Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 225 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 3. Now its Wales turn.
  • welshfarmer

ElShalimo wrote:

You can go to the Priory cafe for a late breakfast

I have already pointed this out to him!

ElShalimo

The Gospel Pass beckons ….😎

welshfarmer

Well I have just bade TJ farewell. 3 minutes later it started raining. It will be an interesting trip over the highest road pass in Wales for him and his trailer 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Hang on. My suggestion of the Bwlch was shot down in flames and you send him up Gospel Pass?!

It is the best route to go on though if he’s heading towards Lancashire. More options for much nicer roads in the border areas of Powys and Shropshire rather than having to deal with the A465 and A49.

tjagain

Bunch of comedians. Just nip up over the hill he said. 2 hours the climb took but i did ride it all.

tjagain

Thanks for the hospitality welshfarmer
    Here he is bothering sheep

Harry_the_Spider

Bunch of comedians. Just nip up over the hill he said.

You’ll have none of that sort of advanced bastardry here in Lancashire eh Binners?

How about one in the Rose und Crown followed by a trip to The Shoulder? 😉

leffeboy

i hope you were gifted a sheep to stick on your trailer.  Have you checked….

Who is the next STW’er on the list or have you managed to find a route to avoid them for a bit?

matt_outandabout

Bunch of comedians. Just nip up over the hill he said. 2 hours the climb took but i did ride it all.

Pmsl

tjagain

I have yet to decide where i am going this afternoon. I have an offer but due to going over the gospel pass its not really on route. I may hide tonight

bigdaddy

Well done, I’m another one that is loving watching this trip (and seeing what people look like for real!). A really positive thread – riding bikes is ace!

ElShalimo

Wherever you go you must have a pint of Butty Bach.

It’s a local law

binners

You’ll have none of that sort of advanced bastardry here in Lancashire eh Binners?

How about one in the Rose und Crown followed by a trip to The Shoulder? 😉

That sounds like a plan, then maybe up to the Eagle and Child, over the other side of the valley?

tjagain

I know what you northern lot are like. I will keep my wits about me

Ambrose

Fair play for going over the pass, it’s a bugger in’t it?! You’ll be in Engerland soon, have you had your jabs? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

and seeing what people look like for real!

That was actually a body double. I’m much leaner and fitter than that bloke.

dove1

This is a great thread.
    It’s what life should be about. Riding bikes, meeting friends and taking your time.

Keep the reports coming, TJ.

tjagain

Certainly taking my time today. 6 hrs to do 25 miles. For som strange reason i have done another climb this afternoon. 500+ feet. Im in the middle of nowhere 10 miles north of Hay on Wye. I seem to be in England as well.

tjagain

More random madness. A young couple in Hay on Wye insisted on buying me lunch because folk have done it for them when they go bike touring and on my way to the campsite I was aiming for I spotted a lovely very basic campsite with a wonderful view so pitched up there. The only one on the site

Houns

Ah too late but I was going to suggest Byecross farm campsite

molgrips
    Free Member

Which road are you on?

Guess you are near Kington?

maccruiskeen

I would guess it’s SR on the right in the pic as his appearance fits my preconception of an orthodox priest!

I’m thinking -crime fighting vigilante warrior monk known only as ‘The Padre’

tjagain

Im on a tiny lane molgrips. Not been near a main road. Holborn lane. Doesn’t seem to be near anywhere much. Brilley is the nearest named place or Brilley mountain

molgrips
    Free Member

Found it. The road at the end of that lane is on the scenic route from my parents’ back to Cardiff. This is quite close to where I grew up.

There are loads of pleasant quiet B roads that will make good progress northwards in really beautiful countryside.

Kington -> Evenjobb or Presteigne -> Knighton -> Clun -> Bishop’s Castle -> Church Stoke etc should all be really quiet. Lanes available of course.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Hey TJ I too am on a Welsh odyssey recovery ride – injury improving, overweight but dauntless. Just did the Mawddach twice and then over Fford Ddu. Tomorrow heading for your current neck of the woods by the sound of it. Am due catsitting nr Walton/Evenjobb this weekend. Will be enjoying a snifter in the Harp@ Old Radnor tomoz arvo/eve if you fancy a pint.

Nice campsite at Walton Court btw, £10pn (last year iirc)

Molgrips Welsh Marches route suggestion sounds sensible.

Marko

Hi TJ

Late to the party (holidays and work) but if you fancy stealing a canoe and drifting down the Wye I can pick you up at Brockweir and offer you food beer and ranting about the Tories – or any subject you fancy.

Poopscoop

You are finding some lovely little hidden gem, camp sites tj.

tjagain

Omg all these offers. I dont know what to do

Old Radnor appears to be 9 miles from where i am camped. Ill contact you tomorrow p7eaven

Marko. Sadly wrong direction otherwise that would have been great

Ta molegrips. Nice and flat is it that route?🙄🤣

tjagain

Poopscoop

Thats the beauty of travelling at random. Problems arise when it all goes wrong of course. The campsite owner just brought me a cuppa which is lovely

Its now pissing it down however. First rain off the day and the tent is up- just😎

Houns

I’m keeping an eye on your route and will try and meet you if I can (work depending) if you near the Long Mynd/church stretton then I can recommend some nice campsites and pubs

tjagain

Im possibly heading that way as thats where one part of my family come from. Rushbury or Wall near church stretton

tjagain

P7even. Were you thinking lunchtime or evening? Ill have to see how things are tomorrow tho. Decision making is tricky as is committing to things

Houns

Heh that’s where I want to be buried near there

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice and flat is it that route?

Lol no. Lumpy.

If you want flat you are in the wrong side of Shropshire. But by the time you get to Church Stoke you’re in flatland all the way to Manchester.

We had a cracking camp site at Ratlinghope, huge field loads of space. And drinks in the Bridges pub which was ace.

tjagain

Have a few more pics
    [url=https://keyboardtester.co/]key test software[/url]

View from welsh farmers gaff. Idyllic but perhaps not in winter😀

Sandwich

That dog looks worried!

p7eaven
    Free Member

Hey TJ understand if you want to crack on as I won’t be riding to Harp till tomorrow evening 7ish (am due @ Mach lunchtime) – but if you wanted to camp at Walton Court or somewhere nearby and have an easy weekend R n R – I’ll also be single-speeding (pushing the bike 😎) up the Whimble on Sunday and then roast dinner on offer if you’re into it.

Currently in broken tent nr Arthog and patchy network apologies if no further response until I get to wifi

P7eaven

tjagain

P7eavan. See what i feel like tomorrow. I could do with some housekeeping so it might work.

Cougar

Bishop’s Castle

Bishop’s Castle is ace. Seven pubs three of which have their own breweries attached and plenty of ‘farmer’s field’ style camping.

Or at least, it is when the beer festival is on. (-:

tjagain

P7eaven

Stuff i had to do took me a while so walton campsite and a pint sems like a good idea. Ill pm you.

How do we find each other tho? Copy of the guardian under my arm and a rose buttonhe?😎🤣

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.