Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Time for another SWT Zfift club Alpe Du Zwift SUB 60 ride….May bank holiday
  • DrP

I know it’s pretty far in advance, but the last time we did a STW alpe Du Zwift climb it was pretty well received!!!

If you’re not a member of the STW Zwift Club follow the link or join up, and the join the event I’ve created…

It’s a great opportunity to tick of a BIIIIG Zwift challenge…a sub 60 minute Alpe Du Zwift.
    The combination of the group effort, other riders to push along with, and the beacon shining up from my position, are a fantastic motivation to push you to that target!!!!!

May 2nd 2022…May bank holiday….
    1900….
    Come join the fun fun fun!!!!!

Link: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/2947173

See you there!!!

You KNOW you can do it!!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Aye, I should be up for that I think!

scotroutes

As I’m already 63 I’ll have to give it a miss. 😉

Vortexracing

6 days before the Fred Witton. 🤔

Not sure if its a good thing to do or not? Any suggestions for you guys who are used to training?

DrP

Vortex….
    I’d say 6 days before an event is a good opportunity to press yourself a bit (but.. this isn’t a sprint…so no reclining.. PACE….!) And then rest and recoup!

Come along!

DrP

stumpy01

I was 8 seconds off it last time, so will make it if I can!

Sounds good!

ta11pau1

I’ll be doing my own 1000m odd climb on the Saturday before, going up Snowdon! I’ll still be away in Wales until Thursday too.

richardkennerley

I’ll want to give that a go. I was under 60 mins last time (I forget exactly, 59 something I think.,) I’ll be interested to see if I can match given my recent inactivity! I feel like all fitness has seeped out of me 😤

cogglepin

Damn, would have liked to have done that but we will be travelling back from the sons at that time.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

After losing chunks of fitness and gaining weight in ’21, my general trend is the opposite this year so far for both.

However, only once in eight ADZ rides have I gone sub 60min, at what I still think was my peak of the last five years, just before the pandemic began. ~57mins when I weighed ~76Kg averaging 261W.

At 81-82Kg now, I’d have to average ~280W to go sub 60min now. My best hour this year, not that I’ve tried often to push myself beyond 35mins is ~247!

I did my best ever 20mins the other day (314.5W using 4iiii as source), but this challenge sounds like mission impossible right now for me. 😮

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Quite fancy giving this a crack.

DrP, is there a link to the event, or did you mean follow the link to Zwift club page? Reading the thread I am not sure if I need to ask to be a member or not now.

Learning to drive Zwift is trickier than actually driving 🙂

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’m up for that, will need to check on Family plans for that day but in principle count me in.
    Could do with the practice as it’s exactly a month before my planned trip to Ventoux!

DrP

OK…so it’s an STW club event so you need to be a stw zwift club member…
    Which appears to be invite only!

So, if you’re NOT a member, pop your zwift name down below and I’ll invite you!

DrP

robbo1234biking

@DrP you can open it up to non-members – just go into the event and change to anyone with the link. You can then copy and paste the link up in here.

Also for those who cant get under the 60 minute mark dont worry – you might still get a PB up there. The event isnt exclusive and DrP is pretty motivating!

DrP

Clicky here….

Cheers Robbo!

Here’s the link!

Anyone can join now….just clicky!

DrP

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Super, ta. I’m in.

simon_g

In for moral support (from a long way back!) and to see just how far off I’ll be.

Oblongbob

I’d be up for this assuming covid recovery complete by then. Actually, it had better be as I’ve got the dirty reiver between now and then. I’ve beaten 60 by quite a bit in the past but think it’ll be beyond me just now. It’s only an hour of agony finding out!

sturdylad
    Free Member

So I thought I’d have a practice this morning….

77 mins, I was reasonably happy with that although it felt really tough.

I say was happy….. When I uploaded to strava, my PB on the only other attempt 1 hour 0mins 1sec, damn!!

This means I have to try again and also begs the question how have I got 17 mins slower in 12 months!!!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Still not sure if I’ll try this with you all, bit late for my noisy Direto, might upset downstairs neighbours.

How is everyone else’s prep going?

By coincidence rather than planning, I matched the power average I’d need for sub60 the other day outdoors for ~36mins up to a local summit from just after leaving from home, still feels a massive ask to try to keep that going for 60mins when most of my workouts/races have been under 25mins since Jan!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How is everyone else’s prep going?

Well I’m planning on eating extra cake this weekend

DrP

roll up roll up!!!

Looking forward to this – lets try and get more numbers involved… I think 10 are signed up so far; not sure how many came along last time but was good fun~!

Here’s the link to join…

DrP

cogglepin

I misread the original post and thought it was the Easter holiday so might be able to make it to this now, got a road ride on Saturday, mtb ride on Sunday but I’m free Monday night hopefully.

reluctantjumper

Sadly 7pm is too late a start for me, pity as I was kind of thinking this might be a good idea 🤣

weeksy

7pm on by Monday, I think I’ll be drunk sorry.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Saw an ADZ race on Zwiftpower with 100+ riders and decided to jump in, as the STW meet tomorrow is too late for me. I was starting to struggle just past half way, then found my nearly at the summit legs before then really struggling to keep that going to the banner! Really pleased to do 56mins19secs on Aetheos frame with Roval Alpinist wheels, didn’t think I would get near my old Feb ’20 time going my best hour this year, nevermind beat it! 😮
    https://www.strava.com/activities/7071388585/analysis/481/3859

Good luck with your efforts tomorrow, 3.2W/Kg average should get you sub hour!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well it turns out my better half thought my evening would be better spent eating steak and drinking wine so I’m out sorry folks

DrP

Oh Brian!

See the rest of you soon!

DrP

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’m out too. Been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks and had full sign off from “the boss”
    Unfortunately today has been a bit of a washout motivation wise.
    Feeling pretty fed up today so I’m going to sit it out.
    Hope all have a good ride and smash some PB’s!

DrP

Just pinged a message up…. my OH just walked in after dropping kids at her ex in a right state….
    She’s gonna need some support right now, so I’m gonna chill with her…

(Also..no one there!)

DrP

Oblongbob

Horrible lingering cold for me so I’m out – sorry.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.