Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • There is a special place in hell for….
  • ajantom

People who overtake you when you’re indicating to turn right.
    Happened twice to me this week – once on the bike and once in the car. Arses.

Who would you assign a place to?

theotherjonv

Yes. 100x yes.

It happened last week, and she was stupid enough when I didn’t yield for her to give me a huge blare on the horn.

She then drove up to the back of a queue of traffic 30 yards further up the road, which gave me the chance to spin round in the road and ride back to question her choices. Very politely, of course. Her response was that as I was in danger of being squashed then I should take more care to stay out of her way. When I queried whether she’d seen the recent highway code changes she would up her window and refused to answer.

Cougar

People who talk in theatres.

reeksy

The Devil. Apparently she has a well appointed villa.

Cougar

People who overtake you when you’re indicating to turn right.
    Happened twice to me this week

At the old house where parking involved either a U-turn just past a traffic island or similar at the other end around a mini-roundabout, it was likely every other day for several years.

That and reverse parking. Indicate left, shimmy left through the parking spot as I pass, stop and slam it into reverse as fast as humanely possible, and some country and western will still drive right up my chuff and then start waving their hands about rather than just reverse two metres and wait five seconds for me to get out of their way.

zippykona

People who overtake you when you have stopped to let a car advance towards you when there is only room for one car.
    You then have to watch a complete prick reverse back to where you have stopped.

convert

People who send you looooooong tedious whatsapp or messenger messages – because they don’t like typing. But they are more than happy with you finding somewhere where you can listen to a message rather than quickly reading it and then, without seemingly having worked out what they were going to say before they started, ramble on for 5 minutes (across multiple messages) which you are meant to find the time to listen to.

If you want to actually talk…..ring me up…..muppets.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’ve had an on coming car overtake me up the inside when turning right, they “had to” get past the other cyclist coming towards me. The junction was on a corner too so she could see if there was other traffic either.

garage-dweller

Sticking to the overtake theme…

People who overtake you when you’re turning left with no thought for what they might not have seen emerging from the junction you’re turning into. Almost always at speed limit +50% and often without checking what’s coming the other way.

People who overtake you at double the speed limit by crossing double white lines through a cross roads at a known accident spot in a 30mph limit.

Yes **** in a silver Caddy earlier this week I’m thinking of you….

Wasn’t super impressed by the 90mph overtake by the little Seat 10 minutes later when I was doing a solid 60 in an NSL but illegality aside it was least executed on an arrow straight bit of road with limited other hazards and indicators.

To be honest though these people don’t need a special place in hell they need effective roads policing and some attitude adjustment with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick. I may of course be condemned to hell myself and out of pure self interest I’d rather not share my afterlife with these twits.

pandhandj
    Free Member

People who constantly sniff a runny nose on public transport.

I once sat beside a guy, Glasgow to Edinburgh train, who sniffed approximately every 15 seconds for the 48 minute journey. I could have murdered the ****.

And yes, I did offer him a disposable hankie, but he declined.

Thank the lord I discovered my phone could download music and had a headphone jack.

Phil_H

People with a bang and crackle map on their 1 litre shitebox car.
    One day I’ll snap and there’ll be a murdurrrr😠

ctk
    Free Member

People who leave their dogs shit on the pavement.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

95% of people. Annoying bastards tbh.

squirrelking
    Free Member

People who overtake you when you have stopped to let a car advance towards you when there is only room for one car.

Round here they just keep going and it’s usually the oncoming car that needs to reverse unless there’s a handy pavement to drive along.

People who talk in theatres.

And child molestors.

chainbreaker
    Free Member

People who have no idea how slip roads work.

You don’t slow down half a mile before the cut off, or gently accelerate and try and merge into 70mph traffic doing 40mph, any speed decrease/increase should be done on the slip road.

The amount of near misses I’ve witnessed due to these drivers beggars belief. Not as annoying as middle lane hoggers, but way more dangerous.

donald
    Free Member

The inventor of the corned beef tin and its lethal key

frankconway

…you?
    Ex wives/partners.
    Arsehole bosses.
    Shitty neighbours.
    Most of the British population.
    nigel farage.
    boris johnson and his odious father.

Cougar

And child molestors.

I’m so very glad that didn’t go to waste. Thank you.

davros

Hell is other people

scruffywelder
    Free Member

People who are too stupid to have their house name or number visible from the street.

Cause of muchly daily swearing in my job.

