Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • The funniest thing on the telly EVER!
  • racefaceec90

Kramer
    Free Member

Mr Chinnery.

ernielynch

No love for Alan Partridge?

“Would it be terribly rude to stop listening to you and speak to somebody else?”

reeksy

All of Green Wing.

If we’re including radio, then the whole of Cabin Pressure,

John Finemore’s sketch shows too. I just don’t understand why he’s not better known.

A couple of recent Kiwi shows, Wellington Paranormal and The Educators are well worth tracking down.

theotherjonv

easily
    Free Member

i really cannot explain why I find this so funny:

but I do.

I don’t want top-up, I want stays up:

burntembers

How about of a bit of superbly observed satire. Classic

binners

BBC iplayer have just put on a couple of absolute gems that sort of went under the raider. Nighty Night and Early Doors, both of which are absolutely bloody brilliant!

However, the best comedy ever made, by a country mile, is Peep Show which is just the work of unbridled genius

binners

No love for Alan Partridge?

Don’t sit down Lynn, these are sex people

theotherjonv

Reeves and Mortimer can be totally hit or miss, and i don’t think anyone can explain which is which. Least of all them.

Another couple that nearly killed me at the time.

and not TV but the ongoing Roy Hodgson / Warhammer story from Athletico Mince

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can’t pick the funniest. Loads already. But something from this decade…

Friday’s night dinners, mainly for the late great Paul Ritter. There is no filler. Won’t post a clip because you need the whole episode for the buildup

What we do in the shadows TV show is strong in casting and again very little filler https://youtu.be/7Mw1WqL0FV8

I will always love still game though.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Rich Fulcher cracks me up.
    I loved the Snuff Box series which I think went under the radar when it was released.

This art gallery scene always makes me titter.

Klunk
    Free Member

rickmeister

Nick Helm 8OO10CDC

theotherjonv

Friday’s night dinners, mainly for the late great Paul Ritter. There is no filler. Won’t post a clip because you need the whole episode for the buildup

Yes, brilliant. The slow build to excruciatingly delivery of the final scene, just fabulous.

Dead fox in the freezer is my favourite, although “do you know how many people I had working for me?” still cracks me up.

As a country we may be on the scrapheap but we do have the best comedy in the world, don’t we?

theotherjonv

I’m going to post a compilation of clips, and anyone that doesn’t like it is a slanderer.

joshvegas
    Free Member

As a country we may be on the scrapheap but we do have the best comedy in the world, don’t we?

Hmm I really don’t know. There is a lot of great comedy.

For eg

French – A very secret service
    American – Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn 99
    Danish – Norsemen
    Multi national- What we do in the shadows*
    Canadian – Schitts Creek

*I think Netflix etc has made a real improvement of mixing comedic stylings to make some great shows.

We also have some seriously shit comedy to bring down our average:

Mrs Browns boys
    Fawlty towers
    Etc

llama

WWDITS makes me lol but I’m in the minority I think

steezysix
    Free Member

Probably my favourite ever sketch, so simple but genius at the same time:

joshvegas
    Free Member

That is a great sketch.

Similar theme

gordimhor

If not this
    https://youtu.be/TVk4nh-hBKY

It’s probably this

desperatebicycle

Yep. without a doubt.

didnthurt

The wife’s favourite one is the cuddle jumper on “Would I Lie To You”

didnthurt

Mine as a kid was the The Young Ones where Neil gets a cold and Vivian tries to help him.

didnthurt

My favourite comedy programme from the last few years has been Man Down. Especially the scenes with Rick Mayal.

didnthurt

I love the scene in Alan Partridge where he goes nicking cones with the porter from the hotel.

sargey

Gimmie gimmie gimmie was excellent also, especially the line about the ventriloquist.

grimep
    Free Member

youtube.com/watch?v=jxsD6ecxDUg

grimep
    Free Member

Caher

Also found Big Train a hoot at the time but rewatched and not so much. But some great ideas. The Tyrant at Home could be updated to Putin hoovering.

Cougar

If not this

I do like a bit of Rab C Nesbitt.

I remember a scene, watching back on my old 12″ B&W portable, Rab barrels in to find a sheep up to mischief. He points at it and bellows, “right then ye, ye are a **** RUG!” It was all in McGregor’s delivery of course but I lost the plot, I was howling.

paladin

Chewin the fat..

metalheart
    Free Member

My favourite Armstrong & Miller sketch is the one with Byron, Shelley, etc., back at the chateau to share their stories. Apologies over it being a link (its no longer on Youtube):

Mine is a tale of an enchanted beast…

First time I watched it I literally fell off the sofa laughing so much…

I was also partial to the Trailer Park Boys Space Weed…. (Great decnals)

Scapegoat

Fast Show. There are many gems on here but I still often quote this one at random!

And of course

slowoldman

Barry Humphries on Parky.

This one?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just seen this for the first time. And its vaguely topical. This Morning content…

jam-bo

show me the age profile of the forum without telling me how old you are…

nickc

Also found Big Train a hoot at the time but rewatched and not so much

Lots doesn’t stand the test of time, but for some reason Nightingale and Alfred Hitchcock’s “The working Classes” are still pretty funny

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Any of the RAF pilots sketches from The Armstrong and Miller Show were brilliant, especially if you work with teenagers or have children who speak like them.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.