Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • The new F1 season is upon us
  • Houns

So who’s gonna get the first “for sure” in?

jota180
    Free Member

Massa for sure

brakes
    Free Member

one sure
    two sure
    three sure
    for sure

chewkw
    Free Member

Typical celebrities shite for sure. 😆

jota180
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see how the Mercs go with their next gen F duct before the rest do a catch up on it

Kato

I just pleased Kimi’s back

bruneep

anyone get sky just for F1? looked at it briefly but flinched at the £.

Ended up getting my dads sky id to watch on ipad 😉

rossi46
    Free Member

I just pleased Kimi’s back

+1

I loved his interview on Top Beer the other day, he gets a bad press for being boring but he’s anything but!
    On racing snowmobiles in the off season- ‘I didnt really ask’ and ‘ Its only a scar, i broke my wrist a little bit’ 😆

I got Sky TV already and the F1 channel is free to Sky customers (you dont have to have Sky Football… sorry Sky Sports). So far it is mega in depth and you could bore yourself all day taking in facts, but on the whole im impressed- looks good once the racing starts and you’ll be able to see practice, qualifying, everything! And GP2 and 3….

Vettel + good car = Vettel win

Vettel + bad car + Hamilton having his head screwed on = Hamilton win

Vettel + bad car + Hamilton losing the plot/bad car = Alonso win

All the above screwing up = Button win

Junkyard
    Free Member

The best driver in the team with the best car wins
    As we know who the best driver is personally I cant wait to see who made the best car this year

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I just want to find someone who will buy me Sky HD so i can watch it, otherwise its going to be a case of reading about the races on Planet F1.

Pook

It’s all a bit close this year isn’t it? Still reckon the red bulls are ahead by a (big ugly broken) nose though

rOcKeTdOg

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

this is probably the best punditory i’ve read, concise and to the point. you should be on the telly!

rootes1

how to watch without sky?

jota180
    Free Member

Cheap satellite system
    RTL German coverage
    R5 live for the commentary

Sort of, I refused to pay the money they wanted but my daughters surprised me yesterday by buying it for me 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

BBC for the highlights. Or BBC website for the race in 60 seconds which is about as much as I can do of this dreary durge these days.

rootes1

so BBC will still be doing the race in 7mins in the iplayer?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’m in KL next week for the race, so am super excited, for sure.

🙂

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Not many people that I know get excited by a weekend in Kings Lynn. 😉

thekingisdead
    Free Member

It’s a great place to watch the race from. Less humid than Kuala Lumpur too

😉

thepurist

A pilgrimage to the birthplace of the great Martin Brundle – what a true fan you are!

Muke
    Free Member

Was thinking that Sky HD coverage would make a better highlights show, what with super slow mo etc etc, not sure how it will be live.

jota180
    Free Member

There’s a lot of red button stuff that I need to play with

Webber has a headcam this weekend that’s giving an interesting perspective

jota180
    Free Member

That Ferrari and the Sauber are pig ugly beasts this year
    The new nose height regs have’t helped with design options but jeez, they need a bag over them

dooosuk
    Free Member

so BBC will still be doing the race in 7mins in the iplayer?

The BBC will have 2hrs of race highlight on Sunday and an hour of qualifying highlights on Saturday.

roady_tony
    Free Member

wouldnt it be a nice surprise if something like Force India walked away with it this year 🙂

Rain and first race in the new cars should be exciting.

RTL+R5L for me at 6am for sure! cost me 60quid in total for all the freesat channels too – bargain, oh yeah inc. a PVR recordable HD reciever! (B&Q half price kit and then bought extra LNB of ebay!)

Houns

I have sky f1 on virgin media, came free as have all the sports channels.

Only watched the first f1 programme and must say I was under whelmed. I have recorded practice so will watch it later

clubber
    Free Member

eArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

😀

Probably not far off but I’d just say whoever of Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso has the best car will win.

BUT if McL, RB and Ferrari all had matched cars, so that it was a season like two years ago, I’d say that Button should be added to the list. Not always the quickest driver but one of the smartest IMO and with the new Pirelli tyres being much closer this year, tactics could play a larger role if the cars are closely matched.

Of course, you never know if Mercedes might be consistently up there (can’t see it myself) or even that RenaultLotus might be in the mix at times. Wishful thinking probably 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

Of course, you never know if Mercedes might be consistently up there (can’t see it myself)

They look very fast indeed in practice

clubber
    Free Member

which was why I wrote ‘consistently’. The general buzz is that their clever f-duct/DRS solution will be of major benefit in qualifying where you can use it at will but less so in the race (since you can only use it in the DRS zone once or twice a lap and only if you have a car in front) so they may well spend races going backwards from where they qualify. Plus other teams will replicate the solution soon enough (and even improve it – by all accounts Renault’s F-duct was better than McL’s by the end of the season it was introduced).

Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Vettel for the wc, imo. Mainly cos button and Hamilton will take to many points off each other

hora
    Free Member

That sounds about right. Hamilton made some admissions about himself. He hasn’t blamed the car or team this time. This to me says his head is screwed on. Only Sunday will tell but if he finishes first its his season.

Ferrari are going to be nowhere to be seen.

Mercedes as before.

Kimi will have one podium then get signed for Mercedes for 2013 😉

clubber
    Free Member

That scenario only really works if the McLs are the fastest. if McL and RB are matched for pace (and Webber doesn’t get in on the act again) then it makes no real difference as they’ll be taking points off eachother.

rossi46
    Free Member

I got Sky TV already and the F1 channel is free to Sky customers (you dont have to have Sky Football… sorry Sky Sports).

Scratch that idea- now that the races are upon us, Sky makes you pay for it 👿 and as i really dont want to pay a fiver for Sky football/ sports then BBC it is. I dont mind waiting a few hours to see it for free 😆
    Hard to see anyone beating Vettel this year, id love to see Jensen take another title though!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ferrari are on the back burner because they obviously used Lego to model their new car with.

All I want to see is Alsono being stuffed over by Schumacher, but I doubt it’ll happen somehow, which is a great shame. Would be good to see Schuey win again.

hora
    Free Member

Would be good to see Schuey **** cheat again.

FTFY

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes, Schuey has been a massive cheaty, cheaty, cheat-cheat but I still prefer him to Alonso. A friend who knows a couple of people within the Renault team reports that Alonso was a really nice guy to know right up until he won his first title, whereupon he retreated into his own anus and stayed there. His dummy spitting exploits at McLaren did him no favours either.

Schuey may well have won championships under dubious circumstances, but at least he didn’t spit his dummy out regularly.

jools182
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

Ended up getting my dads sky id to watch on ipad

I phoned up to get connected but then when I heard the prices 😯

cheeky gits

It’s cheaper to watch it at the pub

crazy-legs

I’m away all weekend so I miss F1 in glorious HD and I also miss Milan-San Remo.

🙁

richmtb

I’m not sure if Melbournes result will be a great predictor to the year ahead. Its different in character to most of the tracks that follow but it should give us an idea of which teams are struggling (Ferrari?) and which teams are punching above their weight (Force India, Lotus nee Renault).

As for Sky well I’m not paying any extra for it as I had Sky HD already, I’m not sure if I would have. They have an excellent commentary / punditry team but they have a tough act to follow the Beebs coverage was excellent in its final year. I hope they get the balance right between petrolhead geekiness (which i personally enjoy) and making it interesting enough for the more casual viewer without dumbing it down too much

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘The new F1 season is upon us’ is closed to new replies.