This afternoon, I've been bodging….
piedi di formaggioSubscriber
Following on from this post…..
The starting point. Standard Brompton hub dynamo light, mounted in the usual very low position. The objective of today’s bodging is to get the light on the handlebars. Well, actually I’m going to swap the light for one with a stand light. This will be much better for London traffic and pedestrian dodging.
This is the replacement light, a Busch & Muller Lumotec Lyt n plus. It’s the same as the factory fitted light, but the ‘plus’ bit adds a capacitor so that the light stays illuminated for a bit wheel the wheel isn’t moving. This, as you can see, has also been subject to some previous bodging by me. The capacitor isn’t very well mounted in this light, so I sorted that and replaced the poor standard plastic sliding switch with the toggle switch you can see here
Few more pics here for those who are bored!Posted 4 years agoMrNiceMember
Good work there!
I spent a day last week bodging one of those mending plates to make a new mudguard mount. There just wasn’t enough clearance for it to run under the brake bridge so I cut a section from the middle of the mudguard and created a new bracket which extends over the brake caliper. Very satisfying, if ridiculously time consuming, and it gave me the excuse to buy a riveter which gave a much better looking result than nuts and bolts.Posted 4 years ago
The topic ‘This afternoon, I've been bodging….’ is closed to new replies.