespeedstu

If you’re heading anywhere near The Longmynd I can recommend The Bridges in Rattlinghope for a few beers.
    There’s a camp site about a mile away too.

tjagain

I need to look at maps. Im getting towards the area part of my family come from and the nearest thing I have to roots. A village called Rushbury near Church Stretton.

bassmandan

If you pedal through my village on your way north I can promise you delicious cakes from the local coffee shop and precisely zero hills for miles around

tjagain

You village is?

Houns

Get yourself into the pubs in BC TJ. Three Tuns brew house is probably the best

Best route to Church Stretton is to take in the Portway and Burway, then reverse it to go to Ratlinghope (make sure you take in the Stiperstones too)

(Everyone shhh don’t tell him)

Houns

For campsites around the Longmynd then look up Brow Farm (close to the Bridges pub at Ratlinghope, not far from Stiperstones)

The Green Caravan Park at Wentnor (shop near by and nice pub up the road and a ok-ish pub onsite)

Small Batch campsite in Little Stretton (close to Church Stretton, 2 great pubs 50-100m away)

bassmandan

@tjagain

Tattenhall

There’s Beeston Castle nearby which is well rated if you want to continue looking at hill forts. Supposedly a steep trek up though.

tjagain

Ta chaps

gauss1777
    Free Member

FYI you’re in England now 😉 – thread title is outdated.
    Are you still considering a ferry to the continent?

Ambrose

Just a reminder of a previous piece of advice: have you had your jabs? 😉

jca

I’m not sure a ferry to the continent would fit it TJs plans – he would need to stay in the same place for at least 24 hours while waiting to get through immmigration.

sc-xc

A village called Rushbury near Church Stretton

I walked through Rushbury a few weeks ago when I did the Shropshire Six Summits. It’s a beautiful little village.

blokeuptheroad

You’re right in my Shropshire Hills backyard TJ and I’d love to meet up or invite you over but I’m a bit indisposed at the mo. Enjoying your thread and the pics, ride safe and keep them coming 👍

tjagain

Decisions decisions.

Cant decide where to go today. Nice stone circle a few miles north but i can see hills or do i go east to rushbury / church stretton area then find canals to go north on. The Wrekin where my grandmothers ashes are is further east again. I feel like doing some decent miles today. Been slow progress the last few days. Im hundreds of miles short of whete i wanted to be by now

Siting here drinking coffee in a state of indecisiveness. The only answer? Another pot

tjagain

I am still aiming for a north sea ferry to the low countries. I have family in the Netherlands that I have not seen for ages

Going south from there seems unlikely now tho. I have had loads of sunshine so dont feel the need for it and the body is starting to complain. Tendonitis in my left elbow. Arse has both bacterial and fungal infections. Knees creaking.im also several hundred miles short of where I intended to be by now.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.