Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • Things you see out and about and wonder why? Just why?
  • reluctantjumper

I wouldn’t mind, I was joking but it appears* that all the traffic joining the 5 o’clock and 7 o’clock minis there is in the wrong lane (2nd from outside** of the one major, which should be joining the next but one mini, not the next) having only used the straightest line to get there.

The lane for traffic turning right*** off the centre looks in both cases to be empty.

*I’m unfamiliar with that particularly awful bit of road layout beyond its infamy so may be wrong.

**outside being furthest from the middle in this case.

***going anti clockwise round a roundabout in the UK hurts my head.

Having driven a truck through that ‘awful bit of road layout’ many times I can say that it makes perfect sense when you’re driving it and works amazingly well. Whichever way you approach it and want to go you always have two options that work at every stage to get the same result, hence why it always flows and doesn’t get clogged up. It does look completely ridiculous from an aerial view but from the driver’s seat it’s brilliant.

dc1988

Driving home today and a young man driving in the opposite direction was wearing earphones, I used to see this relatively often (now WFH so don’t drive so much). The car will have a radio, a phone can be hands free. What legitimate reason is there to be wearing earphones in a car?

nickjb
    Free Member

a phone can be hands free. What legitimate reason is there to be wearing earphones in a car?

You’ve answered your own question there. The earphones can make it hands free. Or just listening to music/podcasts on the phone.

trailhound101

People going to the Gym who park like twonks near the entrance (blocking paths etc) rather than at the other end of the car park, where there are spaces, and walk a few minutes. they are going out for exercise FFS!

dc1988

Earphones don’t make a phone hands free, they just block out any other noise you may want to hear, sirens, horns etc. You would have to put the earphones in using your hands. You would(should) listen to a podcast through your car stereo, if you’re using your phone whilst driving then it’s breaking the law.

bikerevivesheffield

@dv1988

Not sure that’s true

It’s illegal to hold and use a phone, sat nav, tablet, or any device that can send or receive data, while driving or riding a motorcycle. This means you must not use a device in your hand for any reason, whether online or offline. For example, you must not text, make calls, take photos or videos, or browse the web.

If it’s set up to play before driving and listened to via earphones I think that’s fine assuming it’s in a cradle

Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.