Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 164 total)
  • The Mandalorian – Trailer
  • Drac

You can’t get it in the UK.

shermer75
    Free Member

Wait hang on, so that’s not Bobba Fet?!?

deadkenny
    Free Member

To be fair, they might dump it on Amazon or Netflix for the UK. That’s at lest been an advantage being in UK, e.g. ST Picard on Amazon and Discovery on Netflix, both CBS All Access shows in US.

Though Disney own Hulu also and that’s never stepped outside the US. Apparently they have said they want to launch in as many markets as possible though. So that could mean a long wait rather than see it soon on Amazon/Netflix.

PrinceJohn

You can’t get it in the UK.

Then they wonder why people will download things illegally when you get it legitimately – especially something like this that will have spoilers all over the internet.

One thing Netflix have got right is simultaneously releasing things worldwide.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Wait hang on, so that’s not Boba Fett?!?

Nope.

Also not IG-88.

IG-11 instead.

squirrelking
    Free Member

IG-88 got destroyed, eventually, did it not? Finally ran out of spare bodies IIRC. I may be making that up in my head though.

Drac

Holy shit balls!

willard

Hmmmmmmmm. I just hope that they don’t mess up the canon that Boba Fett already has. The post-revolution Fett in the books was superb.

Pook

Gus Fring’ll have him

mashr

Does he actually (that we know of) have a link to the Fetts? Or did he just like the helmet?

Drac

It’s set after Return of the Jedi so possibly not Fett.

mashr

That’s what I mean, Jango and Bobba are both toast by the time this is set. TBF it’s a pretty cool outfit if that’s all it is….

willard

[according to the books] Boba didn’t die after being ingested by the Sarlacc, he managed to escape and survived the carpet bombing of Jabba’s palace by Crimson Sun bombers. I think that is explained in “Tales of the Bounty Hunters”. I think it might be “The Mandalorian Armour” that explains more about old Boba.

Of course, this is Disney, so they will kill off stuff that does not suit their profit motive and theme (friendship, co-operation, merchandising).

Drac

Or you could accept the books tell a different story, they’re not factual.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

ohhhh that looks beautiful, I really hope it doesn’t get too Disney’ed.

willard

Drac

Subscriber
    Or you could accept the books tell a different story, they’re not factual.

How dare you sir? Are you suggestion that fiction is not real? Even when printed? They are hardly election manifestos!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Does he actually (that we know of) have a link to the Fetts? Or did he just like the helmet?

As I understand it, there’s two ways of looking at it.

If you want to suspend your disbelief to enjoy the series then it’s:

Mandalorian’s are a Humaniod race known for being ‘ing nails.

Fett was a Madalorian and wore the armour of the Madalorian’s but he’s not the titular Madalorian in ‘The Madalorian’.

If you want to know the slightly more boring real-world answer, they’ve been trying to make a live action Star Wars TV series for years. After the Prequels were made they were going TV series which was going to explore all the non-Jedi v Sith / Rebellion v Empire bits of the Star Wars ‘Universe’. At first it was going to be about some lessor characters advenutres between the prequels and Original Series, Solo Origin, Lando etc, but this was scraped in favour of a series called Star Wars: Underworld which was going to be about Bounty Hunters, the Huts and the other criminal elements of Star Wars. That got scrapped too, this was pre-Game of Thrones so it wasn’t believed you could make a multi-million dollar an episode gritty fantasy drama profitably and 10 years ago CGI etc was more expensive to produce than now.

Things changed when Disney bought Star Wars, they invested massively into it with new films to grow the franchise for a new market which made an expensive TV series more likely to be profitable, add to the fact they have Disney+ to launch and some of it’s massive marketing budget for that can be used to make this.

In the great tradition of ‘Hollywood’ no good ideas (or indeed bad ones) are ever wasted, some of the bits of the TV series went into ‘Solo’ and Rouge One, lots went into the Animated Series but the core of Star Wars: Underworld have been evolved into The Madalorian, they’ve kept enough of Fett to grab interest, but not so much that viewers might not be able to find a hero one of the Baddies of the original films.

There’s 2 more TV series coming, one based around one of the characters from Rouge One and the big one about Obi-Wan Kenobi staring Ewan McGregor.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Looks awesome. Hope we can get it here….

Drac

How dare you sir? Are you suggestion that fiction is not real? Even when printed? They are hardly election manifestos!

😂

carlos
    Free Member

That’s tonight’s TV sorted.

Drac

Only if you’re in America.

zilog6128

Only if you’re in America

🤔

carlos
    Free Member

Only if you’re in America.

I’m not, but I will be watching it tonight

Drac

😲

johnners
    Free Member

March 31 2020 for a UK airing from what I’ve read. If true, a distant release date like that means a good chunk of the prospective UK audience will have seen it by the end of this week.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not, but I will be watching it tonight

Any idea what time it broadcasts? I’ve got VPNs and relatives sign-in all ready to go!

zilog6128

11am I think!

funkmasterp

Disney have dropped the ball leaving it until March for the UK. Everyone that wants to watch it before then will find a way.

johnners
    Free Member

Any idea what time it broadcasts?

It must be available to stream, it’s already up as a hooky download.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well… I’ve sneakily watched the first pre-opening credits bit before my Family get home.

It’s very good so far, very Rouge One in feel and look, gritty, violent (no blood, worst happens off screen) and the lead is no hero.

If you’ve got friends in the US and can operate a simple VPN it’s pretty easy to stream it legally.

fossy

I’m gripped !

Did have a giggle at the poor sentient being in the market that was in the cage next to it’s species being roasted on a spit !

ajantom

Enjoyed that, thought the Blerg(?) training montage was a bit daft though.
    Hopefully they’ll flesh it out a bit as he was pretty boring as a central character. I was more interested in Werner Herzog, some good baddy acting there.

carlos
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed that👍.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that, very short though just over 30 mins I think.

Mrs enjoyed it, it’s in the Star Wars universe, but feels more like GoT to her.

hols2
    Free Member

very Rouge One in feel and look,

Very cosmetic, then?

P-Jay
    Free Member

very Rouge One in feel and look,

Very cosmetic, then?

Bollocks, I do that every time, in my own defence I’m quite brutally Dyslexic .

donks
    Free Member

I thought it was ok. Thought the imperial baddie was a good character and the bounty droid was quite a handful. Just hope it’s not all to lightweight and formulaic though as I can’t see it being especially dark or graphic.

ocrider

I think John Favreau liked the cantina scene more than anything else in any of the Starwars films. He’s not wrong and I await to see an Ewok on a spit in a forest planet marketplace sometime soon.

Drac

That wasn’t too bad at all.

Must dash my flight back to the U.K. is due.

hols2
    Free Member

Bollocks, I do that every time, in my own defence I’m quite brutally Dyslexic .

Time to start being honest with yourself, it’s your subconscious telling you something important.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘The Mandalorian – Trailer’ is closed to new replies.