Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • Things you see out and about and wonder why? Just why?
  • llama

transporters with bikes on a rack on the back

because mine is either full of camping stuff and dogs
    or the bike is covered in crap that I don’t want inside

in defense it does not get driven much

slowoldman

Litter

+10000

Oh and fly tipping

Litter by another name.

White dog-****.

I didn’t think it still existed. Anyway, that’s litter too.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Fashion. See also anodised bits on chavved up bikes.

Chavs don’t be rocking Hope components on their Carrera Subway.

Who said either the chavved up car or bike in question was cheap?

LAT

Litter

Actually, I think this might be one of my No.1 questions for the world..

i’m interested in why companies like mcdonald’s put their logos on their packaging. you literally end up with branded litter.

montgomery
    Free Member

People who wear big thick coats despite it being baking hot outside.

Were they riding an e-bike?

singletrackmind

People, often but not limited to females, on the phone whilst doing the school run
    Newsflash. There might be children around, some on bikes, some trying to avoid being punched in the face and have run into the road.
    Just because your children are safe inside a 2t steel cage does not mean everyone else’s kids are lazy as well
    What goes through your mimd love? , and what’s with necessity to park within 6ft of the school gate, will ypur child dissolve if it gets a little rain on it. Is it a case of other children can be hurt but not my kids as they are special. And whats so important im that phone that won’t keep. We know its your mum catching up about cash in the attic or some other non life enhamcing diatribe on the moving picture box so dont pretend its imperative that ypu chit chat away

slowoldman

i’m interested in why companies like mcdonald’s put their logos on their packaging. you literally end up with branded litter.

It might be fun to gather up a load, go to the drive through and lob it in the hatch.

ads678

I’ve done the sunglasses on the back of the head thing.

Being bald when I put sunnies on top of my head they fall off quite a bit if I look up. So I have been know to pop them on the back of head if I need to use my hands for something, when I’m in a place where I can put them down or for some reason in my pocket.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Yoofs with their hoodies done up like snorkel jackets, carrying so much ‘attitude” you just feel like telling them to smile once in a while and realise that there’s far more important things in life than trying to look cool (and menacing).

deity
    Free Member

‘ People ‘ apparently a french word from 1066 est utterly convinced their human because a few blokes around ftse 500 years ago undemocratically told said people were ‘ human ‘(

nickewen
    Free Member

1) Tailgating. It doesn’t get you anywhere faster*, it’s dangerous and probably costs fuel through a constant cycle of accelerate/brake. If you wanna get past by all means but if not please **** the **** off.

2) Speeding in car parks and cutting across empty bays to make up a car or two. Just sat in maccys stinking out my car.. with the bairn and seen 2 near misses inside 20 mins, 1 involving a pedestrian who nearly got wiped out by a speeding car!

*if they’re tailgating me there’s a fair chance they’ll get where they’re going considerably slower as I try to slow down and restore a 2s gap.

Klunk
    Free Member

why someone riding a £10,000+ scott aero weapon is wearing a helmet with a fixed shade ???

couchy
    Free Member

People who think buying an electric car is saving the environment, people who do anything on this tiny irrelevant island thinking they are saving the environment. It’s demoralising looking at the world and realising we’re **** anyway 👍

funkmasterp

Who said either the chavved up car or bike in question was cheap?

Tis the chav bike way. Carrera is the bike of choice. What you’re describing is just normal people who like anodised bits and you probably don’t like them. Bikes are toys, it can be fun to make them look like a cheese fest box of quality streets. Never seen a chav type riding an actual MTB

Flaperon

Dog shit in plastic bags.

I think people will pick it up if they think someone is watching them, but the moment they’re out of sight it’ll get ditched. So they know it’s wrong but they’re too lazy to carry it to a bin.

mrdobermann
    Free Member

People who say “can I get” why?
    Why can’t people queue for buses anymore. Could have a punch up every day over that if I didn’t hold my tongue.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It might be fun to gather up a load, go to the drive through and lob it in the hatch

I think it’s bin dun. Read it somewhere a while back.
    McDonald’s crap in the countryside is a good enough reason for me to have boycotted them for 30 odd years.

People who think buying an electric car is saving the environment, people who do anything on this tiny irrelevant island thinking they are saving the environment. It’s demoralising looking at the world and realising we’re **** anyway 👍

If EVERYONE drove electric cars it might help, but yeah I agree, we’re screwed.

convert

People who leave rambling whatsapp or messenger voice messages…….you expect me to find time in the quiet to listen for minutes to what you could have typed in a couple of lines. Or….if you want to do the voice not type thing, RING ME **** UP AND LETS CHAT.

Invariably they arrive at a time when I can’t listen or can’t be bothered and I then just forget to go back to them.

singletrackmind

Green dog shit bags. The colour of grass or undergrowth.
    Is this so, when you lob it in a hedge, it blends in and disappears till mid winter, for the next 20 years.

footflaps

The should really print the registration plate of the car ordering the food on all the packaging at drive throughs – that way all litter could be traced back to the real source….

zippykona

Taking a perfectly good breathable leather boot and then lining it with with foam and nylon.

singlespeedstu

Last night on a track that’s at least 40′ wide some one had gone to the trouble of placing some 3 to 4 ‘ wide sticks across the part of the track that most people ride on.
    This went on for around half a mile.
    Bizarre enough but I’ve cleared the same thing half a dozen times in the last 3 months.
    Must take them ages hunting round in the undergrowth for sticks.
    Takes seconds to throw them into even deeper trees.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Actually, I think this might be one of my No.1 questions for the world..

If I accidentally drop a tissue or something from my pocket (getting keys out etc) I’m devastated.. I’ll chase it down teh street.
    I literally think it would be impossible for me to chuck a plastic bottle or wrapper or something straight down on the floor.
    Like… I just couldn’t do it..

