• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Portable CD player?
  • deejayen
    Free Member

Is it possible to buy a good quality portable CD player these days? By portable I mean like the old Sony Discman things – no amplifier or speakers, just a headphone output.

I had a look a year or two ago, but couldn’t find anything.

peteimpreza

The world has gone digital , man.

deejayen
    Free Member

I know – I’ve given up looking for a Sony Walkman Pro, and decided to join the digital revolution by buying a Discman.

DezB
    Free Member

Amazon do a nice one

DezB
    Free Member
    gofasterstripes
    Free Member

LOL at the prices.

TBH though, they all suck compared to solid state. If you want to look retro get a Cassette Walkman, but it’s going to be expensive…..

Actually, if I HAD to buy something like that I’d buy a MiniDisc player – much more reliable, smaller, better battery life, no scratches on the disc….and probably easier to get hold of.

Or DAT. Jebus – DAT….. Wonders off muttering….

DezB
    Free Member

if I HAD to buy something like that I’d buy a MiniDisc player

Still use mine 🙂

deejayen
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’ll have a look at some of those, although at a quick glance some seem to be used or refurbished.

I had a look on the Sony UK site – they list one portable CD player, but it’s no longer available to purchase.

The days when manufacturers made ‘high-end’ versions of these things which sounded quite good are obviously long gone.

A solid state player might be the only current option, but a CD format player would be handy for me. DAT or MiniDisc aren’t suitable in this case.

Cougar

eBay? I expect there’s plenty of folk who’ve joined the 21st Century and want rid of them?

DezB
    Free Member

Or even Argos

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Portable CD player?’ is closed to new replies.