Also architects who design new builds with utility meters buried indoors in a shitty cramped wee cupboard under the stairs instead of outside cabinets. ****.

MoreCashThanDash

Oh yes

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

People who’s tyre logos don’t line up with their valves

singletrackmind

The follow through ers.
    There is a TNT lorry on your side of tge road.
    There is enough gap to let maybe 1 or 2 through before i arrive at said TNT lorry.
    But no. The car in in position 3 and 4 and occasionaly 5th in the queue all blindly follow.
    They can’t see if there is any oncoming traffic. It must be clear as the car in front has gone. Hes thinking the same thing. Dullard.
    I jusr drive at them now.
    Only cross the central line if you are absolutely certain that the car on the correct side of the road has seen you and is willing and able to either stop or move into the gutter to give you enough room to safely complete the move. Whether the car on tge correct side of the road should stop debatable. I say no, but on occasions its worth it for traffic flow. Broken down horse box with some pretty blonde thing blocking g the road. 2 cars my side, 100 the other. I would stop and let a tranche through.

johnnystorm

People who can’t keep to a consistent speed on a dual carriageway or Motorway, particularly those whose cars MUST have cruise control fitted.

Either fast downhill and then slow back up or those that instantly speed up as you pass by as they’ve noticed they’re now doing 58mph. 😤

fossy

Drivers overtaking you on a 90 degree bend – you get special loud voice abuse. Unless you’ve got a high performance car, there is no way you an go round that corner as qick as I can on a road bike – I’ve yet to see a motorbike keep up in 35 years of riding round these bends.

ajantom

Broken down horse box with some pretty blonde thing blocking g the road. 2 cars my side, 100 the other. I would stop and let a tranche through.

Yes, but you can almost guarantee that the ****-knuckle behind you would get annoyed and then overtake you into the traffic you are letting through.

jamesoz

People who park at a petrol pump to buy snacks.

People who enter a roundabout at daft speeds, then get angry if a slower vehicle gets in their way.

40mph everywhere brigade

Random Brakes on empty road

Accelerates whilst being overtaken

Overtakes then brakes

I could go on.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Me.
    Given that I doubt most of these people will end up in hell it seems like the ideal place to get away from them all.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I imagine hell would run out of special places once you cram in anyone involved in with Cameron announcing that non-binding referendum and what has happened since in the UK. 😉

gwaelod
    Free Member

People in inside lane at a roadworks queue who drift over half way into next lane to deliberatly block people who are trying to make more efficient use of the space.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

People who can’t keep to a consistent speed on a dual carriageway or Motorway, particularly those whose cars MUST have cruise control fitted.

Either fast downhill and then slow back up or those that instantly speed up as you pass by as they’ve noticed they’re now doing 58mph

Cruise control is a pain if it’s busy unless everyone’s using it. On a busy m/way you’re forever fiddling about with the buttons to adjust your speed & braking anyway. Just need learn to keep their foot in the same place on the go pedal & watch the speedo.

There’s a place in hell especially for politicians. It’s packed with them from all parties.

judetheobscure
    Free Member

Hypocrites, definitely hypocrites (and boy aren’t there a lot of them around at the moment)

Caher

People who cut you up on a roundabout because they chose the wrong lane.

Kuco

People who insist on shooting pass on a roundabout and then cut you up just to get one car in front. Had some prick do this to me Friday.

Cougar

People who cut you up on a roundabout because they chose the wrong lane.

People who cut you up on a roundabout because they chose both lanes. I’ll happily straight-line them all day, but if not there’s some bugger else already in the other lane.

ElShalimo

The local estate agent who sent us a flyer that starts with “Wanting to sell your house?”

stumpyjon

People that ride past 2 men at work signs and a trail closed sign and when you ask please can you walk past the bit of trail I’m currently repairing reply no I’m alright. It wasnt a request you *******.

Yes I’ve been trail building today, most people were great but a few……maybe next time we will just close the whole trail.

fazzini

30+ year old chipboard flooring

redmex
    Free Member

Drivers at traffic lights when light turns green, stop chatting to their passenger, take ages to engage gear, release handbrake and pull away slowly and us behind either have to wait another 5 mins or jump the red light. Usually retired folk possibly some from here as there seems to be a good few early retirees on cracking pensions. Only jokin don’t take offence

gowerboy

Oil company executives, motor company executives, airline executives, car obsessed highways planners, and whoever invented the jetski. Oh, and the Tory leadership.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.