I’ve seen people dumping whole McDonald’s meal wrappers out of their cars when parked in alayby, then driving off. You’re in an effing car…just bring it home with you~!!

Scum

DrP

Couldn’t agree more DrP, I can just as easily get in the head of Putin than people who do this

Subhuman scum

anono

Not so much why as how  – particularly how do so many people seem to have so much cash.  Given that we’re always hearing about how tough times are,  there seems to be no shortage of people driving round in hugely expensive cars,  buying massive houses etc. If the figures are to be believed,  I’m earning a decent salary but feel like pauper when I think how much other people must be spending.

pdw
    Free Member

Some combination of selection bias, confirmation bias and credit. I suspect mostly the first one.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Tattoos, no one has ever been enhanced with a tattoo, even if you thought about it for 25 years.

matt_outandabout

Why so many people still uses a disposable cup, and why every walk they have said coffee cup in hand.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Same here DrP. I just can’t comprehend the mindset. Can I add people talking on phones by holding it in front of their chin like they’re **** Cpt Kirk logging his thoughts on first landing on a new planet? Put it next to your ear you utter ****!

I’ve had the captain kirk thing on the train it was clearly irrating a few people so i whipped my phone out and phoned made a call and loudly (but in the proper phone to face manner) described how it was really funny how I could hear both sides of the converstaion of the person opposite. He got a right earful from his other half 😀

People over the age of 15 who get on a train and then start kissing and snogging like they can’t keep their eyes off each other, we get it, you’re probably boning in the privacy of your own home, you may even be soul mates who can’t bare to be apart and you will spend the next 75 years together but you can probably last the duration of this journey without chewing each others face off.

squirrelking
    Free Member

My contribution for today is the fud that removed the fire hydrant cover, from the middle of the lane, and placed it at the side of the road. Presumably the cover is wobbly and they removed it so they didn’t have to hear the occasional clunk rather than reporting it. (I put it back because I’m not a sociopath).

Not so much why as how – particularly how do so many people seem to have so much cash. Given that we’re always hearing about how tough times are, there seems to be no shortage of people driving round in hugely expensive cars, buying massive houses etc. If the figures are to be believed, I’m earning a decent salary but feel like pauper when I think how much other people must be spending.

This. All the time.

Tattoos, no one has ever been enhanced with a tattoo, even if you thought about it for 25 years.

That’s your opinion, thankfully there are others because it would be pretty bloody boring if there weren’t.

Tis the chav bike way. Carrera is the bike of choice. What you’re describing is just normal people who like anodised bits and you probably don’t like them. Bikes are toys, it can be fun to make them look like a cheese fest box of quality streets. Never seen a chav type riding an actual MTB

Likewise your “chav” just likes pointless anodised bits and what you’re describing is people who like cars and you probably don’t like them. You think cars are white goods and that’s fine, just accept that other people treat their cars like we treat our bikes*.

I often laugh at the cognitive dissonance that goes on here…

*assuming anyone on here actually builds and rides their bikes.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I think I must be unique now in not having a tattoo.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Likewise your “chav” just likes pointless anodised bits and what you’re describing is people who like cars and you probably don’t like them. You think cars are white goods and that’s fine, just accept that other people treat their cars like we treat our bikes*.

This. I’d much rather start a conversation with someone who has modified a car or bike to their own tastes. Actually shows some creativity. Doesn’t matter if I like it or not, I’m just interested.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I don’t have any tattoos, don’t particularly want one but i totally get why some people do.

I’m less impressed by face tattoos and nose, tongue and eybrow piecing or those staples thing as the make me feel quesy but equally they don’t affect me in anyway so struggle to care.

funkmasterp

I’m now utterly confused as I’ve not mentioned cars at any point. I don’t really have much opinion on cars tbh. Bikes I like. Some have anodised bits and some don’t. I know plenty of folk who like anodised bits and none are chavs. Im guessing you just don’t like anodised bits and that’s fine. The chav part doesn’t make sense though. I’m dim at the best of times but now have no idea what you’re on about tbh 😀

I’d rather have colourful bikes and baldn ones as opposed to just the bland ones I guess. Whoever mentioned tattoos is the same. If nobody had them life would be much duller.

pondo

School run parents parking on residents’ drives, despite there being a church car park* not two minutes walk away that’s entirely empty during school run parent time.

* church and school are affiliated so don’t think they’d mind.

molgrips
    Free Member

It might be fun to gather up a load, go to the drive through and lob it in the hatch.

Great solution. That’ll really show the litter dropping customers the error of their ways, and definitely won’t just ruin some poor minimum wage worker’s day.

northernsoul

School run parents parking on residents’ drives

In a similar vein, school run parents complaining that the school doesn’t have a car park.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m now utterly confused as I’ve not mentioned cars at any point.

The OP was hating on anodised tow rings which was what I was originally replying to with the point that we fling equally pointless ano’d stuff on our bikes.

Literally the first post:

Anodised tow hooks/eyes on chavved up motors?

I actually do like anodised stuff, as you say it adds colour and a bit of uniqueness to say its yours.

bigdean

On the way to work in the middle of the road (the gravely no man’s land bit) there is a discarded male sex aid.

Been there for months..

pondo

People who wear big thick coats despite it being baking hot outside.

Seems you’re not the only one.

“Black man ‘not dressed for climate’ searched by Met police”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60882083

bigblackshed

I hate litter. But, McDonald’s, Costa, Stella, Strongbow, Lucozade, Red Bull, Monster, etc, are not to blame for litter in your neighbourhood or in your favourite beauty spot.

It’s the stupid monkey end user that throws it away without thought that’s the problem.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.