Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • **** this weather
  • lunge

It’s just grim.

I’m injured so I can’t run. Running in wind and rain is tolerable, sometimes even enjoyable. Cycling is just horrible.

I’ve never spent so much time on the turbo.

gobuchul
    Free Member

This is the worst May I can remember.

No sign of improving on the 5 day forecast either.

Klunk
    Free Member

MTFU! 😉

Houns

Unable to cut some of the lawns at work due to how boggy they are, they’re as wet as they are in the middle of winter (but with grass shooting up)

molgrips
    Free Member

Forecast is set to improve after the weekend.

I can’t even Zwift as the garage is full of materials to re-landscape the garden which we can’t do because of the dreadful weather.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hmph.
    Had perfect sunny crisp weather fur the Disley crew ride on Wednesday this week. ( After it pissed it down most of the day)

Did the Eastern Edges route with the family on Tuesday in beautiful sunshine. Could see the menacing clouds just to the south.

Had a bit of light rain at the weekend on our Peak round, but not much.

Nice enough for the Wednesday ride the week before.

Lovely sun at Llandegla the weekend before.

And nice weather fur Wednesday ride the week before that.

And georgous weather for the Lakes Three passes on 1 May.

Been a very lucky month. Generally shit weather, but always been excellent ( bar 1) the days I’ve been out.

Well happy ,🥳🥳🥳

Trimix
    Free Member

Is the crap weather something to do with Brexit or Covid ?

baldiebenty
    Free Member

Sorry, my fault. Took the Shorty off the front 3 weeks ago, Got 1 dry ride in and it’s been minging since.

jimmy

Likewise, put my Minnion SS on 2 weeks ago, will be swapping it out again for tomorrow.

But I like a proper wet ride, great fun.

But for coffee afterwards, **** this weather.

zippykona

All I know is that we had better summers when we were in the EU.
    Fact.

Kryton57

All I know is that we had better summers when we were in the EU.
    Fact.

PMSL

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I think it’s rained for a month solidly in the FOD now.

Ironically, a month ago this weekend, we were at the end of a warm, dry spell. Few of us had given up digging as it was too dry & it was hard to ride in a train as there was so much dust. Proper shorts & t-shirts riding weather 🤦‍♂️

I remember the forecast, thinking how much we needed a ‘bit’ of rain to help the garden & trails. Now, it’s disgusting. It’s Dec/Jan levels of slop, yet warm(ish) so I’m head to toe in waterproofs, and soaked in sweat.

I’ve barely bothered this last month.

jezzep

I love riding a bike in a good storm…
    Oh it’s just me then 😉

JeZ

scruff9252

Ironically, a month ago this weekend, we were at the end of a warm, dry spell. Few of us had given up digging as it was too dry & it was hard to ride in a train as there was so much dust. Proper shorts & t-shirts riding weather 🤦‍♂️

I remember the forecast, thinking how much we needed a ‘bit’ of rain to help the garden & trails. Now, it’s disgusting. It’s Dec/Jan levels of slop, yet warm(ish) so I’m head to toe in waterproofs, and soaked in sweat.

Sorry – during that nice, warm dry spell I bought some new shorts. The day after the weather changed. Probably my fault & I apologise whole heartedly.

In recompense, I have just had delivered an artic-winter weight wooly jumper I bought in the sales. Whilst it is perfect for today’s weather, hopefully it will herald in a change to warmer weather forthwith.

Alex

I’d planned to do the KAW next weekend.

We were due to start on Monday. Postponed. I’ve ridden enough multi-day events in the rain and wind to have served my time. Do it in July when we should have better weather.

I do feel vindicated in my decision NOT to cancel my Zwift subscription in May.

Riding MTBs outside tho… after the last couple, I’m going to need a whole load of small animal sacrifices and powerful incantations to summon even a soupcon of enthusiasm 😉

Keva
    Free Member

smust be my fault for fitting summer tyres last month when it was as dry as July.
    Now the winter mud is back.
    Was riding into work this morning and getting seriously blown offline whilst going round corners, nearly twatted a lampost in the park.

looks like the jetstream is waaay to far south, and when it does come north it disintegrates. Might have a few warm days over the bank holiday hopefully.

forecast <press the animate button>
    https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/jetstream

molgrips
    Free Member

This is the GEFS forecast chart. The temperature line at the top is the temperature at an altitude where the pressure is 850hPa, so roughly 10C less than ground level ish. The bottom line is rainfall. The multiple lines are the different forecast runs. So this shows it warming up, but also that there is likely to be only a few spots of rain here and there. I can live with that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, agreed Molly.

