Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • The new F1 season is upon us
  • dawson

anybody know if there will be any, ahem, ‘unofficial’ broadcasts on the web anywhere?

otherwise I will watch it on the beeb

richmtb

I’m not sure if Melbournes result will be a great predictor to the year ahead. Its different in character to most of the tracks that follow but it should give us an idea of which teams are struggling (Ferrari?) and which teams are punching above their weight (Force India, Lotus nee Renault).

As for Sky well I’m not paying any extra for it as I had Sky HD already, I’m not sure if I would have. They have an excellent commentary / punditry team but they have a tough act to follow the Beebs coverage was excellent in its final year. I hope they get the balance right between petrolhead geekiness (which i personally enjoy) and making it interesting enough for the more casual viewer without dumbing it down too much

Houns

So far on sky I’ve watched the initial F1 show ( as mentioned) and practice session one. Totally underwhelmed and so far those of you who haven’t got it you’re not missing much imo.

Yes, Hill, Brundel, Croft, Davidson are good but the rest of the presenters and program content is, well, meh.

I’ll reserve full judgement until I’ve see the race coverage (won’t be watching it live)

rossi46
    Free Member

Free Practice Friday Australia

This actually fills me with joy- Button fastest, Schumacher third fastest and ‘feeling good’ and Vettel 12th 😯

I know its ‘only’ practice but its encouraging seeing as its everyone first time out in anger 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

Brundel, Croft, Davidson and Pinkham are good I’ve yet to hear Damon Hill say a great deal, is he just there for show?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Doesn’t look good for Massa…over 2secs behind his team mate.

thepurist

It’s only practice, and I think Massa beached his car in the damp so missed some of the faster conditions. But what are the odds on Massa being replaced by Kubica before the year’s out.

richmtb

Brundel, Croft, Davidson and Pinkham are good I’ve yet to hear Damon Hill say a great deal, is he just there for show?

My only criticism of the presenting line up is the token “eye candy” that Sky seem to feel they need to tack on to there presenting line ups.

However if Georgie Thompson turns out to have been a devoted follower of F1 for years and the new Sky broadcast deal is her opportunity to demostrate her breadth of knowledge then I’ll beg forgiveness.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m not really interested in who gets to be WC
    I want to see races won by racing not managed pole to flag events, I want to see changeable conditions, incidents, controversy

last year we had Montreal, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Suzuka, Shanghai and more

More of the same, I don’t care who wins

PJM1974
    Free Member

My only criticism of the presenting line up is the token “eye candy”…

Some very archaic attitudes to women are deeply, deeply entrenched in F1…I can’t be along in finding it cringeworthy.

Certainly some of the drivers’ quips to female interviers don’t come across well, would be nice if some female drivers had enough sponsorship support for race seats in F1, maybe we’d see a change in attitudes?

richmtb

Some very archaic attitudes to women are deeply, deeply entrenched in F1…I can’t be along in finding it cringeworthy.

Yeah the pit board babes are just about tolerable. The phalanx of female flesh that lines the path to the podium at most races is a step too far.

Still its all part of the “glamour” of F1

jota180
    Free Member

The phalanx of female flesh that lines the path to the podium at most races is a step too far.

Just close your eyes for 2 minutes, I’ll keep mine wide open 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah the pit board babes are just about
    tolerable. The phalanx of female flesh that lines
    the path to the podium at most races is a step
    too far.

I’d argue the other way round if ranking them but there you go.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

For sure…..

As its Australian Danni and Kyle will be there being interveiwed with their norks hanging out.

emac65
    Free Member

Lost interest half way through last year,so unless it gets a bit more exciting this time I’ll be giving it a miss…….. 😕

Houns

Ah the corridor of clunge

higthepig
    Free Member

Anybody up and watching?

toby1

Of Course!

Oh dear Kimi!

higthepig
    Free Member

Good, thought I was on my own!

Alonso out now?

bruneep

Sky go app fail, here 👿

zokes
    Free Member

If you can VPN to an Aussie server, you should be able to get it streaming here: http://tensport.com.au/motorsport-live-streaming.htm

Surprised they’ve not been fined for driving in the bike lane 😈

higthepig
    Free Member

The Prancing Horse isn’t prancing 🙂

cove123

watching on PC, listing to 5live, made the school boy mistake of putting the TV on to watch it on bbc1……ddddoooohhhh

higthepig
    Free Member

Well that was exciting, Grosjean was a surprise

zokes
    Free Member

That’ll do 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

toby1

I have no idea why I dislike Ferarri so much, but this morning was lovely!

higthepig
    Free Member

Ditto

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I dislike them due to the fact they made F1 boring in the 80’s/90’s. Not their fault really, but it’s why I dislike MS as well.

Good to see two Brits in British cars on pole. Hopefully they don’t spank into each other on the first corner!

skiboy
    Free Member

aghhhhhhh i want to watch, bloody bbc, they can come fish their license fee out of my an-s

Pigface
    Free Member

Looks like Mercedes may be protested for infringing the regs 😆 Ross and Shitenacker up to their old tricks 😆

mashiehood
    Free Member

I dislike them due to the fact they made F1 boring in the 80’s/90’s. Not their fault really, but it’s why I dislike MS as well.

hmm, they were not great in the 80’s or till the late 90’s tbh!

well done to the mclarens – looks like they have built a very good car.

munkster
    Free Member

I dislike them due to the fact they made F1 boring in the 80’s/90’s.

Shirley you mean 2000-2005? They were very entertaining in the 80s and (at least) early 90s, breaking down every 5 minutes 😉

munkster
    Free Member

Now, I like my post. But then, I like mashiehood’s post too…

But which one is better? There’s only one way to find out…

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I dislike them due to the fact they made F1 boring in the 80’s/90’s. Not their fault really, but it’s why I dislike MS as well

?

The 80’s & 90’s were (generally) dominated by Williams & McLaren

Before 2000 Ferrari hadnt won a championship since 1979, IIRC

Edit: far to slow

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Indeed. Wrong decade but the reasoning still stands.

munkster
    Free Member

I think for me the schadenfreude surrounding Ferrari probably more stems from their apparent belief that F1 wouldn’t exist (or at least be popular) anymore if it were not for them…

mashiehood
    Free Member

I think for me the schadenfreude surrounding Ferrari probably more stems from their apparent belief that F1 wouldn’t exist (or at least be popular) anymore if it were not for them…

and i think there is an element of truth in that, Formula 1 and Ferrari co-exist, i think Formula 1 would be poorer without Ferrari and Ferrari would be hurt by not being in F1.

iDave
    Free Member

I’m rather excited about Grosjean, a fellow cyclist

stylish
    Free Member

When it was announced sky had the tv rights, i said to myself no way will i pay to watch a sport i love, but have found myself up early this morning and looking like a lost dog with no F1 to watch…..

Paying for Sky must be akin to announcing you love riding a road bike on here and feel really happy in lycra…..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘The new F1 season is upon us’ is closed to new replies.