Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • **** this weather
  • jonnybike
    Free Member

if there is a god he hates us…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

We only have ourselves to thank for this weather. Global climate change and that.

garage-dweller

I blame myself, I put that faster rolling front and rear tyre on a few weeks back …

I only did it because I was bored waiting for my post Brexit unicorn delivery.

racefaceec90

indeed this weather can go **** itself.

and then go **** itself some more for good measure

jonnybike
    Free Member

the only positive is I was supposed to be riding LEJOG this week but I injured my knee so cant do it, lucky escape I say

ThePinkster

Do it in July when we should have better weather

😂🤣😂🤣🤣 I love the blind optimism on this place sometimes.

richmtb

Yeah **** this weather.

It was 7 degrees yesterday when I picked my daughter up from school.

SEVEN **** DEGREES

I wore my winter jacket

Northwind

I got super lucky, was up at fort william for 3 days and just got a little drizzled on- perfect weather on the uplift and a really gorgeous late afternoon ride in the forest. Started pelting down just as I was leaving laggan, hasn’t really stopped since. Dodged a rainy bullet.

kimbers

I actually did a gravel/road ride last week because I couldnt face the mud!!!

I made it out for a quick spin today before work, nearly got blown off a few times

and now my trains are down anyway!

fossy

Everywhere is a bog. Shouldn’t be still in winter boots in May. Not even taking the ‘training’ road bike out in this weather as it had a full refurb in January and I ain’t getting it filthy.

The old ‘rigid’ MTB still has full guards on, and that’s what I’m mainly riding – I still get filthy.

K

I re-winterised the hardtail last week, its been so **** that I’ve not wanted to take it out. even avoided bring a bike in to go on the Zwift as I couldn’t be bothered with getting wet fetching it!

Gunz
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better it’s in the high forties and sixty percent humidity here in Bahrain. It’s really unpleasant.

zbonty

I’ve just left work early as the neighbour has called to say bricks are blowing off our shared chimney stack..

crazy-legs

Everywhere is a bog. Shouldn’t be still in winter boots in May.

The irony is that April was REALLY dry – the Peak District actually had some dusty trails. OK it wasn’t WARM but it was nice weather. Now, within a couple of days, everything has turned back into a total quagmire and it’ll take another month of drought to get it back to anything remotely enjoyable to ride or even walk.

The canal towpath is just one massive long puddle. 🙁

jamesoz

The weather is clearly my fault as I haven’t had to work a single weekend in May. Don’t worry got a few Saturday jobs booked in for June, so weather should be nice on a Saturday at least.
    My apologies for removing the mudguards from my Hardtail too.

grahamt1980

If it makes you feel any better it’s in the high forties and sixty percent humidity here in Bahrain. It’s really unpleasant.

Well yes but that is hardly the fault of the climate there

tomd
    Free Member

But you’re in Bahrain. A place made tolerable by the worse option nearby.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The canal towpath is just one massive long puddle

Are you sure you are on the path?

CheesybeanZ

if there is a god he hates us…

She does.

twistedpencil

Ruing bailing on a ride yesterday now when it was only raining a bit….

**** this weather sideways with a rusty spoon

richmtb

In case anyone was in any doubt that it’s all in their head

https://www.theguk-weather-may-on-track-to-be-wettest-on-record-with-more-rain-to-come

**** this weather

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If It’s any consolation, which it won’t be, I’ve just driven back from Aberfoyle to Boroughbridge & it was shit all the way.

roverpig

Good to hear that some of you are seeing an improvement next week. Just looked at the Met Office forecast for next Thursday and it’s still showing a high of 10 C with northerly winds here in Aberdeenshire 🙁

funkmasterp

Finished building my new bike two days ago and it’s still sat in the shed. I would say this weather can get in the **** sea but it appears that the sea has got on the **** land.

Seriously **** this weather

reluctantjumper

The weather is clearly my fault as I haven’t had to work a single weekend in May.

I’m currently out of work and have thus had oodles of free time to ride all of May. Think I’ve been out 6 times! I can guarantee I’ll find work at the beginning of June and not have any time off until October so it’ll then be glorious weather just to royally make my life ‘complete’.

13thfloormonk

Ferry cancelled this morning, weekend plans in tatters.

