Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • There is a special place in hell for….
  • ElShalimo

Harley Davidson riders – we rode to the nice cafe in Feizor a couple of summers ago and some prick decided that he needed to warm his engine up (on a baking hot day) before departing.

The result was 5 mins of needless loud noise destroying the peace and quiet and the stench of unburnt fuel ruining the taste of the food. When an old lady told him he was ruining their lunch he got shirty, so I went over and had a not-very-quiet-nor-polite word with him

gardentiger
    Free Member

^^^^^

I believe this is the gold standard for dealing with such situations….

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

People who allow their children/dog/etc to break your X, know that their children/dog/etc have broken your X, then pretend it didn’t happen, pretend the X was already broken, and don’t own up or apologise or offer to fix it somehow.

johndoh
    Free Member

People that ring up the office enquiring about a position that we are advertising for and say ‘I know your advert says no recruiters, however…’

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ebay chancers / morons.

“will you take £xyz to end this auction early?”

the item that is currently at 5 times xyz?

no

“will you post it?”

what, the “collection only” item? no

“will you post to Greece / Kazakhstan / Bolivia?”

what, the “UK post only” item? no

etc.

gardentiger
    Free Member

^^^^

Pretty much everyone who uses FB Marketplace. I thought FleaBay was bad enough but FB Marketplace really is a dickhead magnet.

I reckon only about 1 in 10 people on FBM turn up on time, in a suitable vehicle, pay the agreed price and then **** off like you’re supposed to. The other nine show up late, don’t show up at all, bring a 2-seater to collect ladders etc or try to ‘negotiate’ the price at the end.

On one occasion I have actually been forced to say “the price you have agreed to is £50, if you don’t want to pay £50, give me the stuff back and **** off, take it or leave it”. I was then accused of being rude despite the fact that I had already made the same point about eight times in more diplomatic ways.

lunge

People who can’t keep to a consistent speed on a dual carriageway or Motorway, particularly those whose cars MUST have cruise control fitted.

This. This so much. I was taught that one of the basics of motorway driving is keeping a constant speed, so many people don’t.

Cruise control is a pain if it’s busy unless everyone’s using it. On a busy m/way you’re forever fiddling about with the buttons to adjust your speed & braking anyway. Just need learn to keep their foot in the same place on the go pedal & watch the speedo.

Isn’t the latter what cruise control is?

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ Not quite related but I quite like the American model (well Californian anyway – I don’t know if it’s the same everywhere) – only people with 2+ people in can use the outside lane and once you are in it you have to stay in it (apart from in certain zones before and after junctions) so you never have people undertaking and then pulling in. It makes it quite pleasant and easy to drive as you can set the cruise control with a decent gap to the cars in front and be happy in the knowledge nobody is suddenly going to fill the gap.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Outdoor vloggers who saunter about mountains with an selfie cam in one hand and a tescos carrier bag in the other.

Surely they can’t just rely on their teeth to break their fall?

tomhoward

People who substitute a sense of humour with a constant barrage of quotes from sitcoms, more specifically Friends and The Simpsons.

In unrelated news, I have a new colleague at work.

gardentiger
    Free Member

And plans to submit a request for a new outdoor communal space at work – like a patio, for example?

ElShalimo

Crows and Magpies, in fact most murderous corvids

Jays are completely different though. That flash of blue redeems them

jimmy748

People who do not cut cable tie ends off flush.

Blackflag
    Free Member

People who fly drones up and down along normally quiet mountain hillsides spoiling everyone else’s peace and tranquility. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

theotherjonv

How they doin’?

Drac

People who can’t accept that breaking the forum rules will lead to a warning or a ban from the mods.

People who use 4 dots for an ellipsis…

Blackflag
    Free Member

People who use 4 dots for an ellipsis…

unless its 3 dots and then a full stop….

pothead
    Free Member

People who pick up their dogs s*** in a plastic bag then hang it in a tree

Drac

unless its 3 dots and then a full stop….

That’s worse.

MoreCashThanDash

How they doin’?

Great work 👏 👍

ElShalimo

People who don’t eat the crusts.

Excuses can vary but the notion that the crust is a sacrificial lamb to protect the rest of the loaf is bewildering

johnners
    Free Member

Powered paragliders – self-absorbed dickweeds intent on oh-so-slowly trailing a cone of ungodly racket over a stretch of coastline near you.

sargey

Sweaty ars#d truckers on the a42 north who pull out to overtake another sweaty ars#d trucker who is doing a tenth of a mph slower than them and make the overtake last a good five minutes.

hot_fiat

Immature halfwit in-law siblings who call you up at 11:30pm, drunk, from the middle of Liverpool, to bemoan other middle-distance family.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

England,the native land of the hypocrite.

chakaping
    Free Member

People who do not cut cable tie ends off flush.

I’m going to get round to tidying them up.

Maybe.

ajantom

People who shout ‘nearly there’ at you when you’re puffing up a steep hill.

On a similar note…
    Ebikers who steam past you up a hill making a comment along the lines of ‘steep isn’t it’.

Normally they then hold you up on the following downhill.

Kuco

The Blades display team, wait till it’s a lovely nice quiet day then these irritating bastards start practicing with constant droning noise. I’d love to try some of these Stinger missiles on them.

Also **** that don’t indicate.

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Havent read all the posts so apologies if this has been said, but people who walk on the path with zero spatial awareness, how hard is it to be aware of whats going on around you.

I walk faster than most people, went to walk past one woman who was all over the shop, i went to go past on the right, nope diagonally across my path, stopped went left and round her that way, no idea i was even there, staring at her phone.

boils my pee

nickewen
    Free Member

haha! Yeah that one boils my piss too.. had it just now walking through town on my lunch. I actually shoulder check when walking in busy places before changing direction.. anyone else transfer this over from cycling?!

ElShalimo

People who make scrambled eggs that ends up like a weird omelette hybrid lump of half-cooked yellow stuff.

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.