Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • **** this weather
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Seriously. **** it.

molgrips
    Free Member

And **** it some more.

binners

And then when it gats backs from that it can **** off even more

the-muffin-man

At least it’s moist so that should help with the ****!

martinhutch

I like it.

Only kidding, **** it to hell and back.

Obviously, a wet May means we’ll have a glorious June, July and August. 🙂

kayak23

Mind you, amazing to be on the top of a big hill feeling the gusts hit you. Life affirming stuff!

Sorry, I mean, **** this weather!

fadda

First World problems and all that, but in May, I shouldn’t be getting wet and windswept on my 15 yard commute across the garden, surely…

Yak

Love a bit of sloppy slip n’slide.. Yeah, bring it.

**** this weather obvs.

molgrips
    Free Member

As bad as it is here I don’t think I’d get to the top of a hill. There’s no way I’m putting a leg over a bike.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

So absolutely done with this weather. Seriously. DO ONE

PJM1974
    Free Member

Every single ride I’ve attempted in the last three weeks has been met with a sudden deluge approximately half way round my loop. Seriously jet stream, get your **** together.

MoreCashThanDash

Quite glad this week has has been shit for riding – don’t feel do bad having to.put in extra hours at work or feeling lazy after Jab#2.

But it needs to get it’s act back together for next week!

twrch
    Free Member

I’m still not sure if the incredible weather last year was the biggest waste of a good year ever, or the only thing that kept us sane.

johndoh
    Free Member

The grass is going so mental out there that the small patch of artificial grass I have looks ill.

swavis

I’m still not sure if the incredible weather last year was the biggest waste of a good year ever, or the only thing that kept us sane

I’m very much with you on this one.

hatter

Yup, **** it into a cocked hat. Should be spending every waking hour I’m not working outside at this time of year.

I blame my mate though, his much anticipated new bike arrived recently, so this is clearly his fault.

twrch
    Free Member

Also, **** this weather. Didn’t stop my little boy from wanting to go on the bike to nursery, though.

andrewreay

**** it indeed.

Oh how I laughed just now when CRC sent me their mailshot.

Mud is as bad as it was in January and Feb.

ransos
    Free Member

We’re supposed to have dusty trails and sunny evening pootles to the pub. Instead, I’m cold and wet. Grrr.

Sandwich

Rule 9 applies at times like this. Some may also want to apply #5 too.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep. It’s really **** getting me down actually! Just rediscovering my love of bikes after a number of years away. Shiny new Hunt wheelset rocked up yesterday and the chances of me using them this weekend is nil!

geomickb
    Free Member

Don’t stress peeps, we need to sacrifice this summer, it’s all part of a bigger plan.

We need a wet, cold and miserable summer so that all the people having staycations have an awful time and mess off abroad next year.

hooli

Agreed and because it has been so wet, the trails are both muddy and overgrown. Normally I can live with being stung to buggery because the trails are at least dry.

footflaps

Especially compared to last year which was exceptionally nice.

I’m still wearing winter fleeces, normally they all go in the loft and summer wear comes out….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If I could post videos here I could show a video clip from my window where there was dramatic thunder, lightning and really heavy rain which suddenly transitioned into hail and then beautiful still blue sunshine.

The entire video is less than 3 minutes long

CheesybeanZ

It can #### right off, I’m so far behind with the mowing ,I’m 2 cuts down at most of my gardens- it’s costing me money. plus all the damage to clear up.

dissonance

The entire video is less than 3 minutes long

A couple of days ago after finishing I looked out of the window at a lovely blue sky and thought to head out on the bike. Got changed and hit the auto open on the garage door which happens to be facing the other way from the window I had just used.
    Then hit close again and went to get changed.
    A truly vicious hailstorm was just sweeping through.

IHN

It is officially Grim. Up. North. **** it indeed, **** it right up the ****

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Nope, I’m very thankful for this weather actually..! <hides>

Vaccine fatigue means I’m off the bike anyway, but we have horses and we need the grass to grow, and for the farmers to be able to get two cuts of hay this year as the weather last year meant that they only got one cut, which meant by the end of this winter everywhere was running out of hay and jacking their prices up. Two more weeks of rain, then a glorious summer please! 😂

colp

Can’t believe how lucky we got with the weather on Wednesday evening in Degla, result.

ashmonkey
    Free Member

I swear its getting vindictive. I sit looking out at bright sunny skies and think… I’ll mow the lawn, I’ll go for a ride, I’ll walk the dogs. As soon as I step outside it rains.

Go back in, the sun comes out…….

So not riding enough, dogs pissed off and lawn looks a mess.

Loughan
    Free Member

I would not be giving this weather 4 stars… Unless this is Single Duck World?

soundninjauk

My plans for May did not include having to clean mud off the gravel bike every time I went out. In fact they didn’t involve mud at all. That said I don’t mind a bit of rain, all part of the fun. The wind however can **** right off that’s just no fun at all.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m currently based 300m north of Farnham Park. I cycle through the park into the hospital and to wander around town when nothing else is happening.
    PB up the hill on the way back yesterday thanks to that tailwind.
    Also the benefits of being deep in the woods to the North with the good draining ground is great.
    But up around the exposed area of Caesar’s Camp or over at Hankley Common? Well this weather can just **** right off.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Not only did I have to cancel going to see family in Prestatyn this weekend for the first time since last July due to Covid rules, but getting out on my bike locally looks to be a challenge due to gale force winds and rain… The longest day of the year is in a month FFS!

Yay, more days off in the turbo cave, sick of the virtual scenery in Zwift this extended winter. 😡

richmars

Evenings get shorter next month.

jimdubleyou

I’d planned to do the KAW next weekend.

Looking at the pictures on the FB group, it needs to stop raining and be dry & windy for the rest of the week, otherwise I’m going to have to book B&Bs and not camp…

jimdubleyou

Yay, more days off in the turbo cave, sick of the virtual scenery in Zwift this extended winter. 😡

It’s ok – there’s a new island coming soon. :$

cp

Sub zero rides in may shouldn’t be a thing.

I’m totally done with it now…. Really hoping we’ll have a lovely Indian summer as some form of compensation.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m considering putting a mud tyre back on for the weekend. Hopefully that will have the required effect and we’ll get a nice high-pressure front come in again.

At least it dries quickly at this time of year.

Ah, who am I kidding, it is a bit shit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘**** this weather’ is closed to new replies.