Ferry cancelled this morning, weekend plans in tatters.

Caher

Coldest April since the ice age and now the wettest May since Noah. Even the weather people look apologetic each time they’re on.
    Wind from the north all of April with a blocking high and then the floodgates opened letting in the delayed Atlantic storms.
    Supposed to getting better fir the bank holiday.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Hang on, I think its brightening up.

roverpig

Was it something we did ?

RicB

My water proof socks just arrived in the post

**** this weather. **** it with bells on!

doomanic

I took my mudguards off three weeks ago, sorry folks.

zilog6128

looking on the bright side, excellent weather for trying out the new Japanese map on Zwift! 🤣

Duggan

I won’t lie I find it hard not to take it personally, somehow.

molgrips
    Free Member

the wettest May since Noah

Lol

leondemille
    Free Member

**** the rain and having to still having to double up on Benadryl because of hay fever!

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t even like being in the house in this. I want to live in a warm dry hobbit-style hole or cave where I can go right into the back and not hear anything.

Flaperon

Mainly not giving a shit about the greenhouse gas emissions?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pouring with rain in Fife today but it’s been pretty dry up until today. Been bone dry and dusty for most my recent rides. Conditions were amazing in March and April.

mechanicaldope

Im camping in the lake district from 31st for a week so sorry, but the weather is going to remain **** for the bank holiday too.

anono

It can really go and **** do one right **** now.

Wind doesn’t really bother me, and a bit of rain in may is to be expected.

But ffs – the amount of rain we’ve had along with the cold – its a **** joke.

And after the past winter, we really needed  decent summer.

April teased us with some great conditions, now its all gone to ****.

teethgrinder

I’ve ridden MTB 70 days in a row (today will be 71). The first 60 or so were dry AF, with the occasional show shower that cleared up without leaving any mud. It was awesome.

The last 10 days or so have been shite, but glad I got a new waterproof from Decathlon when I got the trail pants. In Chopwell last night it was so wet there wasn’t really any mud. Just really dirty water with no clag to it.

jaminb
    Free Member

Sorry I bought a new boat in the last lock down – expect these conditions to last for at least a few seasons until I get fed up and sell her.

Houns

State of one of the lawns at work (photo was taken during a brief break in the rain clouds)

This’ll take a couple of rain-free weeks to dry out enough for me to get a mower on it

molgrips
    Free Member

Mainly not giving a shit about the greenhouse gas emissions?

I try to be as environmentally aware as I can but that’s rubbish. Bad weather isn’t caused by climate change, it’s always been there. Climate change simply increases the chance of weather for which we are not prepared, and increases its severity. Blaming a specific weather event on climate change is not very sensible – it’s not accurate and it’s too easy to turn on its head – when we get a good year or few years people will use the same argument to deny there’s a problem.

chakaping
    Free Member

April was amazing TBF, and I got loads of riding in.

Which is why I’m not too fussed about a spot of rain now actually.

And it does look like clearing up by middle of next week then staying dry for a bit.

reluctantjumper

It really is starting to get annoying now! Was at Windhill yesterday and if it wasn’t for the bluebells you could easily have mistaken it for February. Ground was soft, muddy puddles everywhere, biting wind, trees thinking of falling over as the ground was so soft for the roots and a stream running down the bridleway push-up casually washing away the new gravel surface. We even called it a day after 4 hours due to us both having trouble staying warm despite loads of layers and waterproofs.

It all went to pot when I fitted my summer tyres to the bikes and removed the rear mudguards.

Sorry.

Vortexracing

Its not only the rain, its bloody freezin as well

Never mind guys, in a month it starts getting dark early !!!!!!! 🙁

stumpyjon

Yep it’s the cold that’s getting to me, max temperatures of 11 degrees next week in East Lancs, that’s not late May temps, cold isn’t normally and issue for me but I do need a bit of warmth for some of the year.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘**** this weather’ is closed to new replies.