Just watched the wee Lismore passenger ferry getting blown back to shore, 30km/h wind tunnel down Loch Lihnne!

Ach well, was resigning myself to a summer of strength training anyway to get over back problems, rowing machine in the garage for two months it is then!

IHN

I’ve just been bicep-deep in freezing cold water, in pi$$ing rain, unblocking the land drain at the back of house, as the water coming off the field was the best part of eighteen inches deep between the field retaining wall and the back wall of the house.

**** it to ****ity ****

cat69uk
    Free Member

Had tickets booked for months for Olivers Mount motorbike racing for Sunday. Nice ride on the bike from Newcastle, dont think I will bother looking at teh forecast. grrrrrr.

1981miked
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me who is fed up with the crap weather. I’m struggling as I’m usually out on my bike (motor or mountain) loads as this time of year.

Today barely got into double figures and it’s June a week on Tuesday. Went up to Ballo woods 2 Sunday’s ago and it was just a muddy, wet mess. It feels like February out there… and I’m sick of it. Sod this country for it’s weather, 7 months of utter drivel conditions. I feel like a caged animal.

Starting nose around for a cheap road bike and turbo trainer just so I can do something other than sit and swear at current conditions.

scotroutes

It was 7 degrees yesterday when I picked my daughter up from school.

You lucky, lucky bastard! Currently 4C here (Feels Like 1C according to Accuweather and they’re not wrong.)

I’m seriously not well over this. It’s gone beyond unhappiness and impatience.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Jumped on turbo before dinner thinking it was going to be possible to do a dry outdoor 100Km tomorrow, now Wunderground thinks it’s back to showers all day while Met Office thinks I’ll be fine if I get back by 1500.

It’s going to piss it down all day, isn’t it? 😡

MrsToast
    Free Member

This time last year it was glorious blue skies and warm sunshine. I distinctly remember this, as I was stuck in bed with my leg in a cast.

This year? Fully functional legs, new bike… and it’s endlessly pissing it down.

cchris2lou

South of France here, apart from yesterday it has been terrible this month. But turning good next week.

ajf
    Free Member

Took today off ages ago to go on a decent full day bike ride. Got to top of mastille lane in Dales forded a bridleway up to my thighs in water, rode through a new lake on way back down.

That was enough for me, went home.

Flaperon

Climate change simply increases the chance of weather for which we are not prepared, and increases its severity.

Which would be wetter summers and unusual amounts of flooding, all of which are happening consistently year-on-year.

welshfarmer91

Truly crap weather still got 400 acres of maize to plant managed to get 800acres planted before the weather broke but only managed 30 acres in the last 15 days, luckily things dry out quite fast in the area that I work in so with a bit of luck next week should get things moving again, let’s hope things dry up soon for all of us. Regret taking the Mudhugger off now, my arse is going to have to put up with the slop coz I aint faffing about with the zip ties again till the winter. Fortunately I have many sets of wheels and tyres so the hillbilly is back on the front for Sunday and if I had another for the back it would be on there too.

roverpig

I know there is a difference between weather and climate, but I guess a changing climate does make more extreme weather more likely and I’d put a month of northerlies in May into the the extreme camp. As in extremely ****ing annoying.

But it could just be because I took the mudguards off the gravel bike a few weeks ago when we had a couple of nice days 🙂

CountZero

I have to say, the weather at the moment perfectly encapsulates my current state of mind, which really isn’t very good at all.

I’m seriously not well over this. It’s gone beyond unhappiness and impatience.

I got to work on Wednesday, after realising what the date was, and completely went to pieces, and pretty much the same yesterday. It’s exactly two months since I lost my partner, and this incessant wet and wind and gloom is doing nothing to help me try to improve my mental state at the moment. I can’t even sit out in the garden in the evening and enjoy the plants that are coming out, it’s too cold and wet, and at work I’m wearing the kit I usually wear in December and January!
    I’m going to be on anti-depressants before long! ☹️

Poopscoop

Glad someone started this thread I’m ******* really ****** off with what is meant to be our ******* Spring!

gordimhor

My impression is that lochaber has been dryer sunnyer and colder than normal.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘**** this weather’ is closed to new replies.