Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • The new Bentley Bentayga.
  • cheers_drive

I think they muddled up the publicity shots with the latest Ssangyong 😯

jimjam
    Free Member

Gah. Had to google it. It’s 36mm wider and 78mm loner than a Q7.

tonyg2003

The new Volvo XC90 is showing the way in big SUV design

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I knew this was coming and I knew it was going to be hideously ugly but my god, thats hideously ugly x1000000. Not even the lovely looking interior can make up for the outside (but that applies to all Bentleys).

Rio

Blimey, if that’s the way it’s going then Ssangyong were way ahead of their time!

jimjam
    Free Member

tonyg2003 – Member

Pfffft. Murica.

binners

The worrying thing is that with the expensive ‘improvements’ that their target market will inflict on them (see earlier Stephen Ireland reference) I’d imagine some of the custom jobees will make the standard car look like a vision of beauty

honeybadgerx

It’s like the bastard lovechild of a Chrysler and a Porsche Cayenne

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I won’t lose any sleep over this, even if I won the lottery I wouldn’t waste my time with it.

paddy0091
    Free Member

awful looking Bentley, if you need imposing looks on a different scale see :wink::

jimjam
    Free Member

paddy0091 – Member

awful looking Bentley, if you need imposing looks on a different scale see :wink::

Common as muck, and so awfully gauche.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5i2fq3SLtY[/video]

footflaps

We have a Bentley Dealer opposite work, will have to take pop in and take a look once they get one in….

edhornby

Via Autotrader

The Bentayga is 5141mm long, 1742 high and 2223mm wide

its the last number that is the scary one, the UK legal minimum carriageway width is 2.4m and given the road density and the need for as many lanes for cars as humanly possible, most roads are pretty much this width

now if you’re riding your bike along the road, you’ll be not in the gutter but not primary so assume 1.4 metres from the kerb to your right shoulder, the bentley will have to have BOTH wheels on the other side of the road to overtake and leave a safe (1m) gap. Imagine that there are double yellow lines, the drivers side wheel would need to be on the yellow on the wrong side of the road, anyone think that a driver of one of these vehicles will display the courtesy or awareness to do this ??

P-Jay
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Ah well, perhaps this is another sign that the financial storm of the last 7-8 years is over, ‘bling’ is back in.

The financial storm didn’t really impact the target audience

That’s true in some respects and not in others, pre-crash ‘Bling’ was very much in vogue, Rap Stars, Pop Stars, Footballers, Media Mogals and to a lessor extent famous business types like the Dragons and such. In years gone by famous types would usualy downplay their wealth through fear of alienating their fans, but 2000-2008ish that all changed success and wealth was something you flaunted and us muggles (well perhaps not us personally) played along, more people than ever were buying ‘aspirational lifestyles’ with borrowed money – lots of white things mostly, apart from skin which was tanned, very tanned.

When the crash happened, whilst a lot of famous people could still buy white Range Rovers and Bentley’s then did less so as it wasn’t so ‘cool’ in 2009 to be seen being overtly wealthy when you’re trying to sell your latest book/cd/film/football shirt to people who no longer feel wealthy and are hoping they won’t lose their jobs. Of course some of them went down the same drain as more everyday people who over-borrowed, C-listers like Kerry Katona and the like who had lots of profile, but little product to sell suddenly found themselves unable to borrow any more for this years tax bill and were made Bankrupt.

In the Western World anyway that’s the target audience for this car, now (it seems) we’re all wealthy again they can get away with driving about in something like that without people hating them, ‘old money’ types won’t be seen in one (unless they’re paid to be), although I believe this particular Tarts Palace on wheels was primarily designed for the Far East where they do things differently, bigger is better and flashier is best. I think for a time Bentley wasn’t even going to bother to build it to pass regulations for Europe.

muggomagic

Ah, Bentley, the poor man’s luxury car…… 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Is it just me that think it looks like a bad update of a black cab?

jimjam
    Free Member

edhornby – Member

Via Autotrader

The Bentayga is 5141mm long, 1742 high and 2223mm wide

its the last number that is the scary one,

As above though, it’s 36mm wider than it’s Audi cousin. And probably a load of other SUVs.

ac282

So what bike would one buy to accompany this monstrosity?

dragon
    Free Member

Bet James Bond is turning in his grave 😉

qwertyuiop7
    Free Member

bol

My first thought was … Austin Maxi

Austin land crab

Mine too. I suppose I should find it funny, but it just makes me a bit sad. Suddenly I can see the revolting BMW X6 in a different perspective.

At least it will be a good way of identifying frightful people with no discernible taste.

dragon
    Free Member

The Bentley is for people who’d like a BMW x6 but think its too common 😆

At least you have visual identity of their tosser status.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just for a bit of aesthetic balance….. here’s something beautiful.

The lovely Bernadine

unovolo
    Free Member

The Bentley besides having a God awful name reminds me of a classic Black cab design wise, might buy one stick some big wheels on and paint it hearing aid beige and then go touting it around Alderley Edge.

brakes
    Free Member

it doesn’t look dissimilar to the large rock from which it took it’s name.

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s hideous! Surely you’d need to be blind to spunk that much cash on something so ugly!

Just proves money doesn’t buy taste!

freeagent
    Free Member

As others have said – it isn’t aimed at the (moderately) sophisticated European market.

I bet almost all of them end up in China/Russia/various other ’emerging economys’

redsox
    Free Member

Another **** car for **** that aspire to going to Dubai every year and Instagram pictures of themselves like they’re a brand.

I thought it looked like an Allegro in that publicity shot, it’s put me right off my lunch

stumpy01

footflaps – Member

We have a Bentley Dealer opposite work, will have to take pop in and take a look once they get one in….

I parked my car between a couple of their cars while popping into the VW dealership next door (assuming that’s the one you mean nr the Science Park). They weren’t too impressed. 🙂

the-muffin-man

Just for a bit of aesthetic balance….. here’s something beautiful.

You seem to have posted a picture of the blobbiest, fattest supercar every made!

matt_outandabout

Did anyone else with borderline dyslexia read it as Bentley Bentgayer?

Harry_the_Spider

Didn’t Bentley Bentgayer play for Bolton Wanderers about 5 years ago? Big fella, not much good, drove a hideous brown 4×4.

matt_outandabout

Bently BungaBunga seems a good name.

revs1972
    Free Member

Looks like something that Leepu would come up with on chop shop

unovolo
    Free Member

Even if I had the kind of cash available to buy one of those Bentgayas I’d still be looking elsewhere (Porsche Macan maybe).

Mind Rollsroyces efforts aren’t much better,

Of the many artists impressions that’s probably the most tasteful.
    Lamborghinis concept looks pretty tidy though.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Lamborghinis concept looks pretty tidy though

Lambo 4×4? Always had a soft spot for the LM002.

chrismac

Im sure the footballers of the premiership will be forming an orderly queue to turn it into their latest chavmobile

singletrackmind

My mate manages a couple of Bently dealers . I will prob get a ride in one soonish.
    Having been in a 6.75 twin turbo W12 engined Mulsanne the other week I can confirm that the build quality, ride , detailing and finish are to a very high standard.
    Awesome bit of kit own . Would I ever own one? Probably not .

deepreddave
    Free Member

It’s a predictable evolution of their previous models. Shame they are not open to differentiating themselves by designing something innovative and attractive.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@unovolvo I think you could buy 3 Macan S’s for the price of one of those Bentleys !

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘The new Bentley Bentayga.’ is closed to new replies.