Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • The new Bentley Bentayga.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Is um, imposing looking?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYgH_SqofuY[/video]

I think I’d rather buy a Toureg and keep the change. That’s a lot of coke and hookers. But then I suppose I’m missing the point since I’m not a millionaire.

bigG
    Free Member

The best colour they could think of to sell the car to the media is beige. That says enough about this gopping car to me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah a Bently just in case you have gravel on your drive…
    Looks well, er, like the image has 3 different zooms going on?

jimjam
    Free Member

bigG

The best colour they could think of to sell the car to the media is beige. That says enough about this gopping car to me.

I think you’ll find that is “Gazelle”.

martinhutch

Needs more Stephen Ireland.

Or Mario

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks like a Lada Riva IMO

retro83
    Free Member

Beautifully crafted interior:

(courtesy of PH)

However the exterior is probably one of the least desirable designs of any SUV available at the moment to my eyes. Bulbous, fussy, messy.
    In fact it’s handy that they used a poo brown one in the video, because driving along, it reminded me of a big old Mr Hanky heading down the porcelain flume.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

i’ve seen it driving round Nantwich, at first glance it resembles a Ssangyong Musso

loddrik
    Free Member

Coming soon to a football training ground near you.

piemonster

Bentley or Chrysler, I can’t tell the difference anymore.

Looks butt ugly to me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hmm beige leather sofa

jools182
    Free Member

Horrendous

No doubt there will be loads of them knocking around Alderley Edge soon

Drac

God that’s ugly.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Looks like a Lada Riva

My first thought was … Austin Maxi….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I guess it’s what people with one of these aspire to

perchypanther
    Free Member

I guess it’s what people with one of these aspire to

or people with one of these…..

Harry_the_Spider

I guess that we are not the target demographic, but if I was a Premier League footballer I’d chuck a week’s wages at it.

zippykona

wwaswas

Austin Land Crab, shirley?

Murray

HTS – not the target demographic? Surely us Tudor watch owners are the target 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

I guess that we are not the target demographic, but if I was a Premier League footballer I’d chuck a week’s wages at it.

I get the impression there are a few people on here who could afford it. Whether simply being able to afford it makes you the target demographic though, I’m not sure. Perhaps you have to be extremely wealthy, and extremely tasteless.

I remember debating the merits of a £100,000 Porsche Cayenne with one of my friends who sold them. He was raving about it, but I couldn’t see past the idea that to me, it represented a Boxster and a Range Rover (or whatever).

Speshpaul

Drac- “God that’s ugly.”

I think you are going to see a few of these, at the scene of accidents where other car drivers have gouged out their own eyes.

I seen a few un badge ones out testing, and they are horrid. I really don’t know what Bentley are thinking.
    I pointed one out to the mrs spesh, that’s the new Bentley SUV, “you’re ******* joking!”

mos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

That might be the most vulgar thing I’ve ever seen on 4 wheels.

Ah well, perhaps this is another sign that the financial storm of the last 7-8 years is over, ‘bling’ is back in.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Who designed that Rolls?

The same bloke who styled Ned Kelly?

stumpy01

It does look pretty hideous, but I’m sure lots of people will buy it.

Aren’t a lot of Bentley sales now going to the Far East?
    Perhaps it has been styled to fit in more with their culture/tastes than ours as they expect to sell more there? Just a thought.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah well, perhaps this is another sign that the financial storm of the last 7-8 years is over, ‘bling’ is back in.

The financial storm didn’t really impact the target audiance

edhornby

not for me thanks, it’s the ridiculous size of cars that puts me off, just not compatible any more with the UK road infrastructure. however everyone likes different stuff, if you want one, happy days

they’ll be popular in the gulf states, that gold-y beige-y colour for the promo may well have been chosen by the UAE sales teams

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bentley or Chrysler, I can’t tell the difference anymore.

Looks butt ugly to meThis

jimjam
    Free Member

dhornby – Member

not for me thanks, it’s the ridiculous size of cars that puts me off, just not compatible any more with the UK road infrastructure.

Is it any bigger than the other VAG cars it shares a platform with? Or a Range Rover?

Rockplough
    Free Member

Looks like a Chinese knock-off.

mrchrispy

Looks safe…at least I wont injure myself when I crash into someone when pished.

dragon
    Free Member

Awful, and a range of just over 370 miles is pathetic. Still probably okay for your daily 6 miles of solid traffic jam in London, Doha, Dubai or Beijing.

I’ve never been a huge fan of the Range Rover, but I’d have one of them over that Bentley anytime.

mogrim

Reminds me a bit of a London taxi.

dragon
    Free Member

Is it any bigger than the other VAG cars it shares a platform with?

According to that video up top, yes!

jimjam
    Free Member

dragon

According to that video up top, yes!

Ah yes, missed that. Doesn’t quantify it but I’m assuming it can’t be much bigger than a Q7 especially if it’s shorter than a Range Rover Sport.

Sui
    Free Member

i remeber seeing this when i was up that way last year, even the staff didn’t like its looks, but accpeted there was a market where “people” will buy it irrespecitve. Bentley have a habit of making stuff just to satisfy a market demand, whereas RR, generally tend to make something becasue its new and good and not a “fad”..

JLR have gone the same way, although no where near as bad – no more estates, you’ll have to choose the SUV now..

richmtb

What better way to advertise to the world that you have lots of money but no taste and probably aren’t a very good driver

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Austin Land Crab”

*sniggers.

You’re right Sir.

Will they do the Bentley in Army Green too ??

chestrockwell

It’s hideous. It reminds me of the Bangle era BMW where it took them a while to realise the direction they were heading was the wrong one (See Mulsanne).

Saying that, much like how the big bike manufacturers don’t really care what we in the UK think/want Bentley won’t be bothered what most think about it as they’ll sell loads to China. Forget the Middle East, it’s China that all the car companies are interested in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘The new Bentley Bentayga.’ is closed to new replies.