Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 225 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 3. Now its Wales turn.
  • tjagain

Im very suspicious of molgrips classic hills as well.

Ambrose

The Bwlch in this weather would be a nasty thing to do to a friend. There are better ways surely? Perhaps better to follow NCN4 into the big smoke that is Cardiff.

Although coming in via The Taff Trail is always pretty good.

Ambrose
    molgrips
    Free Member

The Bwlch in this weather would be a nasty thing to do to a friend.

That’s true, it’ll be hot. Shame though, it’s a stone cold classic. I sometimes ride all the way over from here on some fairly shitty roads just to do it.

gnusmas

Finally, he’s gone 😂

Just dropped TJ off at Kidwelly to avoid the steep hills in this heat, now making his merry way onwards.

Was a pleasure to meet you and enjoyed our chats yesterday and this morning.

Happy trails and ride safe 👊

tjagain

Delighted to meet you and the gnusmuslings as well who are delightful bunch even if i didn’t know what to do with them. Side salad? Chips? Tartar sauce?

Thanks for the lift even tho i forgot a bag and we had to go back Doh!

Im assured there are no hills on this bit of coast. Hmmmmmmmm

molgrips
    Free Member

We’ve hoovered.

tjagain

Go along the coast they said. Nice refreshing sea breeze they said. Its a bleeding headwind

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re better off with it, I think!

lister

Only just seen this thread; sorry I missed the chance to meet a STW legend (you were 2 minutes from my house when you were sitting next to Pembroke castle!).

Hope the heat is ok for you as you head east, it can’t be pleasant!

tjagain

Just a gentle meander along the coast to Swansea today whete tonights victim eerrm I mean kind benefactor is idlejon. Lovely chap cooked me dinner and now its beer o’clock.

Hot hot hot today. Drank water by the litre and at one point had to soak my shirt in a pond as I was in danger of overheating

stwhannah

I am loving these threads. So many nice incidental interactions. It’s like an Alan Bennett play by bike. I am sorry I will be gone to the USA by the time TJ makes it to Calderfornia. Hope the trip has plenty of cold beers and tailwinds!

funkmasterp

I agree with Hannah, this is a great thread. Keep the updates coming.

molgrips
    Free Member

Shit I haven’t got any beer.

tjagain

[url=https://suwalls.com/games/kratos-god-of-war-3]god of war 3 wallpaper[/url]

tjagain

Only pic i took today

RustySpanner

What a lovely thread.

Was lucky enough to meet TJ and his Mrs once at HtN, delightful people.

If you make it to Burnley, there’s a spare bed, food and a warm welcome available.
    I’m sure Cougar will have already offered, it’s proper friendly round here!

Drop us a line if you need owt, be an absolute pleasure to help.

molgrips
    Free Member

You planning to be here tomorrow TJ? I have to do school run. Let me know if you want route suggestions.

Twodogs

Only pic i took today

I can see my house

tjagain

Dinnae worry moley

tjagain

You didnt wave twodogs

Cougar

If you make it to Burnley, there’s a spare bed, food and a warm welcome available.
    I’m sure Cougar will have already offered, it’s proper friendly round here!

I did. 😁 However the chips fall, we should probably sort something between us. I have a deeply uncomfortable futon, a really quite comfy airbed, a sofa or two and floor space for whatever camp bed TJ is packing.

Just stock up on antihistamines if you’re allergic to cats.

tjagain

Lankashire mob? Wrong colour rose

Ambrose

That’s the beach pupils in my school were goig to be cleaning today. Cancelled because of the heat/ Sun.

You said the wind would be against you- you were right!

tjagain

Of course it was . Its alway a headwind

Cougar

Lankashire mob? Wrong colour rose

Offer rescinded.

tjagain

Oh dear. Who suggested beer? I feel ropey this morning.

Twodogs

You didnt wave twodogs

Too hot for that sort of stuff

tjagain

🤣

IdleJon

Nice to meet you, TJ. Enjoy the ride up to Cardiff and try not to overheat too much.

tjagain

Lovely to meet you as well and thanks for the loan of a sofa and the introduction to Swansea night life🤣🙄

tjagain

Shit day today. Just poor planning and route choices by me. I should have taken two days and gone along the coast. Instead I followed ncn 4 for a bit thru the arse end of port talbot then it took me on a big detour. One nice section of old railway and I did even get a mile of singletrack. This afternoon tho I ended up mainly on fast a roads which I hate including by my stupidity a few miles of fast dual carriageway. Warra numpty.

Im camped up in Cardiff now right near the centre.

On the good side: The legendary molgrips is gonna feed me😀 and saxonrider might join us.

wheelsonfire1

Did you manage to go back for your lost “n”? You might need it later in the trip!
    I’m impressed with you cycling in this heat though, I’ve had trouble just sitting down and giving everything a good looking at!

tjagain

Molgrips me and Saxonrider

matt_outandabout

They have high fences in South Wales

tjagain

Its to keep molgrips in I think

Met mrs molgrips as well. Lovely woman with the patience of a saint

The molgrips fed me as well. Lovely kind folk

mert
    Free Member

How did the Merc look? Bits of air intake all over the living room floor?

tjagain

Not that i saw🙄🤣

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks TJ and @SaxonRider it was good company, best evening I’ve had in a while.

I was just going to grill sausages and some corn, Mrs Grips made a full meal! She thought TJ looked like he needed feeding.

I reckon he managed to put together the worst possible ride in all of Wales. But to be fair, it’s not really possible to cross the Vale of Glamorgan quickly and easily unless you use the unpleasant main road. And getting out of Swansea to the east by bike is rubbish. Geography.

tjagain

I have to say I am humbled by the response to this tour. Both in the interest folk seem to have in my meanderings around and in the generosity stwers are showing me.

While I am not fully recovered from my grief and trauma this has been a huge boost to me. Cycling is my meditation and my medicine. Meeting all these lovely people is also comforting and reassuring. Ive been shown a lot of love and it helps.

Thanks to you all

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.