Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • The Mandalorian – Trailer
  • fossy

Episode 2 hits Friday, then likely weekly after that each Friday.

trap6
    Free Member

Twas ok,agree with the opinion above of the’Blurg’scene,why??
    I would of liked a little more bounty hunting before jumping straight into ‘The’ Bounty to top all bounty’s though,
    Junior thought it was great,we look forward to more next week.

eulach

Can I watch it with the kids? 7 and 10?

fossy

YES !

Drac

Definitely it’s Disney violence.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I enjoyed that. Felt just enough of a Star Wars – Firefly crossover to make me look forward to its development.
    Poor Burt though, left Big bang Theory for that…

stevedoc
    Free Member

Simple Yes from me , Enjoyed it

benv
    Free Member

Can’t say I’m a Star Wars fan, only ever seen the originals and they were just ok, seen none of the new stuff. Gave this a try, was a bit crap. Polished right enough, but crap is still crap. In case if anyone was wondering if they need to be into Star Wars to get into this, I’d say so yes.

batfink
    Free Member

I thought it was ok…. just ok. Was hoping it would be a bit “grittier” as the trailer suggested – but it’s actually quite disneyfied – I guess they are trying to position it at about the level of the original films.

Will continue watching, but it’s only a 5 or 6/10 from me.

Only 38 minutes too

BruceWee

Meh, I’ll watch the next episode but it’s not really grabbed me yet.

zilog6128

Definitely it’s Disney violence.

so you are American! There’s no tits or gore but plenty of violence/deaths/cold blooded murders which obviously morally is fine 😂

fossy

Episode Two rattled off – enjoying this.

zilog6128

Hmmm, thought that was a bit meh compared to the first ep!

BillOddie

The kids and I have thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

They are going to sell a metric boatload of small green soft toys., which is probably the point.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ep3 has ramped it up nicely. I’m expecting great things from now on.

Drac

I’m up to episode 2 and loving it.

johnners
    Free Member

I’m up to episode 2 and loving it.

Don’t worry, episode 3 will soon put a stop to that. Though eddiebaby loved it so who knows?

donks
    Free Member

Hmm…it’s turning into the baby Yoda show from what I’ve seen so far.

hols2
    Free Member

I thought it was ok…. just ok.

Pretty much sums it up. To be fair, it’s basically a kids’ show and it is much better than the prequel movies.

lambchop
    Free Member

Episode 3, fantastic.

Drac

Ooooh! He’s got some new bling.

eulach

If the little green thing is 50 years old, that would put his birth at the time of a young Darth Sidious, approximately the same as Annakin. Anyway, I liked the first two episodes. It is a bit soft though – a bounty hunter with a heart of gold. I thought that what Dave Filoni did with Rebels and the later Clone Wars was excellent and expect similar from this. Looking forward to part 3 tonight.

Drac

Part 3 is pretty good too really starting to open the story up, like others have mentioned like all Star Wars it’s a family story and film.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve been enjoying it but feeling like there’s something missing, last episode lost me a bit though, the “one of us” crew and the ending scene were painfully cheesy.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Yep still enjoying it

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s an OK space western. the only thing it’s missing is the pre shoot out linger on the eyes Sergio Leone shots.

oikeith

it is much better than the prequel movies.

The prequel movies are the better movies out the lot, IMO Revenge of the Sith is the best Starwars movie.

Mandalorian is good, the first three episodes have def been builder episodes, excited to see where it goes!

If the little green thing is 50 years old, that would put his birth at the time of a young Darth Sidious, approximately the same as Annakin

Yes hadn’t thought of that, Baby Yoda must have been born just before the original trilogy in the timeline, Yoda must have stopped off for some coke and hookers before ending up on Dagobah

zilog6128

I really expected better from Jon Favreau but he seems to have dug very deeply into his bag of cliches. A magic macguffin introduced at the start of the episode which is 100% guaranteed to get him out of a “tough” spot later (and then never be used again 😂), the last second cavalry charge, bad guy saved from certain death cos the bullet hit his pocket watch so he can be back to ham it up in the next episode; it feels like a badly written 90s TV show. Walker: Texas Ranger was more sophisticated than this 😂. Looks great though 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve been enjoying it but feeling like there’s something missing, last episode lost me a bit though, the “one of us” crew and the ending scene were painfully cheesy.

I was okay with it, until the fly-by salute. Not only was it cheesy, it was very ‘real world’ like “god speed” in TLJ.

hols2
    Free Member

The prequel movies are the better movies out the lot

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bit disappointed in Ep4. A remake of the Magnicent 7 – er the Mag 2 wasn’t what is was expecting. Like the new girl but no real development of story arc. No real feeling of threat.

darthpunk
    Free Member

No real feeling of threat

It’s Disney now, they can only go so far with the violence. While it was a bit Seven Samurai, I still liked it. It casts a wide net and can appeal to a whole family rather than having to be Rodians being beheaded and Twi’leks being set upon by roaving Tusken Raider rape gangs

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ep5: The cantina at Mos Eisly spaceport? What’s not to like?

oikeith

Its starting to feel very Stargate SG1 to me, but Baby Yoda is cute.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m an episode behind and it pains me to say that I could happily never watch another episode, it’s difficult to describe but it just feels very hollow to me.

PrinceJohn

It’s getting boring now – especially as I’m also watching Watchmen & His Dark Materials. This is starting to feel a bit monster of the week, like a through back to the 90s tele.

chevychase

Will watch as I eat my dinner – but it’s severely lacking in any substance.

If it died today I wouldn’t miss it.

zilog6128

Yeah 2 behind now, I’ll probably catch up this week though as the Cantina sounds cool at least!

This is starting to feel a bit monster of the week, like a through back to the 90s tele.

I actually miss those kind of shows that you could just dip in and out of. X-Files was an example of a really great one! (Apart from the alien conspiracy crap). I guess they are still making them (NCIS etc) but they’ve definitely fallen out of fashion.

eulach

If it’s anything like Clone Wars or Rebels, it’ll take at least a season to warm up. And I suspect you’ll start to see some links to The Rise of Skywalker soon.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Say i wanted to watch said series but was technically challenged, maybe someone would pm me some assistance?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘The Mandalorian – Trailer’ is closed to new replies.