• This topic has 179 replies, 71 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)
  • The Heart ripped from STW
  • cheez0
    Free Member

..seems a bit tame on here without the rowdy argumongers.

..it’s all a bit polite and.. well.. dare i say, boring?

anyone else pine for the good ole’ days?
    [windnoise]tumbleweed[/windnoise]

sobriety
    Free Member

What, when theprawn used to rage and you could swear and post as ‘anon’?

cheez0
    Free Member

well, a little more recently than that tbh.

theprawn is a legend from before my time, and is fondly remembered.. alas i dont think any of the ‘dogs in funny costumes’ posters will be as famous

retro83
    Free Member

hamsters used to go on fag breaks and ur biek is sarcin

so many happy memories

brakes
    Free Member

the forum is like a lizard, cut it’s penis off and another one will grow back in its place.
    something like that anyway.

beefheart
    Free Member

The less handbags the better.

sobriety
    Free Member

Strangely enough; if I can’t have the chaos of the original forum, I prefer this forum to the one of last year.

I must be getting old…

RustySpanner

I had a crash yesterday.
    I’m sure my helmet saved my life.

Hardly worth mentioning it now……….

jimmy

Follow Fred on Twitter / FB if you want rowdy. Course, he’s not bitter, he doesn’t even care.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

It’s a shame about TJ, but I guess he didn’t heed the warnings. The rest of the recent ones added little to nothing.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

It sure is a lot – a LOT – nicer recently.

Its great that we dont have the usual boring anti X and Y nutters.

So: better basically IMO.

Apart from TJ.

DavidB
    Free Member

What is freds twitter handle

cheez0
    Free Member

some say *applause* but I say look down the list of topics in overview and not say meh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

all new to me except TJ 😥

druidh
    Free Member

Are you so incapable of entertaining yourself that you rely on other folk engaging in petty arguments to hold your interest? If you are finding the topics a bit bland them perhaps start one yourself about something in which you have a genuine interest. You might get some considered, intelligent responses.*

* or the usual STW …….

Woody
    Free Member

Strangely enough; if I can’t have the chaos of the original forum, I prefer this forum to the one of last year.

Couldn’t have put it better and the proof is HERE😉

teasel
    Free Member

some say *applause* but I say look down the list of topics in overview and not say meh.

Indeed. And shock horror, there are loads of topics to do with cycling and bicycles. AND on a bike forum. The cheek of it.

Whatever next…

davidjones15
    Free Member

Indeed. And shock horror, there are loads of topics to do with cycling and bicycles. AND on a bike forum. The cheek of it.

What’s the chat forum for?

teasel
    Free Member

Cheez0 mentioned the Overview, not just the Chat section.

davidjones15
    Free Member

My bad for thinking cyclists have lives away from bikes. Should I only talk about cars when I’m driving?

teasel
    Free Member

I’m sure you’re intelligent enough to work out what I meant by my post and indeed, the point Cheez0 is trying to make. I disagree with Cheez0 in as much as I think any forum is better without the arguing and bitchy content that seems to be ubiquitous nowadays. I also suggested (in a somewhat sarcastic fashion, granted) that a bike forum with threads about bikes is a more inviting place for folk that want to discuss (shockhorror again ; ]) bikes, new or old alike.

Don’t see what your prob is, fella. Quite simple really.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Did he?

druidh
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda
    > Cheez0 mentioned the Overview, not just the Chat section.
    Did he?

[quote=cheez0 ]some say *applause* but I say look down the list of topics in overview and not say meh.
    [/quote]Apparently so

davidjones15
    Free Member

What should we chat about in the chat section then?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cheers – I missed that! Sorry and all.

teasel
    Free Member

Whatever you want to ‘talk’ about, Davy boy. I just don’t like bitchy stuff, is there really an issue with that…?

beefheart
    Free Member

Fish fingers, n’ shit.

teasel
    Free Member

Strange combo…

zokes
    Free Member

Current affairs, problems, other sports, protective headgear, electricity generation?

A whole wealth of options available, just a bit less likely to get to 500-post boreathons…

seven
    Free Member

Couldn’t have put it better and the proof is HERE

But they have a voice loud enough to taint the entire forum with their negativity. The people I am describing will all recognise themselves and they should think very carefully about what they contribute to our community in the future as their lead has now become very short, as SEVERAL have already found out in the last 24 hours.

Here endeth the thread.

looking at this thread and a few others; the psychology is interesting. There seems to be a pitch to fill the the space of the previous big hitters now they are banned.

nature abhors a vacuum 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Speaking as someone who has never separated a lizard from its penis, I’d have to agree that a new generation of personalities will emerge.

Yes, it’s sad that some have gone; yes it’s good to hear some new voices. Like most things, it’s cyclical (see what I did there?).

seven
    Free Member

(see what I did there?).

No

user-removed
    Free Member

It’s a cycling forum. And I said cyclical.

How about now?

seven
    Free Member

yes, very good 🙂

I’m slow on the up take

user-removed
    Free Member

No shame in missing an obscure reference, or indeed, a shit pun.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Fish fingers, n’ shit.

Messy night out?

I like how this thread is becoming a mild argument about the chat forum, it’s so wonderfully STW. There will always be soapboxes, offence, big (s)hitters and sometimes something constructive. It’s the mix of it all that keeps it interesting.

Maybe put up a wanted ad for a new Big Hitter? I seem to get responses there pretty fast, you may get a good deal on one that matches your frame.

user-removed
    Free Member

Right here.The heart beats strongly

hugor
    Free Member

Some of these personalities can be irritating or intimidating at first but after a while they are predictable and to be honest amicable for me.
    TJ for all his faults added alot around here and once you let go of trying to argue helmets or red lights with him, you could have a good chat with him.
    DS comes across to me as a very dry witty intelligent person. His opposing stance often enlightned a majority (way too left wing) stance on a controversy.
    GW for me is a typical FIGJAM stereotype (**** I’m Good Just Ask Me). Once you understand this you accept that most of his posts evolve around this common basic principle it becomes entertaining and predictable rather than personal or offensive.
    Personally I believe if you are threatened by these people then you have inherent personality confidence issues, and perhaps shouldn’t voice your opinion in a public forum where you may be outwitted or academically challenged. You’d be better off just lurking and being educated.
    For me these personalities add to this virtual society.

loum
    Free Member

Free the Edinburgh One!!!!!

And the rest too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘The Heart ripped from STW’ is closed to new replies.