• This topic has 179 replies, 71 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 180 total)
  • The Heart ripped from STW
  • druidh
    Free Member

Report them.
    Seriously.

dragonphoenix
    Free Member

I don’t mean to come across as argumentative here, but it does seem bizarre to complain about the number of non-bike-related posts in the non-bike-related bit of the forum.

To be honest it’s not really the number of them, more the monotony. I know i could ignore them or avoid them. In fact, that is generally what I do / did, to the extent that I didn’t bother registering here.

GW
    Free Member

Spot on hugor 🙂

I’m just back from yet another ban myself. This time for apparently insulting another member.
    Can’t actually remember how many times I’ve been banned in the last year or so (loads) but each and every time it’s been as a result of me being 100% honest. I’m not sure how anyone here finds honesty so hard to deal with. Funny that my honesty on here was fine for the first 11years.
    This place has changed! 🙁
    The negative use/trolling rule here is a complete cop out. if my honest opinion is difficult for some to deal with so be it.

With full freedom of speech the forum used to pretty much self moderate through user opinion.

Other than spam or adult images I honestly can’t think of a single occasion where the “report post” button would be required. How do post reporters cope with the rest of the internet or indeed real life?

Rorschach
    Free Member

They lied….I want my money back.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@GW

So lots (if you’ve been banned “loads” as you say) of people apparently report your posts…that’s how and why you get banned. It’s not the modz trawling your posts and selecting you for special treatment.

If you get lots of bannings, then you get put on a shorter leash – the modz have made this clear before.

So GW, you get lots of people reporting your posts…there’s only one thing in common with them all. You. And yet, you seem unable to be objective and wonder how what you write might affect others and adjust your behaviour accordingly. Gaw’ bless your honesty though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Big hitterz, ADVANCE!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Big hitterz, ADVANCE!

There aren’t many left. It’ll be like the charge of the light brigade FFS!

GrahamS

I’m just back from yet another ban myself.

See that’s clearly just not working. Shouldn’t you have to sit an extended retest or something?

Perhaps each poster’s name should be followed by the number of penalty points they have acquired over the years. Posters reaching 12 would have to wait 2 months till some of the points expired.

GrahamS (5)

zokes
    Free Member

Big hitterz, ADVANCE!

Nah, they need a bigger tank…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can’t remember now…

2 for swear filter avoidance
    1 for posting a NSFW link
    1 for racism 😯 (I think that deserves an extra few points)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flying tanks FTW!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stop taking the piss out of my accent. T(h)anks very much.

zokes
    Free Member

The ROFLCOPTER’d ‘ave that, Flashy!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve been banned in the last year or so (loads) but each and every time it’s been as a result of me being 100% honest. I’m not sure how anyone here finds honesty so hard to deal with.

Perhaps you are actually just rude, insulting and offensive? No need to reply as I know you appreciate my honesty.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m not sure how anyone here finds honesty so hard to deal with

People appreciate honesty, but need to receive it respectfully. If you want people to listen, you have to deliver the message the right way. This takes more thought and effort.

Although you boil my pee from time-to-time, I respect your knowledge and ability. So try hard not to get banned completely.

nick1962
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member

Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

Post reported,clearly a PLO sympathiser and anti Zionist.

yossarian
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

More cats required I think
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpVXIH24KzQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

mt
    Free Member

That’s clever. I mean the helicopter apocolypse now thing.

wonnyj
    Free Member

bring back kluster

colournoise

Never been banned, but I did once receive an ultimatum to stop using blue coloured text here or I would be.

slainte 😯 rob

anagallis_arvensis

So is TJ banned for good? Who else got banned? I have never really understood why threads which were going round in circles got closed, I always thought it would be best to leave them going to keep the big hitters occupied whilst everyone else could talk about coffee and parenting.

GW
    Free Member

Perhaps you are actually just rude, insulting and offensive? No need to reply as I know you appreciate my honesty

abrupt, brutally honest and realistic is how I see it.
    I find folk who constantly ask advice and never say thanks far more rude than anything I ever type. Each to their cotton wool filled own tho, eh?

GW
    Free Member

Oh. And thanks buzz 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The heart was torn out when everyone went “roadie”, bloody lycra fetishists all Wiggo wannabes moaning about getting muddy FFS!!! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

abrupt, brutally honest and realistic is how I see it

So you think what you type is correct….THANKS- how many need to disagree before you reconsider?
    Have you considered the possibility that not everyone is like you? Perhaps you should speak differently to different folk. Some would call this a social skill rather than pandering to someone in cotton wool

I feel like I am talking to one of my children now about how to act 🙄

PS the most hurtfulhonest thing i can say is you have not even registered on my STW radar so you cannot be that offensive or we debate different stuff.

grum
    Free Member

There’s being honest, and then there’s being rude and unpleasant. They aren’t actually the same thing.

I don’t agree with everyone being all nicey nicey all the time and not saying what they think, but there’s just no need to be an arsehole about it when you give your opinion.

Mother never taught you manners?

yunki
    Free Member

ach.. GW

still causing offence..?
    I thought your attitude had markedly improved since you received that little talking to that I felt obliged to administer..

but this thread would seem to indicate otherwise.. remember, you’ve allegedly a lot of experience and knowledge to share.. BUT it’s not often welcomed if you deliver it with this look on your face..

(disclaimer: I’ve never reported anyone except for one overtly racist thug who popped up to peddle hatred and bile)

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m just back from yet another ban myself. This time for apparently insulting another member.
    Can’t actually remember how many times I’ve been banned in the last year or so (loads) but each and every time it’s been as a result of me being 100% honest.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM[/video]

you have not even registered on my STW radar so you cannot be that offensive or we debate different stuff.

STW radar? Is there an app for that?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ll bet money that you don’t behave as you do here to peoples faces. You’d get punched up and down the road here, nevermind in scotland!

druidh
    Free Member

What’s that supposed to mean? Are you suggesting that folk in Scotland are somehow inherently violent?

Post reported for racism!!!!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Thumbs up if you came here for Kalimar!

GW
    Free Member

swearing, insultting me and bringing my mother into it is your idea of a respectful and pleasant reply grum?

wrecker
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that folk in Scotland are somehow inherently violent?

Ummm….errrr…..I have no idea how to get out of that. Not my slickest stereotyping ever.

druidh
    Free Member

Those who are missing the occasional ranty argument need look no further than here.

brakes
    Free Member

is this a parody or a tragedy?

grum
    Free Member

swearing, insultting me and bringing my mother into it is your idea of a respectful and pleasant reply grum?

Oh so you can dish it out but not take it eh sugar? Nothing particularly rude about what I wrote, just being honest. 😉

GW
    Free Member

Wrecker – I’m brutally honest in real life too, luckily most people I talk to are intelligent and tough skinned enough to accept a good humoured dose of reality when they deserve it.

hugor
    Free Member

this isn’t an argument its just abuse

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pwned 😀

You are rather arrogant to think that only the bright can cope with your pearls of wisdom.
    YOu clearly realise you can be abrasive [ on here as in life] so why just suggest everyone is thin skinned/stupid?
    Adapt or keep getting banned it is your call

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘The Heart ripped from STW’ is closed to